Mr Periyathambi Jambulingam

Mr Jambulingam is a Consultant Surgeon with a special interest in Upper GI / laparoscopic & weight loss surgery at the Luton and Dunstable University Hospital NHS Trust. He completed his higher surgical training in the West Midlands, at University Hospitals in North Staffordshire, Coventry & Warwickshire and Birmingham. His practice is based in Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire and has been practising surgery since 1995. He uses current surgical evidence in delivering excellence in surgical care with major emphasis in minimally invasive surgery. He delivers upper GI cancer services and bariatric surgical service in a multidisciplinary setting providing the best care for his patients.

11th May 2018
Written by a patient at Luton and Dunstable Hospital

Mr Jambulingham was nothing but a kind caring man, he looked after me very well. My surgery has changed my life, the after care i receive was also excellent. I am so grateful to the NHS and Mr Jambulingham a real gentleman many thanks.

27th April 2018
Written by a patient at Luton and Dunstable Hospital

It is now a year to the day since Mr Jambulingam carried out a Roux En Y (stomach By Pass) on myself at Luton General. I have waited to see how I am! At the age of 70 (now 73) I decided to see if I could have surgery having been overweight since 11. I was diabetic and had a BMI over 35, had bad reflux with everyday becoming more difficult, and managed to persuade my GP to refer me to Luton. I was accepted and attended regularly from Kettering to Luton (about a dozen times) and did all I was told including drinking milk/soup and jellies for a 4 week and two week period and eventually saw Mr Jambulingam. I started off at just under 20 stones and by this time was 18 or so. I am now 14st 13lbs a year on. I have nothing but the highest praise for Mr Jambulingam and also his team he leads who all made me feel welcome and at ease. My reflux has totally gone, diabetes well in remission and off tablets, and it has made me a new person with more energy and confidence. my weight after the fast initial loss is pretty static and I am happy where it stays. To Mr Jambulingam and your team I cannot thank you enough! You are all very professional in what is becoming a world problem!

16th April 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

I was referred to Mr Periyathambi Jambulingam by my GP for a consultation, he confirmed I required surgery. His kind professional manner made my hospital visit easier. His kindness and openness re any questions I had prior to surgery and subsequent follow up consultation re recovery, ensured the whole process and procedure was a success.

13th April 2018
Written by a patient at Luton and Dunstable Hospital

I found him very approachable, kind, caring and straightforward. We discussed all my concerns and he explained the operation fully and completely. He was polite, respectful and injected humour when it was needed. My operation was very stress free and went completely according to plan. Regarding my aftercare, again he was kind, encouraging and supportive. I would have no hesitation in recommending Mr. Jambulingam to anyone considering undergoing bariatric surgery.

26th March 2018
Written by a patient at Luton and Dunstable Hospital

Mr Jambulingam has changed my life. He explained everything so clearly and tested my understanding. He was kind and caring but very professional and ensured I was aware of what was required of me. The surgery was straightforward and the pre and post operative care excellent. I really felt that he listened to me and that he made sure I really understood what was going to happen and the implications. He did not just assume that I knew all about it. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

Nearest Oncologists