mr-shashank-gurjar

Written by a patient at BMI Bishops Wood Hospital
23rd May 2020

Mr Gurjar recently operated to repair my umbilical hernia. He explained the procedure and the pros and cons of each technique - open vs keyhole surgery. In my case traditional open surgery was recommended. Scarring was one of my concerns, but Mr Gurjar was able to make a small incision inside the upper area of my navel so I have no visible scar on my stomach. I’m extremely pleased with the end result. I made a quick recovery with minimal pain. Mr Gurjar is very knowledgeable in his field and is happy to answer questions.... I had many!

Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital
18th May 2020

Doctor seemed knowledgeable. Made me comfortable as a patient.

Written by a patient at One Hatfield Hospital
18th May 2020

Understood my symptoms and very knowledgeable about the treatment options. Gave me good advice to follow on the lead up to my proposed operation. Felt very relaxed and calm once the call had ended, think I’m in safe hands. Thank you

Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital
15th May 2020

This was my first time using video link to consult medical help. The consultant Mr Gurjah was extremely considerate and set me at ease to discuss my medical needs. Judging by my experience Inam unablento offer any further constructive suggestions to give greater care.

Written by a patient at BMI Bishops Wood Hospital
28th April 2020

Dr Gurjar carried out two colonoscopies on two separate occasions removing 10+ polyps. He then carried out a THD procedure to rectify my hemorrhoids. This was a much less intrusive procedure than a hemorrhoidectomy and was recommended by Dr Gurjar. Follow up care was good and on an occasion when I had concerns and unable to see a GP easily due to covid19 Dr Gurjar replied to my email and contacted me by telephone on the same day to talk about my concerns.

Mr Shashank Gurjar is a consultant general & colorectal surgeon specialising in laparoscopic (keyhole) & open surgery for bowel cancer (colon & rectum), IBD (Crohn's disease & ulcerative colitis) and surgical treatment of diverticular disease. He offers specialist expertise in laparoscopic groin (inguinal, femoral) and all abdominal wall hernia surgery. He manages all common coloproctology including haemorrhoid surgery (THD and Rafaelo), fistula surgery, pilonidal sinus and anal fissure treatments. He is an accredited endoscopist with expertise in colonoscopy and polypectomy. Mr Gurjar qualified as a doctor from Imperial College London in 1997, and then completed his basic surgical training at King's College. He completed specialist training in colorectal surgery in the South East Thames region and gained the FRCS degree in 2009. He has completed a senior post-CCT fellowship in pelvic floor surgery at John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford which gave him expert training in the management of rectal prolapse and evacuatory disorders. He has an active research interest in clinical surgery and pelvic floor dysfunction and has published various papers in peer-reviewed journals. He is an examiner for the General Medical Council and actively trains young surgeons in laparoscopic keyhole surgery, as well as teaching medical students. Mr Gurjar ensures all his patients have a high quality, evidence-based approach to their care. He holds a substantive NHS consultant post at Luton & Dunstable Hospital, and also holds practising privileges at several independent hospitals in North London and Hertfordshire.

Short link to review Mr Shashank Gurjar: http://iwgc.net/ethr