19th May 2017
Written by a patient at Maidstone Hospital

I was diagnosed as having a hiatus hernia by Mr Hamouda. He was so kind and caring and seemed to really understand the pain I was in. Despite the long NHS waiting lists he pushed for me to have an urgent operation which he performed and has totally transformed my life. The care I have received from Mr Hamouda was second to none from start to finish. At a time where the NHS is under such strain he is an absolute credit to them and has given me faith again in a system that I thought was falling apart. Medicine is clearly more than just a job to Mr Hamouda and his kind, understanding, caring, yet professional nature is what makes him a wonderful man.

3rd March 2017
Written by a patient at The Tunbridge Wells Hospital

He was so kind and talked me through exactly what my operation was going to entail. He came back every morning thereafter to see how I was getting on. Fantastic doctor.

6th December 2016
Written by a patient at The Tunbridge Wells Nuffield Hospital

I had a initial consultation then an operation followed by a final follow up consultation by this Doctor. 1st Consultation - Reviewed issue. Confirmed all medical talk and answered my questions well. Diagnosed me with the said condition. Very polite and approachable. Operation - Briefly spoke upon arrival and explained what he would be specifically doing. Answered a few questions. Then had operation which I obviously didn't actually see him do lol. Then later on next day upon discharge he checked my wound and wished me a good recovery. - Looking at wound it looked nice clean and straight clean cut. Surgery went well as I was able to pass urine after a short delay albeit slowly. I was able to walk a short distance after surgery to the bathroom. No problem. Pain killers worked well but only ibuprofen & paracetamol; nothing stronger required. So tho an operation and with limitations he did a great job to maximise recovery within the perimeters of the event. No DVT and no side effects from operation. A small amount of surgical bruising to be expected occurred. No complications during surgery was advised. Final Consultation - Nice unhurried review. Done a few tests and thus confirmed operation successful. Gave me some advice for the next 2 weeks - i.e no heavy lifting etc. Like me he seemed very pleased with the outcome. Advising a 3% risk of reoccurring. The scar looks neat clean and something to show off. Albeit a scar something to be impressed about. Apart from having an medical issue that needed to be dealt with I am very pleased with the outcome and can now resume my life as near normal. I was walking around on day 2 and day 3+ so I was making a great recovery after the operation. I am also very impressed at the speed of identifying the problem to consultation and having the operation and the recovery.

27th November 2016
Written by a carer at Maidstone Hospital

Highly skilled & professional surgeon

24th November 2016
Written by a patient at Maidstone Hospital

I have recently had a fairly complicated repair of a hiatus hernia which was very large and had allowed my stomach to pass through into my chest. Mr Hamouda explained that my stomach would need to be put back into its normal position and the hiatus hernia repaired so that the incidence of it happening again was greatly decreased. From the moment I met Mr Hamouda I was struck by his kind, calm manner and professional advice. I had complete trust in him, helped in part, by his explanation of the surgical procedure, he kindly included a drawing (on the back of a sheet of paper in my notes). He is an excellent surgeon who treats his patients like human beings and I would have no reservation in recommending him to anyone needing surgery.

Short link to review Mr Ahmed Hamouda: http://iwgc.net/eggfl