Ms Codruta Neumann

After completing my basic surgical training on the South Coast, I have dedicated some time to research in ENT. For a year I worked in the world renowned Sanger Institute in Cambridge, studying the genetics of age related hearing loss. I was then selected for Higher Specialist Training in Ear Nose and Throat Surgery in the East of England Rotation. This included training at prestigious university teaching hospitals such as Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge. Through competitive entry I have been awarded the Cambridge Otology Fellowship. This is where I completed my sub-speciality training in complex otology (ear surgery), ear implantation (cochlear implants and other hearing implants) and balance disorders. I hold a Master of Science degree in Evidence Based Medicine and Health Technology Assessment. I was appointed as an ENT Consultant with the East Kent Hospitals NHS Trust in Feb 2014 and I am now running a busy ENT general practice for children and adults, as well as a specialist practice for ear disorders and balance. Since my appointment as a Consultant I continued to develop my expertise by visiting international centres of ENT excellence and maintaining close links with experts in the field, for example Prof Daniele Marchioni, in Verona, Italy and Prof John Dornhoffer in Arkansas, USA. I hold an Honorary Consultant appointment with the Ipswich Hospital where I perform complex reconstructive ear surgery alongside Mr Matthew Yung, an otology surgeon of international standing. I am passionate about teaching the new generation of surgeons and have been invited to join the faculty of ENT Masterclass, a charity delivering ENT training for senior trainees and junior consultants in the UK and internationally. Click here for more information: www.entmasterclass.com. I also teach in the Advance Cambridge Otology course (practical complex ear surgery course) and the Temporal Bone Dissection courses in Cambridge, Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital in London. I committed to ensuring that my patients get the best treatment available, supported by the latest research in the field. I am an active researcher and for my work I won the Xomed-Treace prize and a pump priming grant with the Otorhinolaryngology Research Society. I currently run a trial for transtympanic steroid injections (injections through the ear drum) for Meniere’s disease patients, a study for the genetics of cholesteatoma (chronic ear disease) and a study of the treatment of otitis external associated with eczema.

20th October 2017
Written by a patient at William Harvey Hospital

Ms Neumann is a very professional , caring and highly skilled surgeon. I am very grateful to be one of her patients.

5th September 2017
Written by a patient at William Harvey Hospital

The service my son received from this doctor was to an extremely high standard. A year after his operation and after still no response from his previous consultant, Dr Neumann apologised on their behalf and was quick to offer a new appointment. During this appointment she was very approachable and made me and my son feel at ease. She also listened to my concerns and fully looked over them. More importantly I didn't feel rushed. I fully trust Dr Neumann and her professional judgement and am happy for her to be sons consultant for her up coming operation.

16th August 2017
Written by a carer at William Harvey Hospital

Ms Neumann provided excellent care for our 18 month daughter who required grommets. Like any parents we were anxious at the thought of surgery on a young child but she gave us great confidence with her careful and considered approach explaining her thought process clearly.

16th August 2017
Written by a carer at William Harvey Hospital

My daughter, now 8 years old, has had two operations by Ms Neumann and I would like to thank her and the nursing staff at William Harvey Hospital Ashford for the excellent care and treatment my daughter received

8th August 2017
Written by a carer at William Harvey Hospital

My daughter was referred to the William Harvey hospital for ear issues after we moved home (up to then there had been long and frankly unsuccessful trips to our then doctors/consultant resulting in not much and hearing worsening month after months). The first meeting with Mrs Neumann went better than we anticipated. We came out armed with more knowledge of the condition than ever before and we came out with a plan going forward.. (more than that we came out optimistic for the future - something we hadn't even dared to hope for). My daughter has now been with Wonderful Ms N (as we nicknamed her) for several years, 5 operations (all of which were over 6 long hours) reconstruction of canal/bones to both inner ears (including one op to rectify what the previous hospital had done badly/wrong)! The appointment this week had my daughter in tears as Wonderful Ms N confirmed that instead of looking at living with no more than 40% overall hearing or hearing aids etc she now has 'perfect hearing' in BOTH ears..not to mention scars that will never show (more important to a 14 yr old than you would believe!) I'm sorry if this is long winded but truly I cannot praise this consultant or her work high enough. She has an amazing way about her it exudes empathy and understanding and she is clearly updating her knowledge constantly with new surgical practices to ensure her patients get the best treatment for their needs. As a worried parent to meet someone with such an understanding and empathic nature is so calming and reassuring it's such a weight off your shoulders knowing your child is not only in good hands but in the BEST hands. x

Short link to review Ms Codruta Neumann: http://iwgc.net/ef4m3