Spire St Anthony's Hospital

London Road, North Cheam, Sutton, SurreyEngland, SM3 9DW

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

3rd January 2018

I was admitted for repair of my fractured clavicle in July 2017, following a fall from my cycle. I was referred by the A&E Dept of my local NHS Hospital and put under the care of Mr Vipul Patel, an upper limb orthopaedic surgeon. For details of my treatment, see the review I wrote under his name. I arrived at 8am and was admitted promptly, shown to my room asked to get into my gown and then a little later had all my pre-op observations done by my named nurse. I was then seen by the anaesthetist who did his own pre op tests and questions. About an hour before my scheduled time, I was visited by my surgeon who explained what was going to happen and went through filling in the consent form. I went down to theatre at 12:30 as planned and woke up briefly in the new Recovery room in the brand new theatre block containing one of 6 new theatres which includes a state of the art hybrid theatre, two cardiac theatres and also orthopaedic theatres. Once I was stable I was taken back to the ward where I eventually woke up at about 16:00. I was then given sandwiches, some tea and some fruit and post op observations taken. At about 17:00 my son arrived and I was allowed to go home with him at 17:30. Discharge was efficient and quick except for a slight delay in obtaining the tablets I was prescribed for immflammation and pain relief. I was very happy with the quality of care and facilities as an inpatient, and also with the follow up outpatient appointments, and excellent new physiotherapist Dept. With its new hydrotherapy pool and patient gym. I would highly reccomend Spire St Anthony's Hospital for both inpatient orthopaedic procedures, physiotherapy treatment and outpatient services. I was also referred to a cardiologist following palpitations in July 2017 and had outpatient treatment under Dr Firoozi. I received excellent diagnostics and follow up service.

5th December 2017

The theatre staff/Recovery staff and the ward staff looked after me so well post surgery!

21st October 2017

If one has to stay in a hospital, there can be no better choice than Spire St Anthony's.

31st October 2017
Response from Spire St Anthony's Hospital

Many thanks for taking the time to review the hospital, we are glad you had a positive experience at Spire St Anthony's.

8th June 2017

I needed to write this as I was so impressed when I visited St Anthony's as an outpatient. I was seeing one of the consultants Dr Rodin who was absolutely amazing and needed to have two sets of blood tests done on two separate occasions. The main reason I am writing this is because I was so impressed by the phlebotomist! I am a needle phobic and so trying to take blood from me is very hard. The lady that saw me the first time was INCREDIBLE! I've never felt so at ease and comfortable (as I could in that situation) she did it all so quickly and easily and I really couldn't believe how easy it was. The best experience of having blood taken ever! As you can imagine this is a massive thing for me and I have to really build myself up just going into the room. The second time I was greeted by the same phlebotomist - she remembered me which was lovely and again put me at ease. The second time was even easier! I really cannot thank this woman enough and commend St Anthony's for having such a good phlebotomy unit! I would recommend this hospital so much as this is really the best experience I have had at any hospital (and I've had to go to a fair few over the years). From the kind and friendly ladies that greet you at the outpatients desk, to the absolutely amazing phlebotomist that drew my blood. I could not recommend this hospital more to anyone who needed it!

21st June 2017
Response from Spire St Anthony's Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to review Spire St Anthony’s Hospital, your feedback is appreciated.

7th June 2017

Staff in paediatric ward were FANTASTIC! So friendly and kept my 3 year old at ease, entertained and comfortable all day. Aswell as caring for my son they kept us informed and as least concerned as we could be. The ward is recently decorated and the rooms are child friendly. Would highly recommend for children.

9th June 2017
Response from Spire St Anthony's Hospital

Many thanks for your review, we’re very pleased to hear that your family had a pleasant experience at Spire St Anthony’s Hospital.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »