Mr Periyathambi Jambulingam

Mr Jambulingam is a Consultant Surgeon with a special interest in Upper GI / laparoscopic & weight loss surgery at the Luton and Dunstable University Hospital NHS Trust. He completed his higher surgical training in the West Midlands, at University Hospitals in North Staffordshire, Coventry & Warwickshire and Birmingham. His practice is based in Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire and has been practising surgery since 1995. He uses current surgical evidence in delivering excellence in surgical care with major emphasis in minimally invasive surgery. He delivers upper GI cancer services and bariatric surgical service in a multidisciplinary setting providing the best care for his patients.

22nd April 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

Mr Jambulingam stepped in at short notice when I was let down by my surgeon for gall bladder removal. I am very grateful to him as this enabled me to carry on with a holiday that had already been planned. The surgery went very well and I made a very quick recovery. I was advised to have an additional procedure to eliminate any complications. Mr Jambulingham is a very thorough surgeon who I would recommend .

18th April 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Bushey Hospital

I do not normally write reviews but I feel I need share my pleasant experience; I have nothing but positive things to say about Mr Jambulingham and could not recommend him enough. I needed a hernia repair and had seen a few doctors (many of them globally reknowned) but none of them gave me the confidence to allow me to let them do surgery on me. My first consultation was exceptionally thorough and he diagnosed the issue immediately displaying great experience, the other consultants took a few weeks longer. He then offered a few options and explained each one in considerable details - he saw my hesitation yet was still very patient and thorough in his discussion and showed great professionalism and care. On the day of the operation he talked through my concerns again, and even though I know he had to see quite a few patients that day and was tight on time, he still gave me the time till I was comfortable. After the operation I had a few questions and his secretary arranged for Mr Jambulingham to give me a call to discuss thoroughly rather than wait a few weeks before my next face to face meeting with him. Overall, exceptionally pleased with Mr Jambulingham in every aspect of my surgical journey.

15th April 2019
Written by a patient at Luton and Dunstable Hospital

Went in today 15/04/19 for a post-op follow up. The Doctor was extremely pleasant, and helpful.

11th April 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

Mr J was very reassuring and I’m a nervous patient. He explained everything and answered my millions of questionsz

21st February 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

I had a laparoscopic repair on a hernia carried out by Mr Jambulingham at Spire, Harpenden in late January 2019. Had a final discharge meeting with Mr Jambulingham last night and certainly the operation seems to have been totally successful . The procedure( and potential risks) were well explained, the operation carried out just as planned, and I was pleasantly surprised at the limited post operative pain. Additionally I would add that when a few medical matters needed clarification in the waiting period I found that communication with Mr Jambulingham via his efficient secretary was not difficult and responses were quick.I would recommend Mr Jambulingham.

Nearest Oncologists