St George's Hospital

Blackshaw Road, London, England, SW17 0QT

6th November 2019

The ICU department are amazing and I am truly grateful to the team for the care they gave my father. He was treated with great respect and the attention they paid to his care was second to none. I am truly grateful for the work they do and the commitment they should to their patients. Thank you

14th October 2019

I came back from holiday and was admitted to Nye Bevan ward where I had excellent care. I was transferred to Keate Ward where I was thoroughly investigated and sent for fine needle aspiration under ultrasound guidance. Following this I was given IV antibiotics 6 hourly until today. Tomorrow I will have another aspiration and hopefully will be going home later. With regard to care and personal attention, the staff were exemplary in every way. They were crying and kind beyond the call of duty as well as always being cheerful and helpful. I've really appreciated how everyone been , not just with me , but.listening to them with other patients. I am rely impressed, having been involved as a medical secretary in NHS for a very long time. The NHS is a wonderful institution and should be appreciated by everyone. Thank you very much for my cre.

22nd July 2019

Georges is a hospital full of good individuals, but those individuals just don't work together. Needs a very big management rethink to be able to compete with the other London hospitals.

16th June 2019

I prefer to not comment on the hospital as I feel it is not relative to the doctors work.

13th June 2019

I wanted to inform you about the exceptional level of care and treatment that we received from Cassandra Foskett (Speech and Language Therapist, Assessment & Intervention Team, Tooting Health Centre) in reference to our daughter who is experiencing dysfluency. From the first assessment, Cassandra clearly explained the process and timeframes. She was efficient and has always followed up exactly in the way that she says she would. She was thorough with her assessment of our child ensuring to explain the rationale behind the approach she was undertaking. She has suggested practical strategies that have helped our child. Cassandra is very affable and engages in a really lovely way with our daughter. We are really gutted to be frank that we’ve had to move out of the area and that our daughter's care has to be transferred. Our new provider will have some big boots to fill! Cassandra is an invaluable asset to the team. My wife and I are both very impressed by her. Just so that you know, I worked clinically and operationally in the NHS for many years. I spent the last 5 years working in Commissioning for CCG’s and later for NHS England; so I am quite au fait with what we expect in terms of standards of care. Cassandra is exceptional.

28th May 2019

I would like to say a fantastic thank you to the staff on Benjamin weir ward, I cannot single out just one person each member of the team played their part, from my very lowest point I was encouraged not to give in not to give up and to keep going, even after the operation kept given encouragement to keep going, even when in Great pain was told it will get better and I totally agree with them it does get better. I will never be able to thank the team so much for what I have done.

23rd April 2019

I underwent heart valve replacement surgery with Mr Aziz Momin and his team. A very skilled cosultant heart surgeon and the aftercare in the Benjamin Weir ward was excellent. The nursing staff were very caring. I am very happy to know that there are such good hospitals around.

9th January 2019

I have only had one stay in this or any hospital for major surgery and so I was not sure what to expect. A first class surgeon (and team, no doubt) performed what turned out to be a very successful operation. The nursing on the recovery ward was superb and I was treated with respect throughout by nurses of differing nationalities. Now the downside. The one thing that lets this hospital down more than anything else, is the Pharmacy. I noticed many times when my wife was treated for cancer at St. George's, the lack of coordination between 'staff' and pharmacy. One is given a discharge time only to find that you have to wait several hours to leave because you are waiting for the Pharmacy to dispense your drugs. On one such occasion, we left the hospital on the basis that I would return later that evening to pick up the drugs. It turned out that all were not dispensed and had to make a further visit the next morning to collect the remainder. Following my own discharge from St. George's at 13:00hrs, it was not until two hours later that I complained bitterly - along with others that day. One of the nurses kindly applied some pressure and within 20 minutes I was out the door with my prescription which my local chemist could have supplied. I am told that St. George's is not unique and that this happens in most hospitals. To me it just undoes all the great work that the nurses do. It must embarrass them no end. Surely the hospital needs to free up beds asap. Is there not a solution?

4th January 2019

On Saturday 3/11 I had a mountain bike accident and broke my neck, cracked 3 vertebrae, my sternum and a few ribs. Clearly not a great ride. Dr Crocker met me on Sunday morning to explain the options and he did so in a very easy way to understand. Obviously I was in pain and worried but he reassured me and came across as someone I could trust. Post the operation that Sunday Dr Crocker came to visit and gave me advice on managing the pain and to be confident that the repairs are solid and that I can start being mobile. His motivation techniques are direct (no sugar coating) and I appreciated his approach so within 8 days I was discharged. It is now 8 weeks since the operation and I met Dr Crocker yesterday (04/01) and the feedback was good and he went through every question I had and explained the injury, what he had done to complete the repair and also the next steps. At no stage did I feel rushed and his easy to understand language and use of images made it easy for me to understand. Next step will be in October with a CT scan and removal of my metal work from the back. What I like: 1. Straight talking and easy to understand 2. Good listening skills and gave me his time (when I had an appointment) 3. After care support via email was there and I can appreciate how busy he is but he made a point of being there for me. 4. The nurses definitely like him as he can be witty which is a nice ice breaker. Would I recommend Dr Crocker: 1. Yes and my GP spoke highly of him when she met me in her clinic. 2. Gave me choices of treatment 3. Gave honest feedback Regards, Steve

16th December 2018

Great treatment both before and after surgery, everyone was kind, respectful and very professional. Whilst I was only in for four days after surgery I was discharged with everything that I needed. My earlier fear of both surgery and the stay in hospital was completely unfounded. I was looked after very well.

{{category}} working at St George's Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review St George's Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4z4