mr-andrew-goldberg-obe

Written by a patient at The Wellington Hospital
24th April 2020

I sprained my ankle but didn’t want to go to hospital because of the Coronovirus issue. I had a video call with Dr Goldberg who felt I had broken my ankle and brought me into the Wellington Hospital where I had an X-ray. He was right but fortunately was able to treat me in a boot and gave me pain killers. I am now mobile again and feel so much better. I would like to thank him and his whole team who are so friendly and helpful and couldn’t do enough for me.

Written by a patient at The Wellington Hospital
1st August 2019

I asked Mr Andrew Goldberg to be my Consultant after I ruptured my achilles tendon playing netball. I conducted a lot of reserach online looking for Specialists to carry out the achilles repair surgery and eventually I decided upon Mr Goldberg. 5 months on from the rupture, with a successful procedure and an excellent piece of work on his part both with the rupture repair and the small scar on my foot I am really pleased that I did choose him. I found Mr Goldberg to be warm, friendly and professional. I was confident in his knowledge as he was always willing and able to expalin each stage of the process to me which I found very reassuring. He continued to monitor my progress through to rehabilitation and discharged me when were both happy on the level of progress attained. If you are seeking an expert in the field I would definitely recommend Mr Goldberg

Mr Andrew Goldberg specialises solely in foot and ankle conditions. He works in a multidisciplinary setting including podiatrists, physiotherapists, pilates instructors and orthotists. His practice is entirely focused on listening to patients' needs and he believes strongly in outcomes-based treatments. He qualified at St Mary’s Hospital Medical School (Imperial College) in 1994. His specialist training was on the North East Thames rotation in trauma and orthopaedics with a specialist fellowship in complex foot and ankle disorders at the Oxford Nuffield Orthopaedic Hospital with Mr Paul Cooke. Prior to this, he also spent a year on a travelling fellowship to 15 centres of excellence across the US and Europe. Mr Goldberg became an orthopaedic consultant in 2009 and spent a year in Northampton before moving to the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust in April 2010, where he has a joint appointment with UCL as a Clinical Senior Lecturer. He is highly published and has written several best-selling text books. In the 2011 Queen's New Year Honours List, he was awarded an OBE for services to medicine. He runs a pioneering research program exploring regenerative treatments including cartilage repair, stem cells in achilles tendinopathy and a national trial comparing ankle replacements against ankle fusion. He was also responsible for the creation of the National Joint Registry for Ankle Replacements.

Nearest Sports and exercise medicine specialists

Short link to review Mr Andrew Goldberg OBE: http://iwgc.net/eesvn