Mr Richard Turner

Macmillan Uro-Oncology Clinical Nurse Specialist working for University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust. Proud to provide the highest quality of patient care.

• Uro-oncology

Qualifications:

• Adult Nurse, Level 1

21st October 2017
Written by a patient at Westmorland General Hospital

Spent time explaining results and treatment options. Was reassuring and very positive.

21st September 2017
Written by a carer at Furness General Hospital

My mum and dad had met Richard previously following my dad's recent diagnosis with prostate cancer, but yesterday was my first meet with him and everything they had already said about him was more than true - he is very eager to listen and understand your concerns and ensures you all understand what is happening. Nothing seems too much trouble for him and he really does make you feel you can discuss anything and he will do his upmost to answer your questions or get an answer to you as soon as he possibly can. He is always at the end of the phone and has been a great support to all of us so far and I know we have a long way to go but it is very reasuring knowing Richard will be at our side.

19th September 2017
Written by a patient at Furness General Hospital

After just being diagnosed with prostate cancer, my wife and I were feeling very low! We were introduced to Richard, as our Macmillan nurse. What a relief to have him. It is just the start of treatment but he is so helpful and knowledgeable about care and treatment. Just talking with him has made us feel comfortable about the procedure. We are feeling so much more positive. Long way to go yet but "Thank you Richard"

11th September 2017
Written by a patient at Furness General Hospital

To know that I have the support of Richard means so much. I don't have to worry about who to contact if I have a concern, I know that Richard is there to sort it for me. He has been so supportive and guided me through all the stages of my treatment so far, and I know that he will be there for me as my treatment progresses. He always has time for me and has explained the various aspects of the treatment and what to expect, in some cases more than once. In the early stages it was sometimes difficult to take in what I was being told by a consultant or specialist and Richard clarified any uncertainties. I could ask for more from Richard or anybody else who has been involved in my care!!

21st August 2017
Written by a carer at Furness General Hospital

I cant thank and praise Richard enough. He was always there at the end of the phone or email. He was very honest, helpful, supportive. He certainly is the person you want on your care team when going through hell. Thank you so much Richare

Nearest Uro-oncology Nurses