Mr Barun Majumder MD, FRCS(Glas) FRCS (Gen Surg)

SPECIALIST • Vascular Surgery • General Surgery LANGUAGES SPOKEN • English • Hindi • Bengali GENERAL MEDICAL COUNCIL GMC Number: 4637316 CLINICAL INTERESTS • Endovascular repair of aortic aneurysm • Peripheral angioplasty or open bypass surgery for claudication and critical limb Ischaemia (rest pain, ulcers, gangrene) • Diabetic limb salvage/infection- he runs one stop weekly Multidisciplinary Diabetic foot clinic at Stephanie Mark’s Diabetic center at St Peter’s and Ashford hospital TREATMENTS/PROCEDURES • Carotid endarterectomy for TIA/ Stroke • Endovascular aortic aneurysm repair (EVAR) • Femoro-popliteal bypass surgery • Angioplasty/bypass operation for mesenteric ischaemia • Varicose veins treatment (VNUS, Foam Sclerotherapy) • Epigastric hernia repair • Femoral hernia repair • Hernia repair, inguinal (open) • Hernia repair, Para umbilical and umbilical PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP • Vascular Society of Great Britain & Ireland • British Society of Endovascular Therapy • Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow • Surrey Vascular Network Group • The British Medical Association PERSONAL STATEMENT Mr Barun Majumder graduated in 1988 from Calcutta National Medical College, India and trained as Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon in the West of Scotland. His special interest includes endovascular repair of aortic aneurysm especially using Intra Vascular Ultrasound (IVUS) in treating aneurysm and in peripheral angioplasty. He also gained a wide experience in open aortic, carotid, mesenteric ischaemia, lower limb reconstructive for claudication and critical limb ischaemia, minimally invasive vein treatment, diabetic limb salvage and redo vascular surgery. He also experienced in treating upper limb ischaemia and vasculitis disease. Mr Majumder has also a special interest in teaching and research. He also has a certificate in educational supervision and teaching. He is also attended the Royal college Training the trainer course. He is a tutor for basic surgical skills & MRCS course at the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow (RCPSG). He also interview panelist for selection of core higher surgical trainee for Kent, Surrey and Sussex Deanery. Mr Majumder has in involve in various research project and audit since he was a trainee. He is well versed with research methodology both in Clinical and laboratory based molecular research. He was spent 18 months as a Surgical Research Fellow at Aberdeen University leading to MD. His has research results are published in peer review journals and presented his research and audit results at various regional, national and international meeting over the years. He has recently applied for grant from Welcome lab for ongoing research into new dressing technique for leg ulcer. He collaborate with local universities for his research projects His enjoys cooking and plays Classical/Flamenco Guitar and Mandolin. NHS secretary 01932 722170 Private secretary 07508 662676

15th April 2016
Written by a patient at St Peter's Hospital

It is hard not to run out of superlatives when describing Mr Majumders performance. i was admitted to St peters for repair of a previous aortic aneurism. the general opinion was that it was pretty well inoperable but Mr Majumder having carefully studied the scans decided that it was do-able although the risk of death was very high. I was moved to critical careprior to and after the operation. I cannot praise the care i received to highly from Mr Majumder and Mr Browning together with the large team of doctors surgeons and nurses who visited me frequently and always gave straight answerers to my questions i owe them all thanks for saving my life.

3rd December 2015
Written by a member of staff at Ashford Hospital

Mr Majumder is a brilliant vascular consultant.He has taught me so much regarding vascular,which I have managed to use in my clinical setting. He puts patients first,he's caring,kind and fair. I would highly recommend him.

3rd December 2015
Written by a patient at Ashford Hospital

Mr Majumder has been looking after me for over a year now and he has always been reliable and sympathetic to my needs. He has seen me through an operation on both my legs and although the operation was successful he is still very much involved in keeping a check on my progress and sorting further procedures out that are required. Though my healing process is taking time I have every confidence in him.

16th April 2015
Written by a patient at St Peter's Hospital

My Name ... Mr R Attard-Aquilina. hospital number 307417A I am very pleased to be able to put on record my experience with Mr Barun Majumder MD . FRCS. Firstly The Person and secondly The consultant surgeon. From our first meeting ( consultation)... I was struck by the warmth of the man... how he made me feel at ease and answered all my questions regarding the procedure for varicose surgery...VNUS of LEFT GSV. What was really impressive was the way he explained things... without using technical language and his relaxed manner as if I was the only patient to be seen. The day of surgery..... 9 th February 2015.. Once again Mr Majumder excelled...... He was there to greet me and reassure me and was present throughout the procedure talking me through what was happening. Perhaps its appropriate here to congratulate Mr Majumder's surgical team and the doppler technician who were all amazing. The final consultation and discharge was on 14th April 2015.... Once again Mr Majumder examined the left leg and was pleased with the result of the surgery as am I .... no pain.... no swelling...... post surgery the leg as good as new. Mr Majumder.... An excellent Job... Thank you very much. What prompted me to write here is not only to acknowledge and applaud Mr Majumder and his team..... but also all the staff at St Peter's and Ashford hospitals . The pre med team..... The post op and recovery team. and the doppler /ultrasound team .... THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE RECEIVED HOSPITAL TREATMENT in 70 years...WELL DONE NHS. ... BRILLIANT.

Nearest Vascular and transplant surgeons

Short link to review Mr Barun Majumder MD, FRCS(Glas) FRCS (Gen Surg) : http://iwgc.net/efnmc