Mr Magdy Moawad

Private Secretary: Siobhan Reilly 07719 688855, email:mr.msecretary@gmail.com www.surreyveincare.com Mr. Moawad has a Master degree in general surgery and gained his FRCS (Ed) in 1999. He also gained FRCS (Gen.Surg) in vascular surgery in 2009. Magdy has advanced training in vascular and endovascular surgery and has worked in many eminent Regional Vascular and Endovascular Units such as St Thomas’, St George’s and Royal Free Hospitals in London. This has enhanced his skills and has allowed him to become familiar with different and diverse surgical practices. Finally, he enjoys playing music and has artistic talent that has been reflected on in his work. Areas of interest: Management of varicose and thread (spider) veins using VNUS, Laser and Foam Sclerotherapy. ;Open and minimally invasive (endovascular) management of aortic aneurysms, ;Management of carotid artery disease for prevention of strokes and mini-stroke ;Lower limb vascular reconstructions to improve the circulation of the leg. ;Management of diabetic foot and limb salvage. ;General surgery interests including all types of hernia repairs, Excessive sweating, Botox therapy. Other interests: Throughout his clinical career Mr Moawad has been involved in both formal and informal teaching of both undergraduates and postgraduate doctors from different Universities and is very keen to play a role in surgical training. He is an examiner at the Imperial College in London and he is also a member of the interviewing panel of potential medical students (MB BS) at St George’s University of London. Member of: • Vascular Society of Great Britain and Ireland • British Society of Endovascular Therapy • European Society for Vascular Surgery • Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh • Surrey Vascular Group Network Research: Mr Moawad continuously supports the clinical research and encourages his team to write papers. He also supports his colleagues in the design and analysis of their research. Magdy is very skilled and confident in database writing, management and understanding of its use in clinical practice. This enabled him to share in the development of information and decision support systems in the NHS. He devised many database applications that helped in audit and research projects for his colleagues and himself. Personal interests: Magdy plays the lute and violin and plays music to raise money for charitable and various other events. His most recent performances were in London, Paris and Sweden. He was a guest of honor at the BBC world service in April 2013. He played and discussed the relation between music and medicine. This interview lasted one hour. Languages spoken: English and Arabic

19th May 2017
Written by a patient at Ashford Hospital

My varicose vein treatment was originally planned to have the veins stripped, however when I arrived for Surgery Dr Moawad came to explain to me an alternative option called Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA). I am so pleased that I accepted this option as I had the operation and had no pain afterwards. I removed the bandages as directed, took exercise as suggested, and the healing went as predicted and I have had no after effects. Mr Moawad put me totally at ease and explained the procedure so well that at no time did I feel anxious and was very pleased that he had taken over my treatment. I would totally recommend this procedure without hesitation.

18th May 2017
Written by a patient at St Peter's Hospital

Mr Moawad was very informative about my treatment. A very kind and caring person who explained everything to me. This was much appreciated as I am quite a nervous patient. Was put at ease from my first appointment. And my treatment was a complete success. Wish he was my Doctor !!!

2nd May 2017
Written by a patient at St Peter's Hospital

On the 30th December 2016 I undertook Surgery for an Aorta Aneurism the procedure was performed by Key-Hole and proved to be very successful and I have now fully recovered. Prior to the operation and at an age of 84 I had to visit the hospital over a period of 3 months for extensive health checks prior to the surgery. I would add that I was always treated with courtesy, promptly and extremely efficenetly and the team of doctors and nurses were very good. I would not hesitate to recommend other patients to this Consultant.

21st April 2017
Written by a patient at St Peter's Hospital

I was very fortunate to have Mr Moawad as my Surgeon, from the moment we met I was shown respect, kindness and treated as if I was his only patient. Every aspect of my condition, diagnosis and treatment was explained in great detail. Form my very first appointment I felt totally at ease and very reassured that I was in the right hands. Mr Moawad professionalism was very apparent at all times yet there was always an genuine level of care, consideration and understanding shown towards me. Every member of the surgical team was a pleasure to meet and each one also went out of their way to make me feel at ease. I have the deepest respect for Mr Moawad and will always be very grateful.

10th April 2017
Written by a patient at St Peter's Hospital

My varicose vein treatment went like clockwork. I had the operation, no pain afterwards, removed the bandages as directed, took exercise as suggested, and the healing went as predicted. I have no after effects. Mr Moawad's explanations were clear and concise. I think he or the hospital might have explained to me beforehand that I would have lumps (ie blood clots) in the leg - it caused me a little concern for a while but I had a clean bill of health at the post-op examination. Thank you for the treatment.

Nearest Vascular and transplant surgeons