lorraine-richardson

Lorraine Richardson

27th February 2020

Lorraine has a great manor with patients. She is easy to relate to, extremely helpful and gives clear understandable advice from which you can make positive decisions.

22nd February 2020

Lorraine was open, explained everything in an easy to understand manner, and communicated the treatment procedures in a positive way that gave confidence and support.

6th February 2020

I was seen by Lorraine, accompanied by my wife, on Wednesday 05/02/2020. The consultation was a review of the biopsy and other investigations on my prostate. We both were expecting a "positive" outcome and were "stunned" when the news wasn't as we had hoped for. However the kindness, empathy, sensitivity and professionalism of Lorraine more than compensated for our distress. I cannot emphasise how much her being there supporting us helped. Lorraine listened, answered all our questions, clarified misunderstandings and gave us HOPE. Thank you Lorraine and thank you NHS.

29th January 2020

The NHS, as we are all aware, works under considerable pressure and this is the case for Lorraine also. During the time I have been in her care, I am aware that she has had to cover not only her own job but also that of a colleague. This has never prevented her from cheerfully and promptly responding to my endless requests for information, difficult appointment changes and so forth. She has been outstanding and caring at the same time which is so welcome. Problems become solutions when she is involved. The NHS are fortunate to have her and should do all in their power to retain such a dedicated team member. Her care during my illness has been faultless.

14th December 2019

Lorraine has been fabulous. She takes time to have a chat about my condition and answers any queries I have. She always follows up on questions or treatment if she isn't sure of the answer and gets back to me. If I have any concerns she is always contactable and gets back to me usually the very same day. Very supportive. Thankyou Lorraine.

Qualifications:

• Adult Nurse, Level 1

DipHe trained Nurse who then topped-up and gained a BSc(Hons) in Nursing Practice. Having worked as a surgical nurse from qualifying, I am now a Macmillan Uro-Oncology Clinical Nurse Specialist working for University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust supporting and caring for patients with new and existing urological cancers.

Nearest Oncology Nurses