Royal Lancaster Infirmary

Ashton Road, Lancaster, England, LA1 4RP

1 2 3 4 5 47,509 reviews

16th March 2020

I have had to visit RLI for several investigative procedures during the last few months. On each occasion, to see various departments, I have found the staff to be most polite and informative as to what was to be carried out and during the actual procedures. Appointment times, on the whole, have been pretty much as booked, with clarity as to the likely procedure included in the letter informing of the booking. The bookings have been quite quickly made after initially seeing my G.P.

11th March 2020

The care and kindness I received from all members of staff was excellent.Everyone was so pleasant and could not have tried harder to attend to everyone,s needs.A big thank you to all.

5th March 2020

My daughter who is 5 years old is awaiting biopsy results. As a parent this is an extremely stressful time. However we have been awaiting these results since January. Constantly being told they will be made a priority and we will receive them in a few days. Hows nearly 6 weeks later still waiting to find out if my child has cancer and being told "oh well the consultant is busy. He will get back to you when he can" A 6 week wait, for results sat on a consultants desk is absolutely disgusting.

9th January 2020

Wonderful hospital l, lovely staff.

Review of RLI A&E Department, written by a family member
5th January 2020

Having Visited A&E Lancaster on Sunday 05/01/20 13.15 with my Wife who had Visited the Night before with her Complaint with Breathing Difficulties. We passed through front Desk to Wait for the first Consultation which took 2hrs 20mins. We were told to go back and Wait in the Same Waiting Room and we would be seen by the Doctor we were told it shouldn't be Long. 2hrs later we were called through to see a Doctor who examined and spoke to my Wife, 15mins later my wife returned from the examination room to say the Doctor was going to speak to his Superior Doctor. 20mins later the Doctor returned with the Superior Doctor who spoke to my Wife saying she Would Have to Consult her GP tomorrow. WHAT A WASTE of Every bodies time, NOT to say sending my wife away for a Second time with Breathing Difficulties. OBSERVATIONS :- Other Patients leaving the Hospital without Treatment due to NO Communication and sick of Waiting. Nurses all Talking and Eating Food at the Treatment Ward, talking openly about there Personal Lives, and other Nurses waiting for there conversation to finish before requesting Service. One Patient in Serve Pain, and left In First Waiting Room for 20mins ( should of been Priority ) The NHS Notice Board, How are we Doing, Who Gathers this Information ? The Superior Doctor turned to Me after Talking to my Wife, and Said you look Disappointed, I Had to Contain myself to say the Least. NHS Get your act together !!

Respect
Involved
17th December 2019

The best.

4th December 2019

The staff were all outstandingly kind. Thank you so much for proving that there are still people out there working their absolute best, despite cuts going everywhere, except middle management. You are all wonderful and I'd like to say a special, HUGE thank you to the lady radiographer who chased me down the corridor after my Xray to beg me to go to ED - I'm one of those pains in the a*se people who only go and get help if a limb is hanging off. Well, this lady saw something and was so concerned she got me to go - she's radiographer; this was not part of her job, but she did it anyway, as a compassionate and thoughtful person looking out for someone in need; and I'm so glad I did, because I really needed help. if anyone at RLI know to whom I'm referring: she's approx late 30s, about 5 foot 2/3 with a blonde bob type hair cut. I'd love it if you could let me know, with her permission who she is, so I can go in, when better, with a small gesture of thanks. Same goes for the folks who treated me in ED - You're all absolute Saviours. Thank you for doing what you do

25th November 2019

The treatment I received from entering the hospital to the time of my discharge was excellent the staff in ward 33 could not have done anymore to make my stay more pleasant all done with smiles and a sense of humour and spotlessly clean

3rd November 2019

Having recently been treated at the hospital, every single person I have dealt with has been amazing. The whole process has been incredibly efficient, I have felt involved in all decisions made along the way and all information has been given to me in a clear way.

21st August 2019

I am at an advantage in so much as I can use my bus to arrive at the hospital therefore not having to find car parking which is a nightmare at this hospital. It is particularly difficult as you are warned that your appointment may take up to an hour longer than your appointment time. Perhaps it would work if some form of sticker which could be shown on dashboard could be sent with appointment letters simple stating e.g. Oncology clinic

{{category}} working at Royal Lancaster Infirmary ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Royal Lancaster Infirmary: http://iwgc.net/eb4u2