Mr Richard Turner

Macmillan Uro-Oncology Clinical Nurse Specialist working for University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust. Proud to provide the highest quality of patient care.

• Uro-oncology

Qualifications:

• Adult Nurse, Level 1

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

22nd March 2017
Written by a carer at Westmorland General Hospital

Incredibly careful and gentle manner, very well informed. Kept us up to date and brought everything together when needed

5th March 2017
Written by a patient at Westmorland General Hospital

There are so many questions regarding prostate cancer which neither my consultant or my GP have the time or inclination to consider let alone provide me with some answers. After some years of confusion concerning my symptoms I arranged a meeting with Richard Turner and he was amazing. Not least he gave me the time I needed to understand the variables of the disease but also his explanations were clear and concise and delivered in language I could understand. Perhaps most important of all was his warm and friendly manner. Richard manages to impart his remarkable knowledge and expertise whilst maintaining a very welcome and much needed level of basic human sympathy and kindness.

13th February 2017
Written by a member of staff at Westmorland General Hospital

I have worked with Richard for two years now and it has been a pleasure. I was new to the CNS role and he has been instrumental in my development and progression. Without his support, guidance and belief in me, I would not be where I am today and I would like to thank him for this. Richard is extremely knowledgeable and always goes above and beyond to provide the highest level of support and care for his patients ensuring that their thoughts, feelings and wishes are taken into account. He is an excellent listener, team player and communicator. His patients are very lucky to have him as their CNS as am I to work alongside him and I hope to work with him for many years to come.

16th January 2017
Written by a patient at Furness General Hospital

Was told I had cancer, bombshell!! then asked if I wanted to speak to anyone, was apprehensive, but then said yes. I was taken to a room with Richard in and he immediately made me feel a little better and at ease. Since then I have spoken to him about my journey and he has put surgeon speak into my kind of speak which takes a lot of uncertainty away from the already scary journey that I am on.

20th January 2017
Response from Mr Richard Turner

Thank you so much for this feedback. I feel deeply privileged that I was able to help during what must have been a very difficult time for all of you. Please remember our service is always here should you require further advice or support.

27th November 2016
Written by a carer at Furness General Hospital

Richard has provided us with support and reassurance since my husband was diagnosed with prostate cancer in September this year. We have had to phone or e-mail him with various questions concerning medication and appointments - he has always responded promptly, giving good practical advice. He has been in attendance at consultants appointments - a friendly face to make you feel at ease, and also some one to re-iterate what has been discussed (necessary at times when there is a lot to take in). It is greatly reassuring to know he is there at this difficult time - he is caring and professional and really does go out of his way to do the best he can.

12th December 2016
Response from Mr Richard Turner

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this feedback. It is genuinely appreciated. Please remember our service is always here should you need any further help, support or guidance.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »