Mr Richard Turner

Macmillan Uro-Oncology Clinical Nurse Specialist working for University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust. Proud to provide the highest quality of patient care.

• Uro-oncology

Qualifications:

• Adult Nurse, Level 1

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

13th February 2017
Written by a member of staff at Westmorland General Hospital

I have worked with Richard for two years now and it has been a pleasure. I was new to the CNS role and he has been instrumental in my development and progression. Without his support, guidance and belief in me, I would not be where I am today and I would like to thank him for this. Richard is extremely knowledgeable and always goes above and beyond to provide the highest level of support and care for his patients ensuring that their thoughts, feelings and wishes are taken into account. He is an excellent listener, team player and communicator. His patients are very lucky to have him as their CNS as am I to work alongside him and I hope to work with him for many years to come.

16th January 2017
Written by a patient at Furness General Hospital

Was told I had cancer, bombshell!! then asked if I wanted to speak to anyone, was apprehensive, but then said yes. I was taken to a room with Richard in and he immediately made me feel a little better and at ease. Since then I have spoken to him about my journey and he has put surgeon speak into my kind of speak which takes a lot of uncertainty away from the already scary journey that I am on.

20th January 2017
Response from Mr Richard Turner

Thank you so much for this feedback. I feel deeply privileged that I was able to help during what must have been a very difficult time for all of you. Please remember our service is always here should you require further advice or support.

27th November 2016
Written by a carer at Furness General Hospital

Richard has provided us with support and reassurance since my husband was diagnosed with prostate cancer in September this year. We have had to phone or e-mail him with various questions concerning medication and appointments - he has always responded promptly, giving good practical advice. He has been in attendance at consultants appointments - a friendly face to make you feel at ease, and also some one to re-iterate what has been discussed (necessary at times when there is a lot to take in). It is greatly reassuring to know he is there at this difficult time - he is caring and professional and really does go out of his way to do the best he can.

12th December 2016
Response from Mr Richard Turner

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this feedback. It is genuinely appreciated. Please remember our service is always here should you need any further help, support or guidance.

24th November 2016
Written by a patient at Furness General Hospital

My consultant retired on the day I was given my diagnosis of prostate cancer and I am very grateful to Richard for stepping in to provide me with the help and support I needed. He is very accessible, informative and empathic, and clearly cares deeply about the wellbeing of his patients.

12th December 2016
Response from Mr Richard Turner

Thank you very much for leaving this feedback. It is very much appreciated and please remember that our service continues to be here for you if we can help in any way.

18th November 2016
Written by a patient at Westmorland General Hospital

I was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer in July/August this year. During several scans, biopsies, and various other tests, I was introduced to Richard Turner & Lorraine Rigg. Richards qualities are to numerous to mention, but the ones at the top of the list are: Knowledgeable, honesty, patience and listening skills second to none. Richard has been the instigator of several appointments being speeded up, and has explained the complexities of my options in Layman's language. I am now in the process of having an initial consultation/pre-op assessment shortly - with a view to having an operation t remove my prostate in early January. Whilst this is still a very worrying & uncertain time for my wife & myself, Richard is always there for a chat, e-mail correspondence, and anything we need. I am sure I will be able to rely on him for anything I may need in the future. Many Thanks Ian Plant Keswick

21st November 2016
Response from Mr Richard Turner

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this feedback. It is genuinely appreciated. Please remember that our service is always available to you should you require further support.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »