furness-general-hospital

Dalton Lane, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, England, LA14 4LF

1 2 3 4 5 45,701 reviews

Written by a NHS patient
4th February 2021

This morning I had an appointment within the orthopedic department. I found my experience and care to be absolutely first class. A lovely nurse escorted me to, the consulting room. Then a lovely guy came in, the room, he introduced himself as Mr Nellapeuni. He was an absolute gentleman who was really really honest, professional, and treated me with total care, sympathy, and respect. Mr Nellapeuni was really knowledgeable. With regards to my ongoing coccydynia problems. I would recommend everyone with any othaephidic related problems to go to this hospital, and without any doubt, to ask for Mr Nellapeuni. He is a credit to the Morecambe bay hospitals Trust. I have been to see many medical experts in the past with my ongoing health issues. Both NHS and via, the private sector. Mr Nellapeuni is by far the most sympathetic, and honest expert I have had the pleasure of meeting. Thank you Furness general hospital. You are doing a great job and in Mr Nellapeuni you have an absolute genius. Your's gratefully James Wright

12th January 2021

They've turned the hospital into a prison. Even the staff need to ask permission to take a patient from A+E for an x-ray now. A+E entrance used to be easy and pleasing, it is now horrible. Consultants make secret arrangements with patients because the system the hospital offers is too inefficient. They now employ staff to assault patients. They call them 'security'. Best to take your own 'security' team if you are forced to visit. The lack of a (private) alternative in the area is the only reason they get away with this appalling situation. I didn't have a 'mental health condition' before I visited this place.

23rd December 2020

I am unable to suggest any improvements. The hospital was clean, well signposted for the different departments. Plenty of car parking and helpful receptionists.

6th November 2020

I was treated with friendly efficiency and respect. On the downside it is not good to ask patients to attend with a full bladder and then keep them waiting!

6th October 2020

I was a patient on the orthopedic ward. The nursing staff are lovely. In fact all the staff are lovely. They care about you and make you feel safe and confident that you are getting the right care.

21st August 2020

Security screening on entry points could be considered

15th August 2020

As pointed out in my feedback to Mr S Panchal the two personnel carrying out the CT cologram at my local Hospital put me at ease throughout the procedure giving me details of the next stages throughout which relaxed me and helped to provide an accurate and clear outcome. The staff at this Hospital are extremely professional, caring and provide outstanding treatment as they always have for all of my Family and myself over 30 years of my life. They all deserve a medal for their constant professional duties carried out sympathetically and care always. God Bless all of the STAFF @ Furness General Hospital

31st July 2020

While you can't really say you like being in Hospital, I have received the best treatment during my journey through this cancer experience, nurses and Doctors are of high calibre, one or two younger Doctors may need their bedside manner tweaking a bit, mind the two young men that took my blood for sampling recently just after the new's that my cancer had returned were fabulously kind, if there is a niggle it's the food gosh is it horrid! unedible to be honest, very little choice of cold food and somehow that was just as bad, don't know what the answer is, I'd rather be hungry too honest than eat it! sandwiches aren't much better either, and as I've no family to visit I did go hungry, during my stay on Ward 4 to be honest!

25th July 2020

I received first class care throughout my consultations and treatment at FGH. All the consultants and nursing staff were excellent.

17th July 2020

The hospital went through a challenging period of time a few years ago but there is now a positive vibe about the place and the staff are happy and motivated. This is now a great facility for the local community.

{{category}} working at Furness General Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Furness General Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb38x