Mr Magdy Moawad

Private Secretary: Siobhan Reilly 07719 688855, email:mr.msecretary@gmail.com www.surreyveincare.com Mr. Moawad has a Master degree in general surgery and gained his FRCS (Ed) in 1999. He also gained FRCS (Gen.Surg) in vascular surgery in 2009. Magdy has advanced training in vascular and endovascular surgery and has worked in many eminent Regional Vascular and Endovascular Units such as St Thomas’, St George’s and Royal Free Hospitals in London. This has enhanced his skills and has allowed him to become familiar with different and diverse surgical practices. Finally, he enjoys playing music and has artistic talent that has been reflected on in his work. Areas of interest: Management of varicose and thread (spider) veins using VNUS, Laser and Foam Sclerotherapy. ;Open and minimally invasive (endovascular) management of aortic aneurysms, ;Management of carotid artery disease for prevention of strokes and mini-stroke ;Lower limb vascular reconstructions to improve the circulation of the leg. ;Management of diabetic foot and limb salvage. ;General surgery interests including all types of hernia repairs, Excessive sweating, Botox therapy. Other interests: Throughout his clinical career Mr Moawad has been involved in both formal and informal teaching of both undergraduates and postgraduate doctors from different Universities and is very keen to play a role in surgical training. He is an examiner at the Imperial College in London and he is also a member of the interviewing panel of potential medical students (MB BS) at St George’s University of London. Member of: • Vascular Society of Great Britain and Ireland • British Society of Endovascular Therapy • European Society for Vascular Surgery • Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh • Surrey Vascular Group Network Research: Mr Moawad continuously supports the clinical research and encourages his team to write papers. He also supports his colleagues in the design and analysis of their research. Magdy is very skilled and confident in database writing, management and understanding of its use in clinical practice. This enabled him to share in the development of information and decision support systems in the NHS. He devised many database applications that helped in audit and research projects for his colleagues and himself. Personal interests: Magdy plays the lute and violin and plays music to raise money for charitable and various other events. His most recent performances were in London, Paris and Sweden. He was a guest of honor at the BBC world service in April 2013. He played and discussed the relation between music and medicine. This interview lasted one hour. Languages spoken: English and Arabic

29th January 2017
Written by a patient at St Peter's Hospital

Mr Moawad was highly professional in both his initial consultations, pre-surgery discussion and follow up appointment. He clearly explained the issues associated with the veins in my leg (based on the ultrasound test results) and why he felt that surgery was the right option for me. He made it clear that this being non-urgent it was my choice as to if and when I wanted the surgery. I went ahead based on the pain in my leg and the knowledge that it wouldn't clear up without intervention from the discussions with Mr Moawad - if I didn't trust him I would have looked elsewhere for a surgeon but I had no hesitation in trusting him.

17th January 2017
Written by a patient at St Peter's Hospital

He is a very nice gentleman, listening and understanding my poor speaking English. He gave me all the assurance I needed to feel comfortable to have the operation.

12th January 2017
Written by a patient at St Peter's Hospital

My case was apparently very unusual and complicated. While I was in hospital in November-December 2012, Mr Moawad was meticulous in explaining the situation and his bedside manner was always kind and reassuring. This has continued in all follow-up appointments since then. I always feel that his personal interest in my continued progress is genuine, and I greatly appreciate his courtesy and his willingness to keep me well informed. Thank you!

12th January 2017
Written by a patient at St Peter's Hospital

From initial meeting at A&E , through admission, investigation, referral, operation and post op care, Mr. Moawad has provided courteous, thorough and efficient treatment. He has explained the results of tests and the treatment available and recommended, taking care to manage risks where appropriate. My thanks go to him and his team.

29th December 2016
Written by a patient at St Peter's Hospital

Mr Moawad gave both me and my wife excellent support from the moment my condition was discovered. He explained in detail the processes that could be undertaken and the reason why this particular procedure was undertaken. I felt confident that I was in good hands and the follow up consultation was positive. Further consultations were planned to ensure that the procedure was still satisfactory. A very positive and supportive experience throughout

Nearest Vascular and transplant surgeons