Mr Andrew Goldberg OBE

Mr Andrew Goldberg specialises solely in foot and ankle conditions. He works in a multidisciplinary setting including podiatrists, physiotherapists, pilates instructors and orthotists. His practice is entirely focused on listening to patients' needs and he believes strongly in outcomes-based treatments. He qualified at St Mary’s Hospital Medical School (Imperial College) in 1994. His specialist training was on the North East Thames rotation in trauma and orthopaedics with a specialist fellowship in complex foot and ankle disorders at the Oxford Nuffield Orthopaedic Hospital with Mr Paul Cooke. Prior to this, he also spent a year on a travelling fellowship to 15 centres of excellence across the US and Europe. Mr Goldberg became an orthopaedic consultant in 2009 and spent a year in Northampton before moving to the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust in April 2010, where he has a joint appointment with UCL as a Clinical Senior Lecturer. He is highly published and has written several best-selling text books. In the 2011 Queen's New Year Honours List, he was awarded an OBE for services to medicine. He runs a pioneering research program exploring regenerative treatments including cartilage repair, stem cells in achilles tendinopathy and a national trial comparing ankle replacements against ankle fusion. He was also responsible for the creation of the National Joint Registry for Ankle Replacements.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

26th February 2017
Written by a patient at The Wellington Hospital

My daughter had suffered a foot injury to which our local hospital x rayed her foot and we were told it was badly bruised and to rest it. Unfortunately my daughter got worse and we were refered to Mr Goldberg. He has an amazing bed side manner towards the parent and the child. He sent us for an MRI to which he sadly broke the news that my daughter had Brocken her foot in several places. His care was second to none and has the world of patience and with a young child this goes a long way. With thanks to his care and support my daughter is finally out of her aircast boot and soon will resume To her normal sporting activities.

30th July 2015
Written by a patient at The Wellington Hospital

Mr Goldberg is an exceptional surgeon. I had seen three surgeons and had four operations on my ankle and had lost confidence that my problem could be sorted. I was recommended to see Mr Goldberg for a second opinion and I went to see him at the Wellington Hospital in London. He was listed as being the Country's leading ankle specialist. He spent more than 30 minutes with me and listened to what I had to say and was very caring. He picked up issues that none of the first three surgeons had managed to do and recommended a combination of surgery and specialised physiotherapy. My leg wasn't swollen after his surgery like the others and I was in no pain. He spent a lot of time helping me to understand that I was part of my own recovery and with the help of his physio (Tony Betts) I am now pain free and back to playing golf, for the first time in 5 years. Thank you thank you thank you

23rd January 2015
Written by a patient at The Wellington Hospital

Dr Goldberg is probably the leading specialist in the UK for ankle replacements. I broke my ankle is 1995 and in 2002 had surgery in Luton. The surgery went wrong and after three further operations I begged my GP to send me to Dr Goldberg for a second opinion. Thank God that I did because he is the first doctor I have met that listened to me. I was reassured at his professionalism and immediate grasp of my problems. He operated and gave me a new ankle replacement and for the first time in 20 years I am walking pain free and even swimming and doing gardening. He is gentle, caring and has a great bedside manner but most important is that he has made me better.

15th November 2014
Written by a patient at Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital

My daughter and I both suffer with multiple epiphyseal dysplasia, osteoarthritis. Due to our condition we have irregular growth plates and very little cartilidge between our joints. We both suffer with pain 24/7 and from the age of seven I suffered chronic pain in my ankles, and got told there was nothing they could do. Anyway, after suffering and trying to cope I couldnt bear the agony of my feet touching the floor and asked to be referred to an ankle surgeon at Stanmore orthopaedic hospital as I am already under other surgeons care there and know first hand of their excellence. The moment I met Mr Goldberg, I knew he was going to be great. Mr goldberg took as much to!e talking with my family and I that I would spend talking with a friend. Every last detail was explained so we all understood, and I never felt belittled or frustrated, because you knew he cared about you as a person and you knew he had a heart of compassion for you. His passion for wanting to help you out of this pain shows throughout the journey. I had a triple ankle fusion. I cannot describe how it felt to be pain free after 45 years of pain. All I know that its with a grateful heart my family and I are blessed to be under his care and his team. My daughter is also his patient and Mr Goldberg is doing his best to help her without invasive surgery at the moment as she is young but she knows that he is there for her and that's what counts. Nothing is too much trouble. Living with our condition and knowing that Mr Goldberg is a kind generous man who is professional yet human is reassuring, because you are in the best hands possible, and you would have to go along way to find, someone who cares about you outside of your family and friends, in the medical field.

6th April 2014
Written by a patient at The Wellington Hospital

In 1979 I had a car accident and nearly lost my leg. Luckily the doctors took a chance on me and saved my leg but I developed severe arthritis of my left foot and for ten years I was in agony. I saw more than six different doctors and had several procedures for spurs and ligament problems, but continued to limp. I had to give up my job and finally the surgeon (who I will not mention as I have a complaint against him) fused my ankle in 2011. Two years afterwards, I still couldn't walk and was not able to work and life was miserable. My GP suggested that I see Doctor Goldberg and so I went there but to be fair I wasn't expecting much. I was wrong. He spent more than an hour with me, going over all my old records and X-rays. For the first time ever, I experienced what it was like to have a doctor that cared about what I said. Not only did he listen but he was an expert and I felt very reassured. He operated on me last year and I have never looked back. I am now back at work and even on the golf course. He has given me my life back and I just wish I had seen him years before.

Short link to review Mr Andrew Goldberg OBE: http://iwgc.net/eesvn