Spire St Anthony's Hospital

London Road, North Cheam, Sutton, SurreyEngland, SM3 9DW

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

6th June 2018

I have been treated twice now at this hospital and it has always been a good experience: friendly and professional staff, and a calm and clean environment. It is ideal for recuperating post-operatively. The food is good, and the rooms and en suites feel quite “hotel-like”, for a Hospital! My favourite part of this hospital is the lovely warm hydrotherapy pool, and the amazing physiotherapy team.

6th June 2018
Response from Spire St Anthony's Hospital

Many thanks for your fantastic review, we're very glad that you had a positive experience at our hospital.

8th April 2018

Staff don't talk to each other no continuity

10th April 2018
Response from Spire St Anthony's Hospital

I’m sorry you feel there were communication and continuity issues on this visit to the hospital. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns. To arrange this, please contact our Matron's PA, Jane Hodgson on 0208 335 4584.

15th March 2018

I am currently undergoing treatment at this hospital and on the first time (consultation) my appointment ran late by over an hour, the second time I had blood tests and an MRI scan. The MRI scan was booked on the wrong day and I was unable to have my blood taken since the rooms were locked and the reception staff were unable to lock them and didn’t know where the keys were. The third time (to get my results when I was already stressed about it) I was called prior to change my appointment on two occasions and then on the day my appointment was again, over an hour late. Safe to say the NHS gives far better service and I will be looking at moving my healthcare services somewhere else.

16th March 2018
Response from Spire St Anthony's Hospital

We always strive to deliver a high standard of service and we’re sorry we didn’t achieve this on your recent visits to the hospital. Listening to and acting on feedback is important to us so we would welcome the opportunity to meet with you to discuss your experience. To arrange this, please contact our Matron's PA, Jane Hodgson on 0208 335 4584.

22nd January 2018

My surgeon and anaesthetist were excellent and I was well looked after in the recovery room. What I experienced back in my own room varied. The night staff with a sister in charge were excellent; organised, caring and empathetic. The day staff lacked having a sister in charge. A different staff nurse was in charge every day and there was no cohesion. Majority of staff seemed unhappy with their work and even spent time complaining outside my door. I wasn’t helped with washing and on the 4th day asked for assistance to have a shower after breakfast and someone reluctantly came at 2pm!! This was my first experience of private health care and in future I'll take my chance with the NHS and save my BUPA payments. Ps the catering staff and food was excellent.

25th January 2018
Response from Spire St Anthony's Hospital

I’m sorry you feel you didn’t receive the high standard of service we always aim to deliver. Listening to and acting on feedback is important to us. Please contact Jane Hodgson (PA to Spire St Anthony's Matron) on 0208 335 4584 to discuss your experience.

3rd January 2018

I was admitted for repair of my fractured clavicle in July 2017, following a fall from my cycle. I was referred by the A&E Dept of my local NHS Hospital and put under the care of Mr Vipul Patel, an upper limb orthopaedic surgeon. For details of my treatment, see the review I wrote under his name. I arrived at 8am and was admitted promptly, shown to my room asked to get into my gown and then a little later had all my pre-op observations done by my named nurse. I was then seen by the anaesthetist who did his own pre op tests and questions. About an hour before my scheduled time, I was visited by my surgeon who explained what was going to happen and went through filling in the consent form. I went down to theatre at 12:30 as planned and woke up briefly in the new Recovery room in the brand new theatre block containing one of 6 new theatres which includes a state of the art hybrid theatre, two cardiac theatres and also orthopaedic theatres. Once I was stable I was taken back to the ward where I eventually woke up at about 16:00. I was then given sandwiches, some tea and some fruit and post op observations taken. At about 17:00 my son arrived and I was allowed to go home with him at 17:30. Discharge was efficient and quick except for a slight delay in obtaining the tablets I was prescribed for immflammation and pain relief. I was very happy with the quality of care and facilities as an inpatient, and also with the follow up outpatient appointments, and excellent new physiotherapist Dept. With its new hydrotherapy pool and patient gym. I would highly reccomend Spire St Anthony's Hospital for both inpatient orthopaedic procedures, physiotherapy treatment and outpatient services. I was also referred to a cardiologist following palpitations in July 2017 and had outpatient treatment under Dr Firoozi. I received excellent diagnostics and follow up service.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »