Mr Richard Turner

Macmillan Uro-Oncology Clinical Nurse Specialist working for University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust. Proud to provide the highest quality of patient care.

• Uro-oncology

Qualifications:

• Adult Nurse, Level 1

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

16th April 2017
Written by a patient at Westmorland General Hospital

The day of my diagnosis re Prostate Cancer was the day i was introduced to Richard Turner, Richard was so attentive to the questions i asked and his knowledge on all aspects was amazing,as i was moving into another Health area 80 miles away within 10 days of my diagnosis i was concerned about the continuation of my treatments and changing my GP Richard dispersed all of my concerns he took everything on board and dealt with the transition of my move and was started on my treatment within one week of my move,i can never thank Richard enough for taking the pressure from me he went the extra mile and is one of the most genuine Health Professional i have had contact with and is an enormous asset in the Urology Dept,only wish we could have taken him to the North East Newcastle Hospitals'cant thank you enough Richard Regards John

3rd April 2017
Written by a carer at Westmorland General Hospital

Richard has been a godsend to my partner who has a diagnosis of prostate cancer, he always listens and answers any queries we have and will telephone and reassure if asked to do so. I have recommended his care to many people, we trust him implicitly and feel confident in his expertise and judgement regarding any problems we are having with the condition. I am unsure what if any improvements can be made, in the gold standard care Richard gives to his client group.

3rd April 2017
Response from Mr Richard Turner

Thank you so much for this wonderful feedback. I am humbled by your kind words. Please remember that our service is always here if we can help you in any way.

Written by a carer at Westmorland General Hospital

Incredibly careful and gentle manner, very well informed. Kept us up to date and brought everything together when needed

24th March 2017
Response from Mr Richard Turner

Thank you so much for your kind feedback. I genuinely appreciate this. My door is always open if I can ever help at any stage now or in the future.

5th March 2017
Written by a patient at Westmorland General Hospital

There are so many questions regarding prostate cancer which neither my consultant or my GP have the time or inclination to consider let alone provide me with some answers. After some years of confusion concerning my symptoms I arranged a meeting with Richard Turner and he was amazing. Not least he gave me the time I needed to understand the variables of the disease but also his explanations were clear and concise and delivered in language I could understand. Perhaps most important of all was his warm and friendly manner. Richard manages to impart his remarkable knowledge and expertise whilst maintaining a very welcome and much needed level of basic human sympathy and kindness.

22nd March 2017
Response from Mr Richard Turner

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful feedback. It is very much appreciated. Please remember that my service is always here should you require further advice or support in the future.

13th February 2017
Written by a member of staff at Westmorland General Hospital

I have worked with Richard for two years now and it has been a pleasure. I was new to the CNS role and he has been instrumental in my development and progression. Without his support, guidance and belief in me, I would not be where I am today and I would like to thank him for this. Richard is extremely knowledgeable and always goes above and beyond to provide the highest level of support and care for his patients ensuring that their thoughts, feelings and wishes are taken into account. He is an excellent listener, team player and communicator. His patients are very lucky to have him as their CNS as am I to work alongside him and I hope to work with him for many years to come.

22nd March 2017
Response from Mr Richard Turner

Thank you very much. :-)

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »