professor-adrian-wilson

Professor Adrian Wilson

Written by a carer at The Portland Hospital
18th September 2020

I cannot rate Professor Adrian Wilson highly enough......he completely puts you at ease as soon as you meet with his friendly personality. On top of which he is very patient and takes time to listen to you, then explain everything to you in layman terms in a clear and concise way. He has gone above and beyond to ensure that my 13 year old daughter with a full thickness ACL rupture receives the very best of care and treatment so that she doesn't suffer with life long knee issues. I would not hesitate in recommending Professor Wilson and wish there were more health professionals like him in the world!

23rd August 2020

Having suffered varying degrees of knee pain since meniscus surgery in my early thirties I had reached the point of no return having suddenly found myself unable to bear weight on my left knee. I arrived at my appointment with Prof Wilson devastated by total loss of an active lifestyle and what I thought was the real possibly I would never get it back. Osteotomy felt like a radical solution but one that I was more than willing to embrace. The reality was straightforward with pain and recovery well managed at every stage. I was walking without crutches and travelling for work again so much sooner than anticipated. Plate removal at 12 months after the op has transformed recovery again and I have my life back. Prof Wilson and his team became like a family from the first appointment to sign off, I can't recommend him highly enough.

10th August 2020

I suffered with right knee pain since tearing my ligaments at 18. At 48 my mobility was becoming an issue and preventing me from leading an active lifestyle. I met with Prof Wilson who said he could get me back to where I wanted to be. He performed a High Tibial Osteotomy and ligament reconstruction. The remarkable part of the surgery and recovery was the absences of any pain. I was on my feet in 2 days and walking with a single crutch after 3 weeks. I can now walk happily for 3 hrs or more. I’ve been skiing and back in my bicycle - this was my goal! I can’t thank Prof Wilson and the team enough for their support and putting the spring back in my step. Chapeaux Prof Wilson

10th August 2020

Having had osteotomy on my left leg in January and my right leg 5 weeks later in February 2020, the care and attention to detail exhibited by Professor Wilson and his wider team means I am now 6/7 months post op and the results have more than exceeded my expectations. The pain and discomfort I had for years has now completely gone, my legs are straight once again and I’m able to be fully active both in my physical job and socially; cycling, golfing and back at the gym. The ski slopes are calling once the snow arrives.. I can’t recommend highly enough Orthopaedic Specialists and would encourage anyone with knee issues to seek out Processor Wilson or Mr Raghbir Khakha for a consultation. Don’t be put off if you live miles, it is still worth the journey.

Written by a patient at The Portland Hospital
10th August 2020

Prof. Wilson shared openly and constructively with me his experience with regarding replacement surgery. He was very open about the treatment alternatives facing me and helped ensure that the pre and post operative process, which took place in the midst of the Covid lockdown, was handled very professionally.

Professor Adrian Wilson was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

Globally recognised Knee and Sports Injury Specialist practicing privately in London, Berkshire and Hampshire. Professor Wilson specialises in all aspects of soft tissue and reconstructive knee surgery and has pioneered techniques to improve treatment for sports injuries to the knee. He has developed a number of evidence-based techniques which include new, minimally invasive procedures for knee realignment (osteotomy) and anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) repair. This includes a minimally invasive technique to treat anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries in children that has a fast recovery time and excellent long-term results. Most recently, he has introduced Adipose Tissue Therapy, often used alongside other surgery, which harnesses the body’s own natural repair cells to help reduce pain and increase activity levels for patients with arthritis. Professor Wilson regularly performs live surgery at major meetings and runs surgical training events including The Knee Osteotomy Masterclass, a two-day workshop held annually.

Short link to review Professor Adrian Wilson: http://iwgc.net/ef6h