royal-lancaster-infirmary
1 2 3 4 5 47,506 reviews Write a review

Royal Lancaster Infirmary

Ashton Road, Lancaster, England, LA1 4RP

9th January 2020

Wonderful hospital l, lovely staff.

Review of RLI A&E Department, written by a family member
5th January 2020

Having Visited A&E Lancaster on Sunday 05/01/20 13.15 with my Wife who had Visited the Night before with her Complaint with Breathing Difficulties. We passed through front Desk to Wait for the first Consultation which took 2hrs 20mins. We were told to go back and Wait in the Same Waiting Room and we would be seen by the Doctor we were told it shouldn't be Long. 2hrs later we were called through to see a Doctor who examined and spoke to my Wife, 15mins later my wife returned from the examination room to say the Doctor was going to speak to his Superior Doctor. 20mins later the Doctor returned with the Superior Doctor who spoke to my Wife saying she Would Have to Consult her GP tomorrow. WHAT A WASTE of Every bodies time, NOT to say sending my wife away for a Second time with Breathing Difficulties. OBSERVATIONS :- Other Patients leaving the Hospital without Treatment due to NO Communication and sick of Waiting. Nurses all Talking and Eating Food at the Treatment Ward, talking openly about there Personal Lives, and other Nurses waiting for there conversation to finish before requesting Service. One Patient in Serve Pain, and left In First Waiting Room for 20mins ( should of been Priority ) The NHS Notice Board, How are we Doing, Who Gathers this Information ? The Superior Doctor turned to Me after Talking to my Wife, and Said you look Disappointed, I Had to Contain myself to say the Least. NHS Get your act together !!

17th December 2019

The best.

4th December 2019

The staff were all outstandingly kind. Thank you so much for proving that there are still people out there working their absolute best, despite cuts going everywhere, except middle management. You are all wonderful and I'd like to say a special, HUGE thank you to the lady radiographer who chased me down the corridor after my Xray to beg me to go to ED - I'm one of those pains in the a*se people who only go and get help if a limb is hanging off. Well, this lady saw something and was so concerned she got me to go - she's radiographer; this was not part of her job, but she did it anyway, as a compassionate and thoughtful person looking out for someone in need; and I'm so glad I did, because I really needed help. if anyone at RLI know to whom I'm referring: she's approx late 30s, about 5 foot 2/3 with a blonde bob type hair cut. I'd love it if you could let me know, with her permission who she is, so I can go in, when better, with a small gesture of thanks. Same goes for the folks who treated me in ED - You're all absolute Saviours. Thank you for doing what you do

25th November 2019

The treatment I received from entering the hospital to the time of my discharge was excellent the staff in ward 33 could not have done anymore to make my stay more pleasant all done with smiles and a sense of humour and spotlessly clean

3rd November 2019

Having recently been treated at the hospital, every single person I have dealt with has been amazing. The whole process has been incredibly efficient, I have felt involved in all decisions made along the way and all information has been given to me in a clear way.

21st August 2019

I am at an advantage in so much as I can use my bus to arrive at the hospital therefore not having to find car parking which is a nightmare at this hospital. It is particularly difficult as you are warned that your appointment may take up to an hour longer than your appointment time. Perhaps it would work if some form of sticker which could be shown on dashboard could be sent with appointment letters simple stating e.g. Oncology clinic

8th July 2019

What a great hospital. I have been a patient in five different wards in 2019 due to a series of health problems and I cannot fault any of them. All of the wards are clean and the staff, from the domestic help through to the consultants, are unfailingly polite, friendly, efficient and caring. Everyone seems to find the time to help and, on top of that, the food is really good too. I call it a five-star all inclusive resort with bonus needles. Brilliant!

3rd July 2019

I was given a drink whilst waiting in the corridor to be seen by the Doctor and because it was a very hot day I found it very comforting and thoughtful of the nurse on duty. I was treat with the utmost courtesy and care by all the staff and my previous visit as an emergency patient which resulted in being diagnosed with sepsis, lead to wonderful care during my stay. All in all, I think Lancaster Royal Infirmary should be congratulated on their efforts considering the difficult circumstances they must encounter!

6th June 2019

Following an unfortunate oversight at Westmorland General Hospital it was arranged that I was immediately referred to Mr Naseem at RLI. That it was at such short notice was gratifying after waiting several weeks. There was no delay at RLI and I was [leased with the courtesy of all the staff I met. Mt Naseem was most courteous and was very helpful. The appointment he spoke of was prompt and I attended the urological clinic yesterday. I wait to see how the removal of the catheter will affect me in the future, but I do feel the surgery may be necessary.

Filter reviews by care type

Filter reviews by reviewer type

{{category}} working at Royal Lancaster Infirmary ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Royal Lancaster Infirmary: http://iwgc.net/eb4u2