Mr Magdy Moawad

Private Secretary: Siobhan Reilly 07719 688855, email:mr.msecretary@gmail.com www.surreyveincare.com Mr. Moawad has a Master degree in general surgery and gained his FRCS (Ed) in 1999. He also gained FRCS (Gen.Surg) in vascular surgery in 2009. Magdy has advanced training in vascular and endovascular surgery and has worked in many eminent Regional Vascular and Endovascular Units such as St Thomas’, St George’s and Royal Free Hospitals in London. This has enhanced his skills and has allowed him to become familiar with different and diverse surgical practices. Finally, he enjoys playing music and has artistic talent that has been reflected on in his work. Areas of interest: Management of varicose and thread (spider) veins using VNUS, Laser and Foam Sclerotherapy. ;Open and minimally invasive (endovascular) management of aortic aneurysms, ;Management of carotid artery disease for prevention of strokes and mini-stroke ;Lower limb vascular reconstructions to improve the circulation of the leg. ;Management of diabetic foot and limb salvage. ;General surgery interests including all types of hernia repairs, Excessive sweating, Botox therapy. Other interests: Throughout his clinical career Mr Moawad has been involved in both formal and informal teaching of both undergraduates and postgraduate doctors from different Universities and is very keen to play a role in surgical training. He is an examiner at the Imperial College in London and he is also a member of the interviewing panel of potential medical students (MB BS) at St George’s University of London. Member of: • Vascular Society of Great Britain and Ireland • British Society of Endovascular Therapy • European Society for Vascular Surgery • Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh • Surrey Vascular Group Network Research: Mr Moawad continuously supports the clinical research and encourages his team to write papers. He also supports his colleagues in the design and analysis of their research. Magdy is very skilled and confident in database writing, management and understanding of its use in clinical practice. This enabled him to share in the development of information and decision support systems in the NHS. He devised many database applications that helped in audit and research projects for his colleagues and himself. Personal interests: Magdy plays the lute and violin and plays music to raise money for charitable and various other events. His most recent performances were in London, Paris and Sweden. He was a guest of honor at the BBC world service in April 2013. He played and discussed the relation between music and medicine. This interview lasted one hour. Languages spoken: English and Arabic

25th May 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Runnymede Hospital

Dr Moawad consulted me on a epigastric hernia and then followed on with restorative surgery. From meeting Dr Moadwad through to the discharge appointment - he was fantastic. He provided full details and information on the issue, risks and procedure. We had a long discussion in the risks of delaying and the benefits of operating sooner - and the recovery time - which enabled me to make an informed decision. The surgery itself was impeccable - from the moment being checked in to departing (on the same day!) it was a smooth, simple and painless experience - i was walking the dog by the time I got home. Recovery was quick and steady and after 6 weeks we had a follow up review to check the healing. Again this was an informative session and was good to close the loop on the process. I am exceedingly grateful Dr Moawad was assigned and I have had a wonderful experience from end to end.. Thanks very much Dr Moawad and I would highly recommend you to all Andy Castle

25th April 2019
Written by a patient at Nuffield Health Guildford Hospital

Mr Moawad recently treated my varicose vein that had been bothering me for some while. I was very impressed with his examination using ultrasound and the way he set out the options for treatment so clearly. It was a day case when I had the vein stripped and after a few days of mild discomfort I was back to normal. I would recommend Mr Moawad for his professionalism and his easy manner.

12th April 2019
Written by a patient at St Peter's Hospital

I was treated for an abdominal aortic aneurysm by Mr Mowad and his team on the 5th April at St Peters Hospital. From my first meeting with Mr Mowed he was calming, reassuring and put my mind at rest regarding the procedure. His sense of humour was great and said he couldn't guarantee I would win any golf competition after my operation. The operation was done under local anaesthetic with sedation and I was able to leave hospital the following day. Mr Mowad is a fantastic consultant and would recommend him to anyone. Thank you once again.

11th April 2019
Written by a patient at St Peter's Hospital

Super doctor, he took excellent care of me when I had a lipoma removed and made me feel relaxed and in control at all times. Excellent sense of humour too!

14th February 2019
Written by a patient at St Peter's Hospital

Mr Moawad, is a very caring doctor, he looked after me very well , made me feel special. Thank you

Nearest Vascular and transplant surgeons