Mr Richard O'Hara

22nd September 2017
Written by a patient at St Peter's Hospital

Consultant completely disregarded the history - I had to continually remind him that what he was hypothesizing did not fit with the history of the condition. He clearly didn't want to listen to me and I suspect he believed my condition was invented as its hard to explain his condescending, unhelpful attitude otherwise. Most importantly he lied about the purpose/suitability of a particular treatment, suggesting it was completely unsuitable for me and not worth pursuing. There are 3 pathways for problems with the back - surgery, which I agreed was not applicable to me, injections, which he stated was "A last resort that only masked the condition, and only used on patients they had otherwise given up completely on ever recovering properly" - the last one was physiotherapy which I pointed out I had already had 6 months of (paid for privately) without any success. I've subsequently spoken to 2 other consultants who both immediately suggested that given my history, am injection have been the first thing suggested to me. His characterization of the purpose and efficacy of injections was completely wrong but maliciously deceitful. I suspect he had decided to not believe my history, nor to believe what I told him about 6 months of physio not working, because the end result was that I have been put on a long waiting list for more physiotherapy. I hold a PhD in Medicinal Chemistry - as such I'm qualified to understand what a competent physician should know and how they should behave. As a result of my experiences, I believe Richard is unfit to practice and I would strongly advise anyone against seeing him.

Short link to review Mr Richard O'Hara: http://iwgc.net/eeivr