mr-andrew-goldberg-obe

Mr Andrew Goldberg OBE

11th October 2020

Dr Goldberg and his whole team are awesome. I saw Dr Goldberg for a second opinion. His opinion verified what I had been told but his manner was much more friendly and his explanation clearer. I liked the first doctor but sometimes you have to go with your gut and so I let Dr Goldberg do my ankle replacement and am doing amazingly. Sometimes I forget which one I had surgery on and am back playing golf and enjoying life. Thank you thank you.

23rd August 2020

I broke both my heels jumping off a wall in my garden. I was in agony and in so much pain I was crying. I went to the NHS hospital and was told I needed surgery on both ankles. My physiotherapist in Chelsea recommended I seek a second opinion from Mr Goldberg. He organised a scan and told me that I should avoid surgery on the left and have surgery only on my right ankle. I had the surgery in December by Mr Goldberg and am so pleased I did not have surgery on the left ankle as its perfect. The right ankle is still a bit stiff but I jogged 2k yesterday and am really hopeful that I can be back to running properly soon. The first doctor I saw said I would never run again. I am so glad I went to see Mr Goldberg.

24th April 2020

I sprained my ankle but didn’t want to go to hospital because of the Coronovirus issue. I had a video call with Dr Goldberg who felt I had broken my ankle and brought me into the Wellington Hospital where I had an X-ray. He was right but fortunately was able to treat me in a boot and gave me pain killers. I am now mobile again and feel so much better. I would like to thank him and his whole team who are so friendly and helpful and couldn’t do enough for me.

Mr Andrew Goldberg specialises solely in foot and ankle conditions. He works in a multidisciplinary setting including podiatrists, physiotherapists, pilates instructors and orthotists. His practice is entirely focused on listening to patients' needs and he believes strongly in outcomes-based treatments. He qualified at St Mary’s Hospital Medical School (Imperial College) in 1994. His specialist training was on the North East Thames rotation in trauma and orthopaedics with a specialist fellowship in complex foot and ankle disorders at the Oxford Nuffield Orthopaedic Hospital with Mr Paul Cooke. Prior to this, he also spent a year on a travelling fellowship to 15 centres of excellence across the US and Europe. Mr Goldberg became an orthopaedic consultant in 2009 and spent a year in Northampton before moving to the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust in April 2010, where he has a joint appointment with UCL as a Clinical Senior Lecturer. He is highly published and has written several best-selling text books. In the 2011 Queen's New Year Honours List, he was awarded an OBE for services to medicine. He runs a pioneering research program exploring regenerative treatments including cartilage repair, stem cells in achilles tendinopathy and a national trial comparing ankle replacements against ankle fusion. He was also responsible for the creation of the National Joint Registry for Ankle Replacements.

Nearest Sports and exercise medicine specialists

Short link to review Mr Andrew Goldberg OBE: http://iwgc.net/eesvn