The Tunbridge Wells Nuffield Hospital

Kingswood Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, England, TN2 4UL

16th October 2019

I had a gastric band inserted into myself on 9th October 2019 by Dr. Hamouda at Nuffield, Tunbridge Wells. I am writing this review (16.10.19, one week after Surgery) because I feel that I have received a top surgery experience and treatment on the day was impeccable by the Nursing Staff who took care of me Before I decided to go ahead, I had a consultation with Dr. Hamouda who explained it all in great detail to me; the pre - op diet to shrink the liver - he mentioned that he would be supplying me with a tool and that I'd still have to do the work to lose the weight. He did advise me on perhaps having part of my stomach removed or a gastric sleeve but he respected my wishes that I wanted the band. I did have another appointment with another company, as it's always great to get two or three quotes, but having met with Dr. Hamouda, I didn't even both with the other companies. I have read online on many social media groups where people have had their bariatric operations done abroad but would advise against this because, if you're having something like, say, a gastric band, you need to get the aftercare and for the money, I get all of that but if you go abroad, you have to find somebody afterwards who will increase and decrease restriction as required. I feel that the price paid for the operation is well worth the money as I am going to get complete aftercare, I reckon I will need at least two years and it's honestly the best thing I have ever done. I also get a nutritionist and physiotherapy support too. The only regret I have is that I didn't do this sooner as I have been miserable with being overweight for 25 years and I can now see a way out of my obesity dilemma. In fact, I lost 9lb in two weeks on my pre-op diet and in the last week I have lost 6lbs! I do not feel deprived or hungry. In fact, I feel FANTASTIC! I feel as though a big black cloud has been lifted from me this week although I am not going to say it isn't painful for a couple of days but you get all the pain relief and advice and if you follow it, then you'll be fine! Like any big purchase, if you was buying a house or a car, well a bariatric surgery, it's not cheap because it's a specialist purchase that you'd be buying. I didn't go for the cheapest option (the band) because of money. In my case, it's cos I wanted to get back to work (albeit from home) as soon as I could so if you're going to consider any type of bariatric surgery, I can, wholeheartedly, recommend Dr. Hamouda and his staff at Nuffield Tunbridge Wells.

21st July 2019

Happy with care.

7th December 2018

Very nice

{{category}} working at The Tunbridge Wells Nuffield Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The Tunbridge Wells Nuffield Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb6a9