Mr Magdy Moawad

Private Secretary: Siobhan Reilly 07719 688855, email:mr.msecretary@gmail.com www.surreyveincare.com Mr. Moawad has a Master degree in general surgery and gained his FRCS (Ed) in 1999. He also gained FRCS (Gen.Surg) in vascular surgery in 2009. Magdy has advanced training in vascular and endovascular surgery and has worked in many eminent Regional Vascular and Endovascular Units such as St Thomas’, St George’s and Royal Free Hospitals in London. This has enhanced his skills and has allowed him to become familiar with different and diverse surgical practices. Finally, he enjoys playing music and has artistic talent that has been reflected on in his work. Areas of interest: Management of varicose and thread (spider) veins using VNUS, Laser and Foam Sclerotherapy. ;Open and minimally invasive (endovascular) management of aortic aneurysms, ;Management of carotid artery disease for prevention of strokes and mini-stroke ;Lower limb vascular reconstructions to improve the circulation of the leg. ;Management of diabetic foot and limb salvage. ;General surgery interests including all types of hernia repairs, Excessive sweating, Botox therapy. Other interests: Throughout his clinical career Mr Moawad has been involved in both formal and informal teaching of both undergraduates and postgraduate doctors from different Universities and is very keen to play a role in surgical training. He is an examiner at the Imperial College in London and he is also a member of the interviewing panel of potential medical students (MB BS) at St George’s University of London. Member of: • Vascular Society of Great Britain and Ireland • British Society of Endovascular Therapy • European Society for Vascular Surgery • Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh • Surrey Vascular Group Network Research: Mr Moawad continuously supports the clinical research and encourages his team to write papers. He also supports his colleagues in the design and analysis of their research. Magdy is very skilled and confident in database writing, management and understanding of its use in clinical practice. This enabled him to share in the development of information and decision support systems in the NHS. He devised many database applications that helped in audit and research projects for his colleagues and himself. Personal interests: Magdy plays the lute and violin and plays music to raise money for charitable and various other events. His most recent performances were in London, Paris and Sweden. He was a guest of honor at the BBC world service in April 2013. He played and discussed the relation between music and medicine. This interview lasted one hour. Languages spoken: English and Arabic

4th June 2018
Written by a patient at St Peter's Hospital

Sympathetic to request on anaesthetic v epidural, operation, now ready to play golf. 87 soon and recovery speedy, walking daily helps me stay fit

17th May 2018
Written by a patient at St Peter's Hospital

Dr Moawad is just the best. Had a very kind and caring consultation. And he was very friendly and informative. Been looking after me since early 2017 and look forward to my annual appointment as I have complete confidence in thus lovely man. Thank you Dr Moawad.

9th May 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Runnymede Hospital

Mr Moawad treated me at The Runneymede Hospital in Chertsey. I had varicose vein surgery. I had 3 veins treated with radiofrequency and then a couple of evulsions (removal of veins). Mr Moawad is extremely professional and very courteous. I am extremely pleased with the results. My legs are less swollen when I have been on them for long periods of time. They are less painful and look better. An excellent result. I would thoroughly recommend Mr Moawad if you are thinking of vascular surgery.

24th April 2018
Written by a patient at Ashford Hospital

I found Mr Moawad to be an excellent Doctor. Prior to my operation he was very explicit as to what he was going to do. He explained what he was doing throughout the op. I was very apprehensive about my op, which I was having done by Local Anaestheric, but he assured me that I would be OK, which I was. There was very little pain and the op went very smoothly. He certainly made me feel at ease.

8th April 2018
Written by a patient at Ashford Hospital

Has a quirky, gentle sense of humour which set me at ease very quickly. Explained things well and am very happy with the varicose vein surgery (radio frequency ablation) I had in December 2017.

Nearest Vascular and transplant surgeons