furness-general-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 45,629 reviews Write a review

Furness General Hospital

Dalton Lane, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, England, LA14 4LF

3rd November 2017

Dr Siva gave me great care and attention when having a small growth removed from my ear. All the staff on the day unit and the theatre staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The hospital and staff deserve lots of praise for the great work they do

1st November 2017

I have attended the Oncology clinic in the past and have had very good experiences. Today, however I saw Dr. Majeed . Firstly I had great difficulty understanding what he was saying as his english was poor. I had to ask him to repeat himself on more than one occasion. He was badly prepared for the consultation as he did not seem to know that an x-ray had been requested by the team and I had to tell him the date that it was done. When he found the x-ray he also found that it had not been reported. He repeated over and over again that he would refer me to Orthopaedics and described what could then happen (possible pin in leg) even though he could not get the x-ray results. My PSA test result showed a marked increase so he left the room to discuss what new drug could be prescribed. He then wrote a prescription without asking what drugs I was taking in case they clashed. Fortunately the oncology nurse came into the room at tis time and was able to correct him, but only after some discussion. It was a most distressing consultation for both my wife and I as he gave every impression of not knowing what he was talking about. He left us upset and confused. Fortunately the oncology nurse saw us after the consultation and tried to put our minds at rest. P.S. the oncology nurse kindly phoned me the following day to tell me that the xray results showed nothing untoward and I would NOT be refers to orthopaedics. All the talk of doom and gloom were rubbish. I will not see this Dr. again.

Written by a family member

24th October 2017

I have been in contact with the department to arrange new shoes for 2 boys who attend day service both have severe learning difficulties along with many other problems. karolina czaplak who I spoke to on several occasions and who was present at the department on the day we attended is a real credit to the department and to Furness General Hospital. She gave us all the information we needed and made sure the boys felt relaxed as they could. This was a super efficient service one which meets the needs of people with physical and mental issues which this experience may be a difficult one. Thanks to all involved.

Written by a family member

My mother was admitted with a hip fracture in October. After her operation, she was admitted to Ward 2. The staff on this ward were extremely kind, caring and continually reassured my mother as to her treatment and when she got confused were extremely patient with her questions. It was apparent that they worked as a team and had only the patients care as their priority. I would like to thank them personally for their dedication in what was at times a very difficult and time consuming situation. My mother’s care was exceptional and her nurse Lauren outstanding. She kept us the family informed as to my mother’s treatment and was always happy to spend time discussing and answering our questions. All the staff do a tremendous job and deserved to be recognised. Well done Ward 2.