mr-ahmed-hamouda

Written by a private patient at The Tunbridge Wells Nuffield Hospital
21st April 2021

I was really worried before my sleeve operation and I did worry I may have complications or be in pain. I was quite nervous before and really I shouldn't have been and wished I had done it sooner. Mr Hamouda is very calm and very nice to talk with. He made me feel at ease and he has so much encouragement and enthusiasm for you to do well. I had great care and feel supported through the process and everyone I have seen as part of this have helped me with my journey. I recovered quickly from the operation and had no problems along the way. I would recommend seeing Mr Hamouda as he is fantastic and so are his support team.

7th December 2020

From the start to finish the care was excellent and Mr Hamouda friendly, clear and informative, making the whole process feel safe and reassuring.

25th November 2020

I found the doctor to be very helpful and understanding of my condition

24th November 2020

The care I received from Doctor Hamouda was brilliant. One consultation and I was booked in for surgery 4 weeks later. He made me feel reassured whilst also being honest about any risks associated with the procedure and carefully explaining exactly what would happen. My only negative was the admin around the procedure. I was booked for my op on Wednesday and told I needed to arrive by 7.30am. I had to go for a pre-op and COVID test the previous Friday, but at that appointment was then told the COVID test had been moved til Monday. Then when I attended the COVID swab I was told by the person doing the swab that my procedure time on the Wednesday had changed from AM to PM. I thought this was pretty late notice and was very stressful. I have 3 young children that I had arranged childcare/school run cover etc for, and had to completely re-arrange this with less than 48 hours notice. Not easy given the current restrictions, and I feel like a phone call to explain this rather than a note on a piece of paper should have been the process.

25th November 2020
Response from Mr Ahmed Hamouda

Thank you very much for the feedback and apologies for the short notice changes to scheduling. Due to Covid results, restrictions and pressure on theatre lists it has become more difficult to manage case load with diminished scheduling flexibility. Your important point about more effective communication has been noted and will be cascaded to the admin teams at the hospital. Best wishes.

Written by a patient at Benenden hospital
14th November 2020

From my first meeting with Mr Hamouda I felt totally confident. His explanation of the procedure Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy left me feeling reassured and he was very patient answering my many questions!!!. Communication was first class prior to the appointment as Covid had caused disruption amongst the hospitals available but Mr Hamoudas secretary kept me informed which was excellent. My experience at the Benenden was amazing and I was looked after by a very caring team.Nothing was too much trouble and the staff worked hard to maintain such high standards during these difficult times. I can only say a huge thank you.

Mr Ahmed Hamouda was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Short link to review Mr Ahmed Hamouda: http://iwgc.net/eggfl