furness-general-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 45,645 reviews Write a review

Furness General Hospital

Dalton Lane, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, England, LA14 4LF

27th April 2018

I was treated with respect and all the staff were caring and concerned about my wellbeing. They always tried to preserve my dignity. I was extremely disappointed by the standard and quality of the meals served. Whilst I appreciate that it is difficult catering under such circumstances, food is an important element in the recovery process, and the food served was not sufficient standard. I was also concerned about the waste of money due to food not being eaten.

Child Respect

Respect

Involved

Informed

Location
24th April 2018

My 18 month old was admitted on 19th April - I took him to CHOC and they advised he should be admitted and stay overnight. All we had were the clothes we stood up in, I wasn't expecting an overnight stay! The nurses on the children's ward were so kind and helpful, they made sure my little boy got something to eat and then let me go home to get an overnight bag. My partner was working away so I was on my own with my son and was quite worried and scared about the situation but the nurses put me at ease straight away. They couldn't do enough for us both! A special mention goes to nurse Linda Woodend who looked after my little boy throughout the night, she was so caring, kind and kept me informed at all stages of his care. She was so lovely. I'd also like to say how good the facilities were, the playroom was great and it was really nice to have the parents room where I could get a hot drink etc. Thank you to all the staff.

16th April 2018

Consult was complete within an hour. Very friendly, helpful and informative.

19th March 2018

I recently had the good fortune to be in the care of Mr Thru Siva. A man of great integrity and professionalism, very approachable and very enthusiastic regarding the establishment of a full blown Plastic Surgery facility at Furness General Hospital. His personal abilities are second to none and with his team, it would be so welcome in the area, thus eliminating the stress patients have when travelling to other hospitals out of the area. A department of excellence for these procedures with Mr Siva in charge would be such a bonus for South Cumbria. Furness general, a first class hospital, would be ideal for this work.

16th March 2018

The new birthing centre is a lovely, welcoming environment and I felt very comfortable throughout my stay. All staff were friendly and well informed and looked after my every need, I also felt a lot of trust in the the staff who were taking care of me. Midwife Rebecca Grey was very attentive to the needs of my baby and I and I felt we were in great hands. I was also well looked after by the theatre staff in the birthing centre who made important decisions during a complicated birth that put me and my baby’s needs as a priority. Overall my whole experience of the department was very good and I would definitely recommend it to others.