Mr Aruna Munasinghe

Consultant General Surgeon with a special interest in Upper GI, Bariatric and Minimally Invasive Surgery

10th January 2020

I would like to say a massive thank you to MR MUNASINGHE for all he has done for me, MR MUNASINGHE went above and beyond his duty of care to me he was very clear about the surgery that i was about to under take 25/11/19 not using words that only a doctor would under stand he made me so relaxed about it all , i would trust him with any of my family mebers including my kids. MR MUNASINGHE has changed my life once again thank you.

31st December 2019

I cannot recommend Dr Munasinghe enough. He is a very knowledgeable, fantastic, caring, kind and funny gentleman and Surgeon. From my first meeting with Dr Munasinghe I was put at ease. From deciding which surgery is best for me. He made sure I was 100% sure that surgery was for me. Ensuring I understood each step, the risks, side effects and aftercare. On the day of my surgery (12.11.19), when I was at my most vulnerable Dr Munasinghe made me feel comfortable, and went above and beyond to ease these nerves. In the 7 weeks since surgery I can honestly say that my life has been changed for the better and I owe it to this man and his impeccable skills. I do not feel as though I have had surgery. I have had no pain from the moment I left. When I came out of surgery he came to check on me and reassured me that the surgery went well and was a success. He then came to check on me the next morning. I have never felt more safe to leave my life in anyone else's hands. Dr Munasinghe is the best in the business. I cannot thank him enough. :)

Written by a member of staff at Luton and Dunstable Hospital
24th December 2019

Aruna is professional and a team player. He is liked by both patient and staff members. He has excellent interpersonal skills, and this certainly shows both at MDT and on one to one basis. He is very responsive and tried his best to help. It is a pleasure to work with Aruna.

18th December 2019

This great man and his surgical team changed my life for the best I was just over 22stone I had the Gastric Bypass and now weigh 13 st10 pound the aftercare and support has been fantastic and whenever I had a problem Mr Munasingie was there to help and support Thank You Mr Munasingie a true Gentleman

27th November 2019

Mr Munasinghe performed my sleeve bariatric surgery in July, 2019 and I am indebted to him for his excellent skills, as well as outstanding dedication and care. I feel so incredibly grateful and blessed that he is my consultant. Allow to me to highlight a few reasons for my gratitude: • In post-surgery consultations, he broke down my fear and any barriers to success by providing detailed information to ensure that I understood my choices of bariatric procedures and the risks and side effects of drugs associated with surgery. He also made recommendations for eating and levels of activity to ensure a good recovery after surgery; • In scheduling the date of surgery, he took into consideration the level of support that I would need at home; • He was there when I woke up after recovery to reassure me that everything went well and checked in on me on the ward when his schedule permitted; • I had first-class care from a team of professional and dedicated nurses post the surgery because of the ward where I was placed; • In post-surgery consultations, Mr Munasinghe has been incredibly empathetic, patient and thorough, taking time to inform and reassure. Because of this dedication, I have complete confidence that he would help me to overcome anything that might cause me concern. I cannot recommend Mr Munasinghe more highly.

Short link to review Mr Aruna Munasinghe: http://iwgc.net/egb8o