michelle-holmes

Michelle Holmes

19th May 2020

I am in the early stages of treatment for (hopefully localised) prostate cancer, and have greatly appreciated Michelle's advice over the phone in these difficult coronavirus times. She is an excellent listener, and an equally good explainer of sometimes complex medical detail. She has also steered me towards some very useful websites. Feeling I have her ongoing support gives me greater confidence about my future. It would have been (would be!) lovely to meet her in person, but as someone who has been carefully self-isolating over the last few weeks I appreciate why this is not possible.

2nd April 2020

I spoke to Michelle on the first day that I got my diagnosis of Prostate Cancer. She could not have been more caring or informative. Whilst she did not sugar coat anything, she did leave me feeling a lot calmer and reassured and I know that I have in her a valuable point of contact.

3rd November 2019

Michelle has been incredibly supportive whilst I have been a patient of the hospital. She has sorted any issues or queries which I have had straight away, and has ensured I've received all relevant information about appointments etc. (which would have been difficult with me being at University). She's been absolutely amazing throughout the whole process.

• Surgery
  • Uro-oncology

Qualifications:

• Adult Nurse, Level 1

I am a Registered General Nurse, have mainly worked in urology, general surgery, emergency surgical admissions and now as a Clinical Nurse Specialist in Uro-oncology. I work for University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay Trust

Nearest Uro-oncology Nurses