Mr Barun Majumder MD, FRCS(Glas) FRCS (Gen Surg)24 reviews
Hello Mr Majumbder. I was a Patient under your care at St Peters Hospital approx 6 weeks ago with Seroma. You along with Dr Ali, provided me with bed visits to up date me along with your Professional Teams as to what was happening. You gave me comfort, allayed my fears with Reassuring words. The procedures to rid of the Seroma were successful. Thank you very much. Kind Regards Simon Short
Mr. Majumder was extremely helpful. As a new patient, he listened to my symptoms and history, and explained his proposed treatment to me and my husband. The surgery went very well.
I am very happy with Mr Majumder. Two years ago he operated my husband with excellent results and I couldn’t be happier with all my treatment from first consultation to surgery. I would certainly recommend Mr Majumder.
Great surgeon, takes time to explain and not rush you out the door, goes out of his way and listens to any concerns before and after surgery. By far he’s the best surgeon I’ve come across. Thank you V Bigsby Operated on 25th July 19
Treated with respect and very helpful; in explaining condition
- General surgery
- Vascular and Transplant Surgery
• Vascular Surgery
• General Surgery
GENERAL MEDICAL COUNCIL
GMC Number: 4637316
• Endovascular repair of aortic aneurysm
• Peripheral angioplasty or open bypass surgery for claudication and critical limb Ischaemia (rest pain, ulcers, gangrene)
• Diabetic limb salvage/infection- he runs one stop weekly Multidisciplinary Diabetic foot clinic at Stephanie Mark’s Diabetic center at St Peter’s and Ashford hospital
• Carotid endarterectomy for TIA/ Stroke
• Endovascular aortic aneurysm repair (EVAR)
• Femoro-popliteal bypass surgery
• Angioplasty/bypass operation for mesenteric ischaemia
• Varicose veins treatment (VNUS, Foam Sclerotherapy)
• Epigastric hernia repair
• Femoral hernia repair
• Hernia repair, inguinal (open)
• Hernia repair, Para umbilical and umbilical
• Vascular Society of Great Britain & Ireland
• British Society of Endovascular Therapy
• Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
• Surrey Vascular Network Group
• The British Medical Association
Mr Barun Majumder graduated in 1988 from Calcutta National Medical College, India and trained as Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon in the West of Scotland. His special interest includes endovascular repair of aortic aneurysm especially using Intra Vascular Ultrasound (IVUS) in treating aneurysm and in peripheral angioplasty. He also gained a wide experience in open aortic, carotid, mesenteric ischaemia, lower limb reconstructive for claudication and critical limb ischaemia, minimally invasive vein treatment, diabetic limb salvage and redo vascular surgery. He also experienced in treating upper limb ischaemia and vasculitis disease.
Mr Majumder has also a special interest in teaching and research. He also has a certificate in educational supervision and teaching. He is also attended the Royal college Training the trainer course. He is a tutor for basic surgical skills & MRCS course at the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow (RCPSG). He also interview panelist for selection of core higher surgical trainee for Kent, Surrey and Sussex Deanery.
Mr Majumder has in involve in various research project and audit since he was a trainee. He is well versed with research methodology both in Clinical and laboratory based molecular research. He was spent 18 months as a Surgical Research Fellow at Aberdeen University leading to MD. His has research results are published in peer review journals and presented his research and audit results at various regional, national and international meeting over the years. He has recently applied for grant from Welcome lab for ongoing research into new dressing technique for leg ulcer. He collaborate with local universities for his research projects
His enjoys cooking and plays Classical/Flamenco Guitar and Mandolin.
NHS secretary 01932 722170
Private secretary 07508 662676
Nearest General surgeons
Nearest Vascular and transplant surgeons
Short link to review Mr Barun Majumder MD, FRCS(Glas) FRCS (Gen Surg) : http://iwgc.net/efnmc