Mr Richard Turner

Macmillan Uro-Oncology Clinical Nurse Specialist working for University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust. Proud to provide the highest quality of patient care.

• Uro-oncology

Qualifications:

• Adult Nurse, Level 1

24th June 2017
Written by a patient at Westmorland General Hospital

Having just had the news that i had prostate cancer,been given loads of technical,medical jargon,told i needed a CT scan & bone scan,my head was reeling. I was then introduced to Richard!,what a cheerful,positive,upbeat person. Straight away ,he cut through the "jargon" and gave me the facts that i could understand. His positive attitude that the cancer could be sorted and how that could happen ,came as a GREAT RELIEF. One phone call had both scans booked for 4 days later! Booklets were provided and relevant sections explained and phone number&e-mail contacts provided. "Ring or e-mail ,anytime ,i am your link to all the other services and am here to help you" I now no longer feel frightened and isolated,Richard has given me a positive approach to the treatment and outcome I shall always be indebted to him ,he was there for me when i needed help. Richard,thankyou so much Paul h=Harley

22nd June 2017
Written by a patient at Furness General Hospital

Top man, cares, listens, does what he says he will do. He has the experience to give you the confidence to listen to what he says & trust in the advice he gives you. More importantly he gives you the strength / courage/ belief to fight no matter what set backs you incur.

1st June 2017
Written by a patient at Furness General Hospital

Richard, has been a lifesaver these passed few weeks, he is professional at all times and has gone above and beyond.Thank you

21st June 2017
Response from Mr Richard Turner

Thank you so much for your kind words. Please remember our service is always here for you.

12th May 2017
Written by a patient at Ulverston Hospital

Richard is very caring and professional and spends a lot of time explaining everything and he eased my mind a lot . He gave us a lot of time which we really appreciated as it is a lot to take in and a worry. My wife and I are really pleased to know that we can contact him whenever we need to, and he will be there to answer anything that is worrying us. Richard is a great asset to the NHS.

17th May 2017
Response from Mr Richard Turner

Thank you so much for your kind words. I genuinely appreciate the effort you have made to leave this feedback. Please remember that our service is always here if you ever require further advice or support.

16th April 2017
Written by a patient at Westmorland General Hospital

The day of my diagnosis re Prostate Cancer was the day i was introduced to Richard Turner, Richard was so attentive to the questions i asked and his knowledge on all aspects was amazing,as i was moving into another Health area 80 miles away within 10 days of my diagnosis i was concerned about the continuation of my treatments and changing my GP Richard dispersed all of my concerns he took everything on board and dealt with the transition of my move and was started on my treatment within one week of my move,i can never thank Richard enough for taking the pressure from me he went the extra mile and is one of the most genuine Health Professional i have had contact with and is an enormous asset in the Urology Dept,only wish we could have taken him to the North East Newcastle Hospitals'cant thank you enough Richard Regards John

10th May 2017
Response from Mr Richard Turner

I would like to take the time to thank you for the wonderful feedback that you have left me. I am so grateful. I would like to wish you the best of luck with your future treatment. It has been a pleasure working alongside you.

Nearest Uro-oncology Nurses