mr-periyathambi-jambulingam

15th September 2020

At my first meeting with Mr Jambulingam to discuss the possible treatment of my most painful condition I gained the confidence of his experience to carry out the recommended procedure and was impressed by his understanding of the urgency I felt of the need to get this rapidly done. In fact he achieved this with my operation in less than 3 weeks from our meeting. I was extremely happy with his team at the operation and aftercare and have no hesitation in saying that there was nothing that could have given me greater care or confidence

31st July 2020

after a 3 year process of stomach problems, a hernia and countess admissions i was supported by dr j through my weight loss journey and received a hernia repair, with stitches as requested by me as i did not want mesh, a full gastric bypass i had some difficulties in recovery with pain and he was very supportive and made me feel valued and that i mattered, i even gave up smoking after 23 years. my life has changed and it all began and ended at the L&D hospital with dr jambalingam

4th March 2020

I have had excellent care from Mr Jambulingam, I had very little pain after my operation. Mr Jambulingam was unfailingly kind and professional, he was patient when there was a delay in my decision to go ahead with the operation, due to a change in family circumstances. I would happily recommend him to my family an friends.

Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital
10th January 2020

Mr Jambulingham was efficient, helpful and considerate providing a very high level of care.

Written by a patient at Spire Bushey Hospital
6th January 2020

During my consultation with Mr Jambulingam I described how I had been overweight for much of my life, tried numerous diets with varying degrees of success and was keen to try the ‘Elipse’ balloon. Mr Jambulingam listened carefully and then outlined carefully, my options . Upon hearing them, I asked for the least invasive, an ‘Elipse’ balloon to be fitted. He agreed to this and the balloon was fitted about 5 weeks later. I lost two and a half stone during the 16 weeks the balloon was in place. As my weight dropped, my blood pressure came down, my self esteem rose and I became happier and more confident. At the beginning of December I asked Mr Jambulingam if I could have another balloon fitted , as I am no longer obese, but I am still 2 stone overweight, he agreed to this. Throughout the consultations, I found Mr Jambulingam to be highly professional, informative, caring and an excellent listener. I have no hesitation in recommending him as an excellent consultant.

Mr Periyathambi Jambulingam was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

Mr Jambulingam is a Consultant Surgeon with a special interest in Upper GI / laparoscopic & weight loss surgery at the Luton and Dunstable University Hospital NHS Trust. He completed his higher surgical training in the West Midlands, at University Hospitals in North Staffordshire, Coventry & Warwickshire and Birmingham. His practice is based in Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire and has been practising surgery since 1995. He uses current surgical evidence in delivering excellence in surgical care with major emphasis in minimally invasive surgery. He delivers upper GI cancer services and bariatric surgical service in a multidisciplinary setting providing the best care for his patients.

Nearest Oncologists