Royal Lancaster Infirmary

Ashton Road, Lancaster, England, LA1 4RP

1 2 3 4 5 47,516 reviews

6th August 2020

I was admitted to A and E in February with sudden urinary attention. I was seen within an hour, examined, catheterized and sent home. I had a follow up appointment at the Urology Department after 2 weeks. The catheter was successfully removed, and I was taught how to self-catheterize using ISC equipment when I went home, if the need arose.. I was also given a repeat prescription for ISC. Although this was obviously an unpleasant and stressful experience, I must say that at both A and E and in Urology I was treated with great respect, patience and kindness, and was able to return home reassured that I could cope - which I have! Many, many thanks.

12th July 2020

I haven't actually had any treatment yet, but any any dealings I have had in the past with the RLI have been very good.

1st July 2020

I arrived at A&E by ambulance because of fast heart rate and pain in my chest . I had started a new inhaler. I was put on a trolley by a gentleman who I overheard saying “well she’s alright” I was taken through and wheeled into a bay. My bloods where taken , blood pressure and an ECG . A doctor briefly asked me what had happened then walked away. I was then left for over an hour no explanation or discussion. Nobody asked if I was ok. Staff chatted about their personal lives, discussed other patients openly and looked on google earth for houses on a computer. With the only explanation from a nurse that it may have been a panic attack I was told to go home , At no point did anyone ask about the new inhaler I had been put on or my mental health. I was pointed to the way out. This has left me feeling very unhappy about their attitude to me.

5th June 2020

I had a telephone consultation with MrAJain was interested in my complaint an arranged for later telephone consultation

Review of RLI Cardiac Care Unit, written by a family member
2nd June 2020

Don’t lie and say patients are troublesome, don’t go through patients bags. Don’t try and snatch patients injections pen off them when they know they can do it themselves.dont take out catheter when another ward said it will probably have to stay in for good. Male nurse making out he’s aggressive when it’s said nurse raising anxiety and causing stress, which then sets his recovery back and he also has a long history of severe depression and anxiety. He asks for chilled which is not a big ask, but don’t bring him any.he feels no one is listening to him and feel cut off and unsafe. He has got to the stage where he is trusting no one. He just wants to walk out and get away. This is being filled in on behalf of patient. Other family members have long term illnesses. Not good care and would not recommend this ward or the male nurse to anyone,

Respect
Involved
7th May 2020

Ive seen many consultants and stayed in numerous wards with the exception of Dr Ahmed & ICU who I cant praise enough, this hospital is the PITS .1 nurse thinks SLEEP- Apnea is nothing but SNORING problem she'd "seen a program on telly" I have to go back in and I'M SCARED STIFF

17th April 2020

I believe, in future, the hospital needs to pay attention to personalised care, especially in relation to holistic needs.

16th March 2020

I have had to visit RLI for several investigative procedures during the last few months. On each occasion, to see various departments, I have found the staff to be most polite and informative as to what was to be carried out and during the actual procedures. Appointment times, on the whole, have been pretty much as booked, with clarity as to the likely procedure included in the letter informing of the booking. The bookings have been quite quickly made after initially seeing my G.P.

11th March 2020

The care and kindness I received from all members of staff was excellent.Everyone was so pleasant and could not have tried harder to attend to everyone,s needs.A big thank you to all.

5th March 2020

My daughter who is 5 years old is awaiting biopsy results. As a parent this is an extremely stressful time. However we have been awaiting these results since January. Constantly being told they will be made a priority and we will receive them in a few days. Hows nearly 6 weeks later still waiting to find out if my child has cancer and being told "oh well the consultant is busy. He will get back to you when he can" A 6 week wait, for results sat on a consultants desk is absolutely disgusting.

{{category}} working at Royal Lancaster Infirmary ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Royal Lancaster Infirmary: http://iwgc.net/eb4u2