mr-magdy-moawad

27th January 2023

Mr Moawad treated me for a vein operation in my leg and I can say he was very professional throughout my first consultation, operation and follow up appointment. His relaxed and friendly approach is very reassuring, explaining everything clearly. I wouldn't hesitate to visit Mr Moawad again should need arise.

4th January 2023

Magdy Moawad inspires confidence from the outset. He is matter-of fact, professional and non-judgemental. Mr Moawad is calm and efficient and he has a wonderful sense of humour. All appointments have been on time and I am delighted with work that he and his team did for me. I had outpatient surgery under local anaesthetic for varicose veins - something that I had suffered from for many years. I only wish that I had done this sooner. I have no hesitation in recommending him to any other patients with similar conditions. Thank you.

21st December 2022

Mr Moawad was a fantastic surgeon and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him. On time, clear, friendly and humorous as well as very good at his job!

11th November 2022

I recently underwent a non-cosmetic vascular procedure with GA under the care of Mr Moawad. The service delivered by Mr. Moawad and his team was superb; his manner is warm, friendly and reassuring. I was kept very well informed; his team were responsive and the outcome of the surgery itself has exceeded my expectations. I would wholeheartedly recommend Mr. Moawad to any family member or others.

9th November 2022

I hadn’t heard of Mr Moawad before enquiring about my varicose vein but I’m so pleased he became my surgeon. He was polite, clear, professional but also had a great sense of humour which put me to ease. My procedure went like clockwork and today I was discharged 4 weeks after to procedure. The results are brilliant - I’m SO happy. No bruising and if you didn’t know I’d had a procedure you really wouldn’t see any signs. I’m heading off on holiday with renewed confidence in showing my legs - thank you

Mr Magdy Moawad was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2022 for delivering outstanding care.

Specialty Clinical Lead for Vascular Surgery
Educational Supervisor, Clinical Supervisor, Appraiser
MBBCh, MSc, FRCSEd, FRCS (Gen Surg), Certificate in Teaching

Private Secretary: Siobhan Reilly
07719 688855, email: Admin@SurreyVeins.com
www.SurreyVeins.com

Mr. Moawad has advanced training in vascular and endovascular surgery and has worked in many eminent Regional Vascular and Endovascular Units such as St Thomas’, St George’s and Royal Free Hospitals in London. This has enhanced his skills and has allowed him to become familiar with different and diverse surgical practices.

Finally, he enjoys playing music and has artistic talent that has been reflected on in his work.

Areas of interest:

Management of varicose and thread (spider) veins using VNUS, Laser and Foam Sclerotherapy. ;Open and minimally invasive (endovascular) management of aortic aneurysms, ;Management of carotid artery disease for prevention of strokes and mini-stroke ;Lower limb vascular reconstructions to improve the circulation of the leg. ;Management of diabetic foot and limb salvage. ;General surgery interests including all types of hernia repairs, Excessive sweating, Botox therapy.

Other interests:

Throughout his clinical career Mr Moawad has been involved in both formal and informal teaching of both undergraduates and postgraduate doctors from different Universities and is very keen to play a role in surgical training.

He is an examiner at the Imperial College in London and he is also a member of the interviewing panel of potential medical students (MB BS) at St George’s University of London.

Member of:

• Vascular Society of Great Britain and Ireland
• British Society of Endovascular Therapy
• European Society for Vascular Surgery
• Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
• Surrey Vascular Group Network

Research:

Mr Moawad continuously supports the clinical research and encourages his team to write papers. He also supports his colleagues in the design and analysis of their research.

Magdy is very skilled and confident in database writing, management and understanding of its use in clinical practice. This enabled him to share in the development of information and decision support systems in the NHS.

He devised many database applications that helped in audit and research projects for his colleagues and himself.

Personal interests:

Magdy plays the lute and violin and plays music to raise money for charitable and various other events. His most recent performances were in London, Paris and Sweden.

He was a guest of honor at the BBC world service in April 2013. He played and discussed the relation between music and medicine. This interview lasted one hour.

Languages spoken: