« 1 2 3 4 »

27th July 2017
Written by a patient at Maidstone Hospital

I had a large hiatus hernia but I did not have the classic signs and symptoms. However I was quite unwell with severe chronic anaemia and a constant feeling of choking. I was always tired and had constant aching joints and cramps. When I was told how bad the HH was I asked about having it repaired. Although I was anxious about the surgery as I was afraid I would have to have it repaired the old way because of previous abdominal surgery. Mr Hamouda was confident he could repair it laparoscopically he talked me through the procedure and put me at ease. He also talked me through the aftercare in detail and explained how important this was. He was able to do the operation keyhole and I was discharged home the following day already feeling so much better. I followed the dietary advice carefully as I knew it was important for the success of the surgery, I am normally a very bad patient and don't follow advice!! The followup care I have received from Mr Hamouda has been excellent and any problems I have had have been investigated and resolved quickly. I have never felt I was making a fuss, I was only ever listened to and reassured. The care I have had from Mr Hamouda and his team is the kind you hope you will always receive but sadly often don't get. The surgery recommended and performed by Mr Hamouda has enabled me to have a new lease of life, moving to a new area and making a completely new start. I now feel well again, I am no longer anaemic, nor do I have the feeling of choking, I am no longer tired and in pain and I now have energy and enthusiasm for living. A bonus of the surgery is that I have lost weight as I don't eat as much as I used to. Thank you Mr Hamouda for giving me my life back. I would recommend Mr Hamouda to anyone who needs this procedure.

23rd July 2017
Written by a patient at Maidstone Hospital

I have had a gastric band with Dr Ahmed Hamouda on 18/7/17 and so far so good. I am so pleased with the whole process and he has been very clear about possible risks/complications throughout and didnt feel pressured at all to having the op. Surgery went amazingly, had op at 2pm - went home at 8pm. Very little pain, my wounds are so small and neat. Dr Hamouda and his PA keep you informed, answer any questions and book the follow up appointment so quick after surgery. I really cannot recommend him enough and so pleased I went with him. Very very happy customer :) Nicky Knowles

19th May 2017
Written by a patient at Maidstone Hospital

I was diagnosed as having a hiatus hernia by Mr Hamouda. He was so kind and caring and seemed to really understand the pain I was in. Despite the long NHS waiting lists he pushed for me to have an urgent operation which he performed and has totally transformed my life. The care I have received from Mr Hamouda was second to none from start to finish. At a time where the NHS is under such strain he is an absolute credit to them and has given me faith again in a system that I thought was falling apart. Medicine is clearly more than just a job to Mr Hamouda and his kind, understanding, caring, yet professional nature is what makes him a wonderful man.

3rd March 2017
Written by a patient at The Tunbridge Wells Hospital

He was so kind and talked me through exactly what my operation was going to entail. He came back every morning thereafter to see how I was getting on. Fantastic doctor.

6th December 2016
Written by a patient at The Tunbridge Wells Nuffield Hospital

I had a initial consultation then an operation followed by a final follow up consultation by this Doctor. 1st Consultation - Reviewed issue. Confirmed all medical talk and answered my questions well. Diagnosed me with the said condition. Very polite and approachable. Operation - Briefly spoke upon arrival and explained what he would be specifically doing. Answered a few questions. Then had operation which I obviously didn't actually see him do lol. Then later on next day upon discharge he checked my wound and wished me a good recovery. - Looking at wound it looked nice clean and straight clean cut. Surgery went well as I was able to pass urine after a short delay albeit slowly. I was able to walk a short distance after surgery to the bathroom. No problem. Pain killers worked well but only ibuprofen & paracetamol; nothing stronger required. So tho an operation and with limitations he did a great job to maximise recovery within the perimeters of the event. No DVT and no side effects from operation. A small amount of surgical bruising to be expected occurred. No complications during surgery was advised. Final Consultation - Nice unhurried review. Done a few tests and thus confirmed operation successful. Gave me some advice for the next 2 weeks - i.e no heavy lifting etc. Like me he seemed very pleased with the outcome. Advising a 3% risk of reoccurring. The scar looks neat clean and something to show off. Albeit a scar something to be impressed about. Apart from having an medical issue that needed to be dealt with I am very pleased with the outcome and can now resume my life as near normal. I was walking around on day 2 and day 3+ so I was making a great recovery after the operation. I am also very impressed at the speed of identifying the problem to consultation and having the operation and the recovery.

« 1 2 3 4 »