Mr Periyathambi Jambulingam

Mr Jambulingam is a Consultant Surgeon with a special interest in Upper GI / laparoscopic & weight loss surgery at the Luton and Dunstable University Hospital NHS Trust. He completed his higher surgical training in the West Midlands, at University Hospitals in North Staffordshire, Coventry & Warwickshire and Birmingham. His practice is based in Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire and has been practising surgery since 1995. He uses current surgical evidence in delivering excellence in surgical care with major emphasis in minimally invasive surgery. He delivers upper GI cancer services and bariatric surgical service in a multidisciplinary setting providing the best care for his patients.

26th November 2016
Written by a patient at Luton and Dunstable Hospital

I was an emergency admission and had a major bowel operation,so met Mr Jambulingam post operatively two years ago. He has great bedside manner gives you time to ask questions regarding your operation,will explain all he has done in laymans terms which is great for the patiient. Two weeks ago I was discharged from his outpatience clinic. His manner does not in clinic, you feel totally at ease. A gentleman. Thank you,

24th November 2016
Written by a patient at Luton and Dunstable Hospital

I had my first consultation with Mr Jambulingam five years ago. He was very attentive and listened carefully whilst I explained my symptoms. After examination he suggested that I have an endoscopy which was performed by himself at a later appointment. He told me I had a very large hiatus hernia and recommended that I have surgery as soon as possible. He explained in full the procedure and was very reassuring. I cannot recommend Mr Jambulingam more highly In my experience/opinion and follow ups. I feel very fortunate to have had him as my consultant. Two years previously to my meeting him I was back and forth to my GP in pain and discomfort to no avail but once I had seen Mr Jambulingam my symptoms were soon diagnosed and sorted. I cannot suggest in any way how he could improve on greater care.

23rd November 2016

31st October 2016
Written by a patient at Luton and Dunstable Hospital

This doctor has an excellent caring and sympathetic demeanour. He has a very gentle manner and gives an air of confidence even if the diagnosis is not favourable. He explains all the aspects of the surgery you are to undergo. He puts you at ease as soon as you enter the consulting room due to his calm and gentle nature. My wife and I are always reassured by his caring manner.

21st September 2016
Written by a patient at Luton and Dunstable Hospital

Diagnosed 4 years ago and operated on in December 2012. The total care and consideration shown pre-op, during my short confinement and post-op have been of the highest order. My sincere thanks to Mr Jambulingam, specialist nurses Heather & Wendy and all other staff. Richard Dench

Nearest Oncologists