furness-general-hospital

Furness General Hospital

Dalton Lane, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, England, LA14 4LF

1 2 3 4 5 45,708 reviews

9th July 2021

Nursing staff, technicians, reception staff etc 100% - medical staff (who I saw) less so

15th June 2021

Wider use of medical notes across all disciplines ie. I am under regular treatment and surveillance by Urology and Haemotology, Bothe areas should be aware of what the other is doing.

26th May 2021

Every effort was made to make me comfortable, staff on both ICU and PPU could not do enough for my husband and no matter how many times I phoned per day they were very helpful, friendly and pleasant and if my husband was awake they let me speak with him. Linda xx

16th April 2021

I recently had an operation at Furness general hospital (April 13th) My surgeon was DR Ogah, who was amazing, and explained everything in detail in an extremely kind manner (he is extremely knowledgable and personable.).... I was extremely anxious as I had never had surgery before but I was put at ease by all the staff, including the anaesthetist DR Paige... and his wonderful sense of humour..... The nurses on the day care ward were all amazing as I spent several days there, following my procedure.... they all made me feel comfortable and welcome, they listened and were all extremely helpful.... they all strive to give the best care possible to each of their patients.... I truly cannot thank Furness general hospital enough for the professional care that I received.

16th April 2021

I was thoroughly impressed with the treatment, care and attention I received at Furness General. The staff were very professional - sometimes in difficult circumstances - and treated me with respect and consideration at all times. I am very thankful for the expertise and commitment of everyone that had a hand in my care.

22nd March 2021

My experience of furness general hospital was very good and I couldn't thank them enough for all the help and care they gave me.

2nd March 2021

Operation occurred at Westmorland General Hospital and all above ratings apply to there as well. Out patient appointments at Furness General.

4th February 2021

This morning I had an appointment within the orthopedic department. I found my experience and care to be absolutely first class. A lovely nurse escorted me to, the consulting room. Then a lovely guy came in, the room, he introduced himself as Mr Nellapeuni. He was an absolute gentleman who was really really honest, professional, and treated me with total care, sympathy, and respect. Mr Nellapeuni was really knowledgeable. With regards to my ongoing coccydynia problems. I would recommend everyone with any othaephidic related problems to go to this hospital, and without any doubt, to ask for Mr Nellapeuni. He is a credit to the Morecambe bay hospitals Trust. I have been to see many medical experts in the past with my ongoing health issues. Both NHS and via, the private sector. Mr Nellapeuni is by far the most sympathetic, and honest expert I have had the pleasure of meeting. Thank you Furness general hospital. You are doing a great job and in Mr Nellapeuni you have an absolute genius. Your's gratefully James Wright

12th January 2021

They've turned the hospital into a prison. Even the staff need to ask permission to take a patient from A+E for an x-ray now. A+E entrance used to be easy and pleasing, it is now horrible. Consultants make secret arrangements with patients because the system the hospital offers is too inefficient. They now employ staff to assault patients. They call them 'security'. Best to take your own 'security' team if you are forced to visit. The lack of a (private) alternative in the area is the only reason they get away with this appalling situation. I didn't have a 'mental health condition' before I visited this place.

23rd December 2020

I am unable to suggest any improvements. The hospital was clean, well signposted for the different departments. Plenty of car parking and helpful receptionists.

{{category}} working at Furness General Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Furness General Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb38x