mr-joideep-phadnis

30th December 2020

Mr Phadnis performed a left bicep distal tendon repair and really impressed me with his knowledge, enthusiasm, trust, decision making ad post-op care. I would not hesitate recommending him to everyone, 1st class. btw, I have had many ops so know a good 'un.

Written by a patient at Princess Royal Hospital
19th December 2020

Hopefully our paths don’t have to meet again, but if they do, I would be more than happy! Very professional, cared about my outcome and clearly a skilled consultant.

Written by a patient at Spire Gatwick Park Hospital
13th December 2020

Meeting Mr Joideep Phadnis was definitely my 'sunshine' of this year 2020. I had experienced nearly 18 months of pain in my right shoulder (mainly from a wrong diagnosis) and felt helpless.....I was then finally referred to Mr Phadnis. I think when we first meet our Consultant we feel a little daunted but Mr Phadnis made me feel I wasn't wasting his time and did his utmost to ease my worries. The diagnosis was a Reverse Shoulder Replacement!!! I had an operation date early March but due to Covid this was cancelled (understandably) but October 30th my day arrived. The care shown as soon as I walked into the hospital was caring, kindness and professional. Mr Phadnis came to see me and explained what was going to take place.........and it did. When I was in recovery Mr Phadnis came over to me to see how I was and said he was pleased with how the op went - that was so thoughtful and reassuring. I am now in my sixth week of recovery and guided by a physio on Zoom, which really works well and each day I do something new. We all admire celebrities who receive awards but believe you me, if I could do this Mr Joideep Phadnis would be my choice. Thank you with all my heart. Just one quick word - Sarah (who was Mr Phadnis secretary at the time) was so helpful and understanding if I needed to speak to her.

9th November 2020

2years ago I had total elbow replacement because of arthritis in my right elbow. This had given me pain & loss of movement over the last 10years. I was admitted to The Montefiore Hospital & Mr Phadnis my consultant did the operation. Two weeks later at follow up consultation Mr Phadnis showed me simple exercises to do & arranged for physio. The fingers on my right hand took awhile to regain their strength but Mr Phadnis assured me there was no damage to the Ulnar Nerve & with exercise they would soon be normal. I am happy to say I can now do most household jobs cooking, chop veg, light gardening, driving & playing the keyboard without any trouble. I am so thankful to Mr Phadnis & his team for giving me the use of my arm back at the age of 82. Thank you Mrs Olwen Reed

9th November 2020

I originally met Joideep in 2019 after 2 decades of explaining my situation to various medical professionals. Joideep listened. First and foremost he listened, he confirmed back to me that he had understood my symptoms and he believed me. He made clear and concise suggestions based on his medical knowledge and communicated those to me with the pros and cons and realistically my prognosis. I was never disillusioned and fully understood. The operation that Joideep suggested in reconstructing my shoulder was one rarely visited and the success data he held was minimal. I went ahead fully trusting his knowledge and belief in himself and his abilities. It was without doubt, categorically the best decision made. I followed his after care to the letter and way exceeded all expectations that I had and that Joideep had for me. I understand that this elective surgery and I am truly blessed to have been in a position to obtain that with ease and without arguing with powers that be. If I can assist anyone in similar shoes but singing my praises for this man, his exquisite mind and confidence in his chosen field then it would be my pleasure to shout it from every rooftop. I am more than happy to trust his judgment and am living proof that I now have a complete life, and able to undergo normal activities and best of all I am pain free - everything he suggested was worth every doubt or fear I may have had.

Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon Specialist Shoulder & Elbow Surgeon