mr-shashank-gurjar

25th September 2020

Mr Gurjar takes great care to listen, invite questions and explain thoroughly, giving as much time as is required. His bedside manner is perfect with just a hint of humour he truly treats patients as individuals.

Written by a patient at One Hatfield Hospital
23rd September 2020

Mr Gurjar was open and welcoming making me feel at ease as soon as I met him. He listened attentively to my issues, completed the assessment and then explained the reasoning for the condition. He clearly explained the options and next steps.

Written by a patient at BMI The Clementine Churchill Hospital
19th September 2020

Luckily I am someone who has always had good health so to be honest I was quiet nervous at the prospect of having to undergo any procedure. I had a telephone consultation with Mr.Gurjar ( due to Covid 19) Mr.Gurjar was very easy to talk to with a real warmth and a manner that instantly puts one at ease. He kept me well informed what the procedure would involve and throughout I felt well cared for and most importantly in good, professional hands. I feel he & his lovely team are a real credit to the medical profession. A huge thank you for the human, professional way I was dealt with.

8th September 2020

The doctor was very punctual, examined me thoroughly and then answered all my questions.

2nd September 2020

He was polite, made me feel comfortable and did not talk down to me. Straight to the point with no excess waffle. He made me aware of the risks but not in an alarming manner, Although I do no relish having to have an operation I am glad that he will be performing it.

Mr Shashank Gurjar is a consultant general & colorectal surgeon specialising in laparoscopic (keyhole) & open surgery for bowel cancer (colon & rectum), IBD (Crohn's disease & ulcerative colitis) and surgical treatment of diverticular disease. He offers specialist expertise in laparoscopic groin (inguinal, femoral) and all abdominal wall hernia surgery. He manages all common coloproctology including haemorrhoid surgery (THD and Rafaelo), fistula surgery, pilonidal sinus and anal fissure treatments. He is an accredited endoscopist with expertise in colonoscopy and polypectomy. Mr Gurjar qualified as a doctor from Imperial College London in 1997, and then completed his basic surgical training at King's College. He completed specialist training in colorectal surgery in the South East Thames region and gained the FRCS degree in 2009. He has completed a senior post-CCT fellowship in pelvic floor surgery at John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford which gave him expert training in the management of rectal prolapse and evacuatory disorders. He has an active research interest in clinical surgery and pelvic floor dysfunction and has published various papers in peer-reviewed journals. He is an examiner for the General Medical Council and actively trains young surgeons in laparoscopic keyhole surgery, as well as teaching medical students. Mr Gurjar ensures all his patients have a high quality, evidence-based approach to their care. He holds a substantive NHS consultant post at Luton & Dunstable Hospital, and also holds practising privileges at several independent hospitals in North London and Hertfordshire.