Mr Raman Malhotra

Raman Malhotra is an award-winning ophthalmic and oculoplastic surgeon whose work has received international recognition. He runs courses, gives lectures and speaks at medical institutions and conferences worldwide on topics ranging from facial nerve palsy to eyelid lifts and tear trough fillers. He has written textbooks and numerous medical papers that have been published in leading journals. He also runs a successful fellowship programme. In 2007, Mr Malhotra received the American Academy of Ophthalmology Achievement Award and in September 2011 he was awarded a National Clinical Excellence Award by the Department of Health and in December 2015 he was awarded as Silver National Clinical Excellence Award by the Department of Health. He has expertise in eyelid, orbital and lacrimal disorders. In particular, aesthetic eyelid surgery, ptosis surgery, thyroid eye disease, watery eyes, facial palsy, eyelid skin cancer management and reconstruction and facial dystonias such as blepharospasm. His website is: www.ramanmalhotra.com

24th November 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Gatwick Park Hospital

Raman Malhotra performed a bilateral ptosis, 4 lid blepharoplasty and lower lid tightening on my baggy, watering eyes 3 months ago. I am very pleased with the result and my eyes now look and function much better, but also look completely natural for a woman of 68. The operation was almost stress free (for me) and thanks to his excellent anaesthetist, and I can honestly say I felt nothing. Afterwards my eyes felt very tight and sore but I never needed painkillers and I am a bit of a wimp. I did look pretty horrendous for 4-5 days, but by the end of the week I could go out without scaring the public. I found him to be friendly, empathetic, explained the risks and benefits well in words I could understand, but above all, a extremely competent surgeon.

8th November 2017
Written by a carer at Queen Victoria Hospital

Dr Raman is a caring,helpful and a very understanding man who is passionate about his job. Dr Raman explains clearly the procedure of ptosis surgery he was going to do on my daughter and I am very pleased with the result of the surgery he has performed on my daughters eye. Yasser&Naira

26th October 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Gatwick Park Hospital

Mr Malhotra - excellent and extremely professional surgeon. He listens to what concerns that I may have about my appearance and he offers sound, solid advice before committing to any treatment. I have been to see Mr Malhotra for various treatments over the years, Botox and fillers and have always been very pleased with the results of the work that he has performed. He works in a quiet, refined manner and is always welcoming and makes me feel at ease. He is not a pushy surgeon, trying to make you have treatments you don't need. I would absolutely recommend visiting Mr Malhotra for any treatment that you may be considering.

23rd October 2017
Written by a patient at The Mcindoe Centre

I had a wonderful experience at the Mcindoe Centre where Mr Malhotra performed my eye op. From his secretarial team to the nurses, I was most impressed with their professionalism and superb service. Mr Malhotra made me feel most at ease and I am very happy with the results.

18th August 2017
Written by a patient at The Mcindoe Centre

Raman Malhotra is THE person to trust with any concerns/issues you may have with your eyes. He came recommended to me from another well respected surgeon when I needed specific issues (ptosis and loose lower eyelid droop) resolved. He is gentle, kind, approachable, experienced and incredibly passionate about his specialist work. Mr Malhotra derives his job satisfaction directly from his patients satisfaction of the procedure, and will adjust/amend/ make good if the client is not 100% satisfied. His explanation, procedure, recovery and results were exactly as stated and I therefore highly recommend that he be your first port of call when investigated any procedure involving the eyes.

Nearest Ophthalmologists