professor-adrian-wilson

Professor Adrian Wilson

Written by a patient at Queen Anne Street Medical Centre
22nd December 2020

I am a 55 year old man who was suffering from advanced OA in both hips for about 4 years. I am otherwise fit and healthy. I had seen various consultants, all of whom had recommended a double hip replacement but using conventional techniques which was an unattractive option for me. I came across Prof Wilson through his work at The Regenerative Clinic. I found him engaging both for his knowledge (he is widely published and obviously a leader in his field) but mostly for his empathy and understanding of my problem. He listened carefully and his responses hit the mark with me for their level of detail and lack of jargon. Prof Wilson clearly understood my concerns and quickly formulated a plan of action. This plan was carried out by specialist surgeons within a couple of months with an exceptional degree of skill and professionalism. Prof Wilson recommended simultaneous bilateral hip replacement using a minimally invasive procedure. He assembled a team of top orthopaedic surgeons from Orthopaedic Specialists (OS) to carry out the procedure. His admin team made all the necessary arrangements for hospital admission, and recommended postoperative care options. Everything went without a hitch. I am now 3 and a half weeks post operative. I walk without the aid of crutches and my pain levels are very low. In fact, I was taking only Ibuprofen within a week of the operation and currently need no pain relief at all. I have no reason to doubt that I will be back to work, sport and a normal lifestyle before long. I believe my future quality of life has been transformed. If you are considering hip surgery consider this. Get the right advice from the right surgeon. Assemble the very best team you can afford (Yes, it’s expensive, but so is a new car - your new hips will last longer and you will enjoy them more). The minimally invasive procedure recommended by Prof Wilson leaves you with small and manageable scars, and appears (in my case at least) to promote a faster initial recovery. Do your prehab and sign up a good physiotherapist for rehab. Hydrotherapy is great, especially just after your operation. I could not have asked for a more skilled or professional team than Prof Wilson and his colleagues at OS. I recommend him without reservation.

Written by a patient at The Portland Hospital
1st December 2020

I can highly recommend this surgeon. He is superb.

Written by a patient at BMI The Hampshire Clinic
19th November 2020

Aged 75 after suffering many years of pain and limited mobility in my left knee due to Arthritis I consulted Professor Wilson. Following a thorough examination and a clear review of remedial options I proceeded with a total knee replacement and realignment of my left knee. I underwent surgery by Professor Wilson and his excellent team on 6th February 2020 at The London Clinic Harley Street. The operation was carried out most successfully with no appreciable pain or unwanted aftereffects. I could stand and begin walking on the following day. At Professor Wilson's recommendation I subsequently received 2 weeks post-operative care and rehabilitation at The Clavadel with huge benefits from the tailor made physio, hydro therapy and excellent personal care. I was able to walk out using 2 crutches and board and undertake a 3 hour train journey. I cannot speak highly enough of Professor Wilson's expertise and honest approach. I am now pain free with a full range of mobility and movement.

Written by a carer at The Portland Hospital
18th September 2020

I cannot rate Professor Adrian Wilson highly enough......he completely puts you at ease as soon as you meet with his friendly personality. On top of which he is very patient and takes time to listen to you, then explain everything to you in layman terms in a clear and concise way. He has gone above and beyond to ensure that my 13 year old daughter with a full thickness ACL rupture receives the very best of care and treatment so that she doesn't suffer with life long knee issues. I would not hesitate in recommending Professor Wilson and wish there were more health professionals like him in the world!

Written by a patient at Queen Anne Street Medical Centre
23rd August 2020

Having suffered varying degrees of knee pain since meniscus surgery in my early thirties I had reached the point of no return having suddenly found myself unable to bear weight on my left knee. I arrived at my appointment with Prof Wilson devastated by total loss of an active lifestyle and what I thought was the real possibly I would never get it back. Osteotomy felt like a radical solution but one that I was more than willing to embrace. The reality was straightforward with pain and recovery well managed at every stage. I was walking without crutches and travelling for work again so much sooner than anticipated. Plate removal at 12 months after the op has transformed recovery again and I have my life back. Prof Wilson and his team became like a family from the first appointment to sign off, I can't recommend him highly enough.

Globally recognised Knee and Sports Injury Specialist practicing privately in London, Berkshire and Hampshire. Professor Wilson specialises in all aspects of soft tissue and reconstructive knee surgery and has pioneered techniques to improve treatment for sports injuries to the knee. He has developed a number of evidence-based techniques which include new, minimally invasive procedures for knee realignment (osteotomy) and anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) repair. This includes a minimally invasive technique to treat anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries in children that has a fast recovery time and excellent long-term results. Most recently, he has introduced Adipose Tissue Therapy, often used alongside other surgery, which harnesses the body’s own natural repair cells to help reduce pain and increase activity levels for patients with arthritis. Professor Wilson regularly performs live surgery at major meetings and runs surgical training events including The Knee Osteotomy Masterclass, a two-day workshop held annually.

Short link to review Professor Adrian Wilson: http://iwgc.net/ef6h