miss-deepika-akolekar

Miss Deepika Akolekar

« 1 2 3 4 »

8th March 2021

I was diagnosed with breast cancer through a routine mammogram in April 2019. I was so pleased to have chosen Miss Akolekar from the available consultants as she took time to explain everything clearly and patiently complete with diagrams. She was particularly concerned regarding the cosmetic result of my nipple which is perfect. I would defy anyone to know that I have had surgery. I would highly recommend Miss Akolekar.

8th March 2021

She is sympathetic, honest and straightforward.

6th March 2021

Miss Akolekar is the kindest and most supportive consultant. She explained everything very clearly in a friendly, caring way and was reassuring. I never felt rushed in appointments. She is a fantastic surgeon. I had complete confidence in her ability to remove the cancer but she also gave me great cosmetic results. I feel very lucky to have Miss Akolekar as my consultant.

25th February 2021

I love Deepika. Let me count the ways. Firstly, I love that Deepika has never put on the 'consultant face' with me. She is always 100 percent present with her patients and, it seems, everyone she deals with. I love that Deepika encouraged me to keep my breast when I was panicked and just wanted her to cut it off. Her skill is the reason I feel I can still go into an open change room. I love that when my GP insensitively suggested that a sore neck might be my cancer recurring as bone cancer that Deepika moved heaven and earth to get me a full and comprehensive scan (which was clear). I could go on but I suspect you get the gist. She is amazing. Any patient that she works with is in the very, very best hands.

23rd February 2021

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in July 2019 and following diagnosis had surgery followed by radiotherapy. It was a very frightening time and I couldn't have asked for a kinder, more supportive consultant to look after me. Miss Akolekar is a highly skilled professional who also brings to the role of consultant a deep sense of understanding, empathy and reassurance. She performed a very neat surgery on my right breast which looks very good after 18 months. I will always remember coming round immediately after surgery to find her at my beside to tell me how it had gone and ensuring that I had everything I needed. I felt she really went the extra mile to make the experience as smooth as possible for the patient. I would not hesitate to highly recommend Miss Akolekar.

« 1 2 3 4 »

Miss Akolekar is a Consultant Breast and Oncoplastic Surgeon whose substantive NHS practice is based at Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust. She undertook her higher surgical training with the South-East Scotland rotation. She trained at the Edinburgh Breast Unit at Western General Hospital and subsequently continued her training in Breast Surgery at South East London and Kent Hospitals. On completion of her higher specialist surgical training, she was offered the National Oncoplastic and Reconstructive Fellowship at the Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guilford and Queen Victoria Hospital at East Grinstead. She has worked with a some brilliant Oncoplastic and Plastic Surgeons to advance her surgical skills. She is fully trained in advanced breast conservation and breast reconstruction. As a female breast surgeon, she is passionate about conserving the breast whenever possible and using plastic surgical techniques to ensure that women undergoing breast surgery have good aesthetic outcomes. Deepika believes in establishing excellent rapport with her patients and empowering them with the knowledge and help them in decision making during their treatment Deepika has keen interest in clinical academics and education. She underwent a dedicated period of full-time research at the University of Edinburgh which led to the award of a research MD. She has presented her work in national and international meetings and published her work in peer-reviewed scientific journals. She is currently the Clinical Lead for Breast Services at Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust. Deepika has a keen interest in service development. She introduced a structured telephone clinic at the Maidstone Breast Unit to convey results to patients in a timely manner thereby saving them a visit to the hospital and increasing the capacity in the breast clinics. She passionately believes in improving patient experience especially when they are faced with anxious. She has contributed to the development of Hospital@Home team which allows early discharge of patients after surgery. Deepika has developed the Breast App along with her colleague Dr Russell Burcombe to provide patients reliable information during their treatment.

Short link to review Miss Deepika Akolekar: http://iwgc.net/ehczk