Mr Magdy Moawad

Private Secretary: Siobhan Reilly 07719 688855, email:mr.msecretary@gmail.com www.surreyveincare.com Mr. Moawad has a Master degree in general surgery and gained his FRCS (Ed) in 1999. He also gained FRCS (Gen.Surg) in vascular surgery in 2009. Magdy has advanced training in vascular and endovascular surgery and has worked in many eminent Regional Vascular and Endovascular Units such as St Thomas’, St George’s and Royal Free Hospitals in London. This has enhanced his skills and has allowed him to become familiar with different and diverse surgical practices. Finally, he enjoys playing music and has artistic talent that has been reflected on in his work. Areas of interest: Management of varicose and thread (spider) veins using VNUS, Laser and Foam Sclerotherapy. ;Open and minimally invasive (endovascular) management of aortic aneurysms, ;Management of carotid artery disease for prevention of strokes and mini-stroke ;Lower limb vascular reconstructions to improve the circulation of the leg. ;Management of diabetic foot and limb salvage. ;General surgery interests including all types of hernia repairs, Excessive sweating, Botox therapy. Other interests: Throughout his clinical career Mr Moawad has been involved in both formal and informal teaching of both undergraduates and postgraduate doctors from different Universities and is very keen to play a role in surgical training. He is an examiner at the Imperial College in London and he is also a member of the interviewing panel of potential medical students (MB BS) at St George’s University of London. Member of: • Vascular Society of Great Britain and Ireland • British Society of Endovascular Therapy • European Society for Vascular Surgery • Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh • Surrey Vascular Group Network Research: Mr Moawad continuously supports the clinical research and encourages his team to write papers. He also supports his colleagues in the design and analysis of their research. Magdy is very skilled and confident in database writing, management and understanding of its use in clinical practice. This enabled him to share in the development of information and decision support systems in the NHS. He devised many database applications that helped in audit and research projects for his colleagues and himself. Personal interests: Magdy plays the lute and violin and plays music to raise money for charitable and various other events. His most recent performances were in London, Paris and Sweden. He was a guest of honor at the BBC world service in April 2013. He played and discussed the relation between music and medicine. This interview lasted one hour. Languages spoken: English and Arabic

21st November 2018
Written by a patient at St Peter's Hospital

Mr Moawad listened carefully to my request that, if possible, surgery should be conducted under local rather than general anaesthetic - easier, speedier recuperation. He performed laser treatment of the veins and sclerotherapy, resulting in notable reduction in lymphoedema.

31st October 2018
Written by a patient at Nuffield Health Guildford Hospital

I would fully recommend MR Moawad as a vascular surgeon. He was extremely patient, kind and understanding of my nervousness at undergoing surgery and anaesthetics. His pre and post care was also very calm and all in all I am extremely grateful for his all round highly professionalism.

18th October 2018
Written by a patient at St Peter's Hospital

I saw Mr Moawad at his clinic following a scan on my carotid arteries. He explained the treatment options in detail and without any jargon. I decided to have surgery (a carotid enderectomy) on one of the arteries and Mr Moawad was able to have this expedited so that the operation was just over three weeks later. I also opted to have the procedure done under local anaesthetic and Mr Moawad did all he could to help me relax during the process, chatting with me before, during and after the operation. The outcome was perfect and the incision healed quickly. I would strongly recommend Mr Moawad to anyone contemplating vascular surgery. He has a sympathetic, good humoured and gentle manner and in the op theatre I could see that the team around him held him in very high esteem. He is obviously a fan of Stefane Grappelli, as his music played in the background throughout my operation.

24th September 2018
Written by a patient at Nuffield Health Guildford Hospital

My surgery by Mr Moawad has been carried out smoothly, seemingly with no effort and with excellent results. Clinically his calm, confidant attitude is one that reassures. I have always found him to be informative, with a caring manner and a pronounced sense of humour. Mr Moawad's receptionist, Siobhan Reilly, appears exceptionally efficient and courteous. Telephone messages are always responded to and she troubles to remember patient's details.

26th June 2018
Written by a patient at St Peter's Hospital

I am the luckiest man on this planet, and this is all due to Mr Magdy Moawad. I had a swollen Aorta Aneurysm and need critical medical intervention and operation. This took place on the 5th March 2018 at St Peters Hospital, Surrey. Not only did Mr Moawad win me over by is uncanny natural ability to calm you down and build my confidence in him, but he took my wife from an almost nervous breakdown to a complete superwoman just by using his calm comforting voice and manner, by the time I went to theater she was calm and relaxed. After to operation and 3 days in intensive care, Mr Moawad was so re-assuring and listened intensely to me and my medical questions and concerns, Nothing would be to much trouble for him, His unbelievable sense of humor has such amazing healing factors. My wife asked him - How many operations like this has he done? and he took her hand in his calming her down he said with a mammoth smile on his face " This is my First time" well we both loved it. Thank you Mr Moawad, I will remember you for the rest of my life. My two middles aged kids also send their kindest regards to you and wish you everything of the best.My Wife of 44years says Thank you for giving me a second health chance in life which she can enjoy with me. THANK YOU MR MAGDY MOAWAD Bill Cowle Woking, Surrey England

Nearest Vascular and transplant surgeons