Ms Codruta Neumann

After completing my basic surgical training on the South Coast, I have dedicated some time to research in ENT. For a year I worked in the world renowned Sanger Institute in Cambridge, studying the genetics of age related hearing loss. I was then selected for Higher Specialist Training in Ear Nose and Throat Surgery in the East of England Rotation. This included training at prestigious university teaching hospitals such as Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge. Through competitive entry I have been awarded the Cambridge Otology Fellowship. This is where I completed my sub-speciality training in complex otology (ear surgery), ear implantation (cochlear implants and other hearing implants) and balance disorders. I hold a Master of Science degree in Evidence Based Medicine and Health Technology Assessment. I was appointed as an ENT Consultant with the East Kent Hospitals NHS Trust in Feb 2014 and I am now running a busy ENT general practice for children and adults, as well as a specialist practice for ear disorders and balance. Since my appointment as a Consultant I continued to develop my expertise by visiting international centres of ENT excellence and maintaining close links with experts in the field, for example Prof Daniele Marchioni, in Verona, Italy and Prof John Dornhoffer in Arkansas, USA. I hold an Honorary Consultant appointment with the Ipswich Hospital where I perform complex reconstructive ear surgery alongside Mr Matthew Yung, an otology surgeon of international standing. I am passionate about teaching the new generation of surgeons and have been invited to join the faculty of ENT Masterclass, a charity delivering ENT training for senior trainees and junior consultants in the UK and internationally. Click here for more information: www.entmasterclass.com. I also teach in the Advanced Cambridge Otology course (practical complex ear surgery course) and the Temporal Bone Dissection courses in Cambridge, Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital in London. ENT UK, the professional body of Ear Nose and Throat Surgeons in the UK, has awarded me the International Otology Travelling Fellowship for 2018 as recognition to the high quality service provided to my patients and my dedication to improvement of my surgical skills. This will enable me to spend two weeks with Prof Erwin Offeciers and his world renowned team of ear surgeons in Antwerp, Belgium,learning a novel technique for reconstructive ear surgery. I am committed to ensuring that my patients get the best treatment available, supported by the latest research in the field. I am an active researcher and for my work I won the Xomed-Treace prize and a pump priming grant with the Otorhinolaryngology Research Society. I have run a trial for transtympanic steroid injections (injections through the ear drum) for Meniere’s disease patients.I currently run a study for the genetics of cholesteatoma (chronic ear disease) and a study of the treatment of otitis external associated with eczema.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

13th February 2018
Written by a patient at William Harvey Hospital

Excellent efficient treatment

9th February 2018
Written by a patient at Kent and Canterbury Hospital

Ms. Neumann was my surgeon and follow up consultant for a Mastoid Obliteration and ossiculoplasty. The care and attention i received whilst in hospital and the consultations after the op were first class. The operation was a resounding success and the follow up consultations were performed with great care and attention to detail. Any questions or concerns i had about the operation or the aftercare were listened to and clearly answered by Ms. Neumann, leaving me feeling completely satisfied and confident that the operation would be successful. I have no complaints whatsoever about the quality of care and would highly recommend Ms. Neumann without hesitation.

31st January 2018
Written by a patient at Kent and Canterbury Hospital

Ms Neumann is an exceptional surgeon. Her diagnosis is very good and she is able to articulate the diagnosis in layman terms for the benefit of patients. She is approachable and responds well to patient queries.

27th January 2018
Written by a patient at William Harvey Hospital

Individual and thoughtful consultation

25th January 2018
Written by a patient at Kent and Canterbury Hospital

A very pleasant manner good English ,careing and listens to you and appears very caring in her work I could not have been treated better.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »