The Portland Hospital

205-209 Great Portland Street, London, England, W1W 5AH

13th August 2021

I recommend you do your research before staying at Portland Hospital & Harley street clinic. I have experienced so many life treating errors & medical negligence I am blessed and lucky to have escaped serious happen. All my bad experience has been raised to management & CEO but 4 months on still waiting for the outcome of the investigation report which has been postponed 4 times. My hope is that the errors I faced doesn't happen to another patient.Thanks

21st May 2021

Our recent experience visiting The Portland Hospital for our eighteen-month-old sons’ surgery was excellent. We felt safe and guided at every stage. The staff were caring and empathic towards both myself and my son. I am pregnant and they made sure I was well looked after at the same time as taking exemplary care of my son. Before the planned date of surgery I received calls from the preadmissions team explaining everything we needed to do and what to expect thoroughly. I found this very reassuring at a time when we were anxious about the upcoming surgery and the nurses on the phone were kind and professional at all times. Pip our dedicated nurse and Lauren our play therapist were amazing. They listened carefully to me to understand what our needs and preferences were. The catering staff and porters were also brilliant with both my son and I, making sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed. When my son was recovering from surgery and sleeping, the man from catering who brought our food to our room was so concerned that it would get cold before he woke up. He offered to come back and warm it if it was cold when he wanted it. As it happened, he woke shortly after that, so we did not need him to warm the food in the end. We received a call from our nurse Pip two days after surgery to find out how we were doing, this was a lovely personal touch that we greatly appreciated. We would not hesitate to come back to The Portland Hospital if the need should arise.

5th May 2021

Staff friendly, helpful and professional. Hospital very clean.

Written by a NHS patient
20th February 2021

My 14 year old daughter was admited to the Portland hospital for spinal surgery for correction of scoliosis. Surgery was at 2pm on Monday 8th February and was discharged on Saturday 13th .Staff were brilliant. They were kind,informative and professional. The food was great, the room spacious and very clean. My daughter spent 2 nights in paediatric intensive care and the staff very supportive,kind and kept me informed. The surgeon,doctors and anesthetic were kind and explained everything to my 14 year daugher in a way she could understand. The scoliosis specialist nurse visited my daughter post surgery everyday to ensure she was fine. The physiotherapists were very patient, empowering and kind. My daughter could climb the stairs on day 4 post surgery. A big thank you to all the nurses in intensive care and on the ward. Thank you to the play specialists especially the one who visited post surgery and explained to my daughter what the surgical room would look like etc.Upon discharge the nurse talked me through all the medication i was taking home and requested that i call if i needed more support. 3 days post discharge i got a call from the Portland asking how my daughter was doing post discharge. The care we received was flawless. Thank you to everyone who cared for my daughter on floor 3.

Written by a NHS patient
28th January 2021

Hi I was looked after by Kay Crook and Dr Hyer from Northwick Park hospital as Northwick Park was full so was told to attend this hospital who treated my daughter where they done colonoscopy at Great Portland Street hospital . The staff there also done fantastic job looking after patient welfare and parent.. If I didn’t attend here we would be looking to wait for ages for appointment for my young daughter.. If you have the chance to go to Great Portland Street hospital please do..

3rd December 2020

I had my ERPC done in Portland Hospital. It is unbelievable how they managed to make such an unpleasant experience so comfortable. All the staff right from the front door were very supportive and kind to me. I was so scared before the procedure that I couldn't even talk, and I left the hospital filled with love and care. It was the first operation in my life and I can't imagine it go better that it went. I'm grateful to everyone who were around me on that day.

{{category}} working at The Portland Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The Portland Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb494