royal-lancaster-infirmary
1 2 3 4 5 47,463 reviews Write a review

Royal Lancaster Infirmary

Ashton Road, Lancaster, England, LA1 4RP

21st February 2018

My mum was treated with respect and dignity at all times during her stay, mainly on Wd 34. Her physical care was wonderful, she always appeared well cared for when we visited. At first we felt like no one was listening to our very grave concerns re our mums eating, or lack of, and her very low weight and that caused us distress, despite speaking with doctors, and all of us knowing mum's condition/operation had arisen through low weight. And then R/N Rachel stepped in, listened and made the difference to us and especially Mum. We've been able to bring our mum home, believing she will get better and she's eating again and taking a little interest in food again. Thank you Rachel, you've been amazing.

14th February 2018

To be honest with all the recent poor national press about A&E I was expecting a long wait and poor morale when I visited your A&E with a broken arm that need to be manipulated and set -what I received could not have been further away from this.The team were efficient, professional and kind and did everything possible to ensure the procedure was painfree and I was comfortable- which I was. My grateful thanks to Dr. Ray McGloyne and Lyndsey Latham and the team who delivered a brilliant service and also to the night team who helped with my pain management prior to the procedure taking place.

5th February 2018

I am a wheelchair user and I had just had staples in the back of my head. At the end of my visit I used the disabled toilet in the entrance area of A&E. I locked the door and then fell out of my wheelchair whilst trying to stand up and ended up on the floor. I shouted for help but no one came. I looked for an emergency pull cord but there wasn't one. I did spot a help button on the wall but it was waist height and in the corner behind the toilet so I was unable to reach it. Eventually my wife called at the door to see if I was OK. I told her I was on the floor and couldn't get up. She went to the reception desk to ask if they could open the door. They didn't have anything to use to open the door. It looked like it would unlock with a coin and a passing paramedic found a coin and tried to turn the lock. He was able to turn it part way but not enough to unlock the door. He tried for several minutes and was struggling as the lock was quite worn. During this time I had to get onto my knees and make my way to the door and unlock it myself. When the door was opened there was a crowd of people outside trying to help, and I felt ashamed and awkward. I don't feel that this is acceptable, especially in a hospital. If I had knocked myself out no one would have been able to get to me at all. Please can this disabled toilet be sorted out so that this doesn't happen again.

1st February 2018

Seemed a thorough exam. Radiologist was willing to explain results afterwards. Waiting time a little long - 25 minutes. Generally satisfied

22nd January 2018

The care in the hospital was excellent