st-peters-hospital-1

Guildford Road, Chertsey, Surrey, England, KT16 0PZ

1 2 3 4 5 68,973 reviews

Review of Neurology - St Peter's ,
16th November 2022

My first time getting medicate for epilepsy. Had to chase results at doctors what for ages to get the medication for the seizures. Not spoke to the consultant about my condition. Can’t see him in the clinic until July 2023. I feel this is very bad and worrying for myself. You basically said his medication take it. Not giving me and information about my condition. And reassured me that everything will be ok. It’s quite worrying really. Has you would not say to a patient you got cancer there is your chemotherapy session. and not speak to them about there condition , I think been told I have epilepsy is quite worrying. And not been giving any information about it until half way through next year is worrying. And bad

Make follow up appointments after been diagnosed within 6 weeks. To talk about the condition. Not over half year later

Review of General Surgery,
10th September 2022

I was referred to ESAC following a missed miscarriage for surgical management. I was (and am) raw with grief - tears running down my face, it's not hidden. Only 1 person (one of the care team in theatre, Viran?) showed any compassion and held my arm. Everyone else treated me with business-like efficiency. All it would have taken is a kind smile, "I'm so sorry", a gentle touch to help me feel human. My surgery was delayed (I understand) but no one talked to me. And the doctor didn't even bother to see me to say how it went after surgery. I had to read the medic discharge notes to find out. Afterwards I had to recover on a mixed ward, I know space is limited but I was bleeding and the curtains weren't even pulled close - there was no privacy.

Show some compassion for women going through miscarriage, we're heartbroken over the loss of our baby. Consider whether they can recover in a "women only" space. See people after surgery.

Review of Neurology - St Peter's ,
18th May 2022

I was treated by Dr Vijay Nar. This feedback is in respect to the care I received from him specifically. I am extremely grateful to Dr Nar for taking my health problems seriously. He was meticulous, thorough and detail oriented which is what I needed. He didn't rush me at all. I was able to explain everything and ask as many questions as I wanted. Unfortunately many of the doctors I have interacted with in the past 12 months have been dismissive of my health problems despite them having destroyed my life. Dr Nar was the first doctor who genuinely cared for my health. He looked at the problems holistically and set out a clear plan. There has been a marked improvement in my condition since I saw him. The medication he prescribed coupled with the knowledge that I am in good hands has helped to ease my anxiety. It will take some months to get better but I am cautiously optimistic that it will happen eventually. Thank you Dr Nar.

N/A

Review of Urgent Treatment Centre - Children,
27th April 2022

He was made to wait to be triaged when he had already waited and been triaged at a previous hospital.

We had already been triaged at a previous hospital but then was made to wait to be triaged again.

Parent Dignity
Suitable Location
Review of Paediatric A&E - St Peter's,
13th January 2022

We were asked to attend A&E as my daughter's haemoglobin was 50. This is low enough for a transfusion, however with the processes via A&E we avoided this and she is being treated as an outpatient. We were reviewed by 3 senior paediatric professionals, who were clearly very busy. My daughter had repeat bloods. And ECG, and ultrasound and an outpatient appointment given to us within 3 weeks. Lovely staff, clean tidy unit and my daughter was kept informed and calm throughout. Well done to all NHS staff who continue great work.

We were in the hospital for 9 hours, and our wait was mainly for the appropriate person to give us the clear to go home. However this was probably unavoidable.

Parent Dignity
Suitable Location
Safe Way

{{category}} working at St Peter's Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review St Peter's Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb43v