Mr Richard Turner

Macmillan Uro-Oncology Clinical Nurse Specialist working for University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust. Proud to provide the highest quality of patient care.

• Uro-oncology

Qualifications:

• Adult Nurse, Level 1

2nd August 2017
Written by a patient at Westmorland General Hospital

I have recently been diagnosed with prostate cancer, and am only just starting down the road towards treatment. Richard has been already been so very helpful both with the depth of his knowledge, and with practical help and advice. I feel very lucky to have Richard in my corner.

9th August 2017
Response from Mr Richard Turner

Thank you so much for your kind words. Please remember that our service is always here for you.

25th July 2017
Written by a patient at Westmorland General Hospital

Richard is excellent. We couldn`t have wished for a more understanding, kind and supportive person. Straightforward, clear, good advice and guidance. Nothing too much trouble. Very grateful. He assured us he is available to talk to us as and when needed. How good is that!

9th August 2017
Response from Mr Richard Turner

Thank you so much for your kind feedback. Please remember our service is always here if we can help in any way.

19th July 2017
Written by a carer at Furness General Hospital

Richard is the ultimate professional! Following my mother's recent diagnosis of Bladder Cancer, he has met with us on a couple of occasions and returned phonecalls when my mum was feeling particularly anxious. It is difficult to add to the reviews which have already been left, but we can say that we have also felt extremely reassured by our consultations with him. His kindness, empathy, compassion and knowledge / experience is palpable. He delivers information in a way which can be understood and is attentive to everybody in the room. He does what he says he is going to do, which has not always been the case with other services, and this helps us to have trust and confidence in his ability. When he says he is there for you, I truly believe he means it. Consultant appointments are important, but Richard brings the 'human' element to our hospital visits and provides an invaluable service. Nobody wants to be in the position of needing a specialist oncology nurse, but if you do need one, then Richard is the one person you would want by your side. If Carlsberg made nurses.... Thank-you Richard! Kaye Warby

21st July 2017
Response from Mr Richard Turner

Thank you so much for leaving such wonderful feedback. I am truly humbled. My service is always here whenever you need it.

3rd July 2017
Written by a patient at Furness General Hospital

Richard was so amazing at going through everything about my kidney cancer, including treatment, aftercare and support. I suffer from anxiety and Richard truly put my at ease, making me feel comforted in every aspect. I am so grateful for Richards support and kindness!!

21st July 2017
Response from Mr Richard Turner

Thank you for your kind words. I am very grateful. We are always here if you need us.

27th June 2017
Written by a patient at Westmorland General Hospital

We first met Richard in Easter 2014 when he was introduced to us as "our" Macmillan nurse at our meeting with the consultant when I was diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer.  The consultant explained how the cancer had spread outside the prostate into some of my lymph nodes and that I would receive palliative care. My wife and I were devastated and unable to absorb much of the detail as we struggled to come to terms with the news.   Afterwards as we tried to compose ourselves Richard took us into another room and calmly and very reassuringly explained the next steps, listening to our fears, answering our questions and constantly providing compassion and comfort to us both. Richard was a rock and held my wife's hand while she broke down and sobbed. We soon found out that he would always been there for both of us.    During our darkest moments over the next few weeks whilst we came to terms with how life changing this disease would mean for us both, Richard was always there for us if we needed his support, 24 hours a day, every day of the week. Richard’s empathy and compassion for us was absolute.  He seemed to know and understand just how we were feeling and exactly what we were going through and how best to support us. Because Richard attends the multi-disciplinary team meetings (MDT) where they decide on the the patients treatment Richard is always readily available to answers any questions we have had, advise us on future appointments, update us on my progress and answer questions relating to the drug trial I was on. For us Richard is very much the human face to all the medical jargon able to clearly explain the steps in my treatment and the person who you can always trust is looking out for you. Richard is the person that gave us the strength and determination to fight this disease. He is a very special person. Glenn & Julia Smithers

21st July 2017
Response from Mr Richard Turner

Thank you both so much for your kind words. It's been a pleasure working alongside you both. Please remember I am always here if I can help in any way.

Nearest Uro-oncology Nurses