mrs-katie-wass

2nd March 2020

I wish to record my sincere gratitude and grateful thanks for all the compassion, care, advice and professional expertise of Mrs Katie Wass and her team, including all the help and support given by Alison Eidsforth, in treating me for Prostate Cancer. I was initially diagnosed during May 2019 for stage four cancer which had already spread to my pelvic and rib bones requiring my 10 day hospitalization for tests and treatment. Naturally, this was a tremendous shock to me having been perfectly fit and healthy up until my now age of 73 yrs. However, with the support and encouragement of the team, I have been so far successfully treated with hormone therapy, radiotherapy and then six cycles of chemotherapy to stabilize my otherwise incurably fatal cancerous condition.

19th February 2020

Katie was extremely helpful from my first meeting with Mr Smolski and she explained everything I needed to know for me to decide between surgery or radiotherapy her empathy was exceptional before during and after my operation her support was positive and reassuring.My phone calls and questions were answered speedily or followed up promptly. I have great confidence in the competence knowledge expertise and professionalism of this excellent Nurse who shows terrific enthusiasm and interest in her role. I feel privileged to have had Katie as my support Nurse and I always felt comfortable in her care. I was pleased that Katie asked me to allow photographs of my operation to be used for future patients information.She is certainly has a forward looking outlook.

Written by a carer at Royal Preston Hospital
12th February 2020

My husband is under Katie's care and she takes time to include me in the consultations also answering my questions and understanding my concerns about the treatment.

11th February 2020

Impressed by the overall care and attention shown at all times,always available when calling to ask a question,not just Katie,but the whole team.Can not see any way to improve a difficult experience,all handled brilliantly,many thanks.

7th January 2020

Mrs Katie Wass made the time to listen, and answer any questions truthfully,and took action when needed. I felt totally at ease . Personally I cannot see what could be improved.

Mrs Katie Wass was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

Qualifications:

• Adult Nurse, Level 2

MacMillan Uro-Oncology Clinical Nurse Specialist at Royal Preston Hospital.

Nearest Uro-oncology Nurses