Mr Benjamin Taylor

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery
  • Neurosurgery

13th September 2017
Written by a patient at The Wellington Hospital

Dr Ben Taylor is a very good back surgeon who has helped my mother before but when I tried to see him through BUPA I was told he was not on their books. I have had this problem before with another expert and also told he was not on BUPAs books. They told me he was not recognised, which worried me a bit, but I still went to see him as he looked after my mother so well. It appears that BUPA do not recognise many of the UK top specialists which is not something they tell you when you first sign up with them and I think they may have misled me or mis-sold me my policy. My husband works for a large pharmaceutical company and is reviewing his company's corporate policy with BUPA because they do not cover so many good experts. In fact it appears they only recognise cheap doctors which makes it hard for me to justify staying with them. With regards Dr Taylor, he was kind, caring and listened to me well. I had to pay a lot of money for my appointment but I think it was worth it as he gave me good advice. The only downside is that thanks to BUPA I now have to find another surgeon to carry out my operation which is ridiculous. Dr Taylor is excellent, but my insurer are awful.

Nearest Neurosurgeons