Mr Andrew Goldberg OBE

Mr Andrew Goldberg specialises solely in foot and ankle conditions. He works in a multidisciplinary setting including podiatrists, physiotherapists, pilates instructors and orthotists. His practice is entirely focused on listening to patients' needs and he believes strongly in outcomes-based treatments. He qualified at St Mary’s Hospital Medical School (Imperial College) in 1994. His specialist training was on the North East Thames rotation in trauma and orthopaedics with a specialist fellowship in complex foot and ankle disorders at the Oxford Nuffield Orthopaedic Hospital with Mr Paul Cooke. Prior to this, he also spent a year on a travelling fellowship to 15 centres of excellence across the US and Europe. Mr Goldberg became an orthopaedic consultant in 2009 and spent a year in Northampton before moving to the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust in April 2010, where he has a joint appointment with UCL as a Clinical Senior Lecturer. He is highly published and has written several best-selling text books. In the 2011 Queen's New Year Honours List, he was awarded an OBE for services to medicine. He runs a pioneering research program exploring regenerative treatments including cartilage repair, stem cells in achilles tendinopathy and a national trial comparing ankle replacements against ankle fusion. He was also responsible for the creation of the National Joint Registry for Ankle Replacements.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery
  • Sports and exercise medicine

« 1 2 3 4 »

1st August 2019
Written by a patient at The Wellington Hospital

I asked Mr Andrew Goldberg to be my Consultant after I ruptured my achilles tendon playing netball. I conducted a lot of reserach online looking for Specialists to carry out the achilles repair surgery and eventually I decided upon Mr Goldberg. 5 months on from the rupture, with a successful procedure and an excellent piece of work on his part both with the rupture repair and the small scar on my foot I am really pleased that I did choose him. I found Mr Goldberg to be warm, friendly and professional. I was confident in his knowledge as he was always willing and able to expalin each stage of the process to me which I found very reassuring. He continued to monitor my progress through to rehabilitation and discharged me when were both happy on the level of progress attained. If you are seeking an expert in the field I would definitely recommend Mr Goldberg

21st May 2019
Written by a patient at Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital

I cannot thank Mr Goldberg and his team enough. I am 15 months post op from a Total Ankle Replacement (TAR). This surgery has given me my life back. I had previously broken my ankle and had over 7 years, 8x surgeries. Including 2x fusions, nothing had worked and the excruciating constant pain was impacting hugely on all aspects of my life. Before being referred to Mr Goldberg, I had been told twice that amputation was the only option. Mr Goldberg took a full history, took time to listen and understand the holistic nature of the impact the injury was having on mine and my family’s life. He recommended a TAR but was concerned that as I was ‘too young’ it may not be possible for various reasons. After many discussions the surgery was agreed and then performed. The recovery went exceptionally well and I made sure to follow the post op advice. After years of constant pain, being unable to exercise, unable to walk my dog or horse ride and taking morphine.... I am now totally off morphine, I walk my dog daily, up to 17k (our current record). Horse ride 3-4x a week, swim 50 lengths at least twice a week and have lost 3 stone in weight. More importantly I can socialise, I can go for walks with friends, I don’t have to worry about steps, stairs or uneven surfaces. Thank you to this incredible surgeon and his team seems wholly inadequate.

7th December 2018
Written by a patient at Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital

I can only describe Mr Goldberg as a complete gentleman and one of the most caring and compassionate surgeons I have encountered. My surgery on the right big toe had post op complications but he went out of his way to care for me. He came to see me daily following my re admission, in his lunch breaks. Even changing my dressings himself. The care and compassion you rarely see in consultants of his rank. My surgery was a success and I am extremely grateful. A true gentleman and superb surgeon.

2nd October 2018
Written by a patient at Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital

Talar Hemicap: I saw Mr Goldberg after 7 years of ankle pain that had stopped me playing sport, walking barefoot or walking on even surfaces. I'd had earlier debridement surgery to no effect and seen a string of surgeons telling me there was no hope. Then I came across Mr Goldberg. A Talar Hemicap was installed 4 years ago. I'm 49 years old and am starting my 3rd season returning to hockey, a sport I thought I had written off in 2009. Mr Goldberg is genius.

10th August 2018
Written by a patient at The Wellington Hospital

I saw Mr Goldberg as a private patient after having received a rather upsetting diagnosis from another doctor which left me with doom and gloom! He put my mind hugely at rest, having told me that the first diagnosis was in fact quite inaccurate - and that conservative treatment (new insoles) should help matters rather than running straight in with invasive treatments. Huge thanks to Andy from a nervous patient! I would recommend him to others without hesitation.

« 1 2 3 4 »

Nearest Sports and exercise medicine specialists

Short link to review Mr Andrew Goldberg OBE: http://iwgc.net/eesvn