cameron-hatrick

Mr N Cameron Hatrick

Written by a NHS patient at The Montefiore Hospital
23rd February 2021

I received excellent care from Mr Hatrick when I had a full shoulder replacement at the Montefiore hospital, The whole procedure was explained to me before the operation and have received good after care.

Written by a NHS patient at Royal Sussex County Hospital
6th February 2021

Approachable, positive, caring manner. Responded fully to questions. Two successful operations - shoulder joint replacement and subsequent muscle transplant. (Visited out-of-hours on two separate occasions to ensure I was comfortable - most reassuring), RSCH & Princess Royal Kidney Dialysis- Sussex Kidney Unit RSCH

Written by a NHS patient at Royal Sussex County Hospital
5th February 2021

Mr Hatrick explained all possible risks and rewards with my surgery. He was expert in his consultation and made me feel confident in his abilities. During his consultation he offered me sound advice on how I could change my lifestyle to help with a full and speedy recovery. On the day of surgery he and his team were reassuring, Their professionalism and dedication to surgical procedure's meant I entered the theatre with the knowledge I could not be in better hands. After the surgery Mr Hatrick was happy with procedure and result and explained all I needed to do to help with my recovery. Three months after operation my strength is 95% back to before injury and all pain is now gone. I'm certain that soon it will be 100%. After two years of constant pain which meant the the work I do left me often in agony and the physical type of job I have, to be free of pain is something I find hard to explain. Mr Hatrick has given me back freedom from constant pain, mobility, strength, sleep and the ability to do my job and carry out my hobbies. I recommend him as highly as possible and I was fortunate he was my surgeon. Thank you so much for giving me my future.

Written by a patient at Victoria Hospital
15th January 2021

Mr Hatrick is a very polite and explanatory doctor, he takes time to explain everything through and also gives time to listen to any points or concerns, this made me feel very relaxed about the whole process, before during and after. just keep doing what you are doing as it works well.

Written by a patient at The Montefiore Hospital
6th January 2021

Very professional. Clearly explained procedures and clearly explained risks and possible outcomes. Very thorough! I had a great procedure for a torn rotator cuff and am now free of pain and able to sleep at night. I am extremely happy about this and very grateful.

Mr N Cameron Hatrick was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Cameron Hatrick trained at Clare College, Cambridge and St. Thomas’ Hospital, London qualifying in 1990. He underwent Basic Surgical Training on the St Bartholomew’s rotation, London and then specialised in Orthopaedics on the South East Thames Orthopaedic rotation. He undertook two fellowships in Sydney, Australia, sub-speacialising in shoulder and hand surgery. The first fellowship was with Professor Michael Tonkin in the Department of Hand Surgery and Peripheral Nerve Surgery at the Royal North Shore Hospital. The second fellowship was with Professor David Sonnabend in the Department of Orthopaedics, Prince of Wales Hospital and also with Professor William Walsh in the Orthopaedic Research Laboratories in the same hospital. In November 1999 he was awarded the Walter Mercer Gold Medal and the Arthur Edward Burton Memorial Prize for his performance in the Intercollegiate Specialty Examination in Orthopaedic Surgery. The following year he was nominated as the British Orthopaedic Association ‘Young Ambassador’ to the Hong Kong Orthopaedic Association at their annual congress. In 2001 he was appointed as a consultant orthopaedic surgeon at the Royal Sussex County Hospital, now the Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust (BSUH). He has developed a successful multi-disciplinary, ‘one-stop’ shoulder clinic based in Lewes Victoria Hospital with an on-site radiology colleague undertaking investigations as required and advanced physiotherapy practitioners reviewing patients alongside him in the clinic. He was the lead orthopaedic surgeon for the Sussex Orthopaedic Treatment Centre from its opening in June 2006 until September 2009. From September 2009 until February 2013 he was the lead orthopaedic consultant for BSUH NHS Trust. He was a member of council for the British Elbow and Shoulder Society (BESS) from 2015-2018. He is currently Medical Director of The Montefiore Hospital in Hove. His practice covers the full range of arthroscopic and open shoulder surgery, including ASAD, arthroscopic and open shoulder stabilisation, SLAP repair, arthroscopic rotator cuff repair, shoulder replacement (anatomical and reverse) and fixation of upper limb fractures. Teaching and Training is a particular interest of his. He is a faculty member of the Watanabe Club, which runs regular shoulder arthroscopy courses around the UK introducing surgeons to arthroscopic shoulder surgery and teaching advanced techniques to established surgeons. He has lectured at international meetings and lectures regularly at Brighton and Sussex Medical School and on the South East Thames Orthopaedic Rotation. He has set up and runs a regular open surgical skills course and, in 2005, he was appointed a Visiting Fellow at the Brighton University Faculty of Health in recognition of his contribution to post-graduate teaching. He is also a member of the British Orthopaedic Association (BOA) and the British Elbow and Shoulder Society (BESS). Cameron is married with three children (all now in their 20's) and enjoys playing tennis (unfortunately being beaten easily by his son!), cycling, skiing, hiking on the Downs/ in the Lakes/ Snowdonia, sailing and windsurfing (fair-weather only nowadays!). He can be contacted at BSUH on 01273 400486 ext’n 7849, at Lewes Victoria Hospital on 01273 474153 (secretary Glynis Mockett) or at the Montefiore Hospital in Hove on 01273 828095 (secretary Angela Crosskey), email cameron.hatrick@springgroup.org

Short link to review Mr N Cameron Hatrick: http://iwgc.net/ecoks