Ms Codruta Neumann

After completing my basic surgical training on the South Coast, I have dedicated some time to research in ENT. For a year I worked in the world renowned Sanger Institute in Cambridge, studying the genetics of age related hearing loss. I was then selected for Higher Specialist Training in Ear Nose and Throat Surgery in the East of England Rotation. This included training at prestigious university teaching hospitals such as Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge. Through competitive entry I have been awarded the Cambridge Otology Fellowship. This is where I completed my sub-speciality training in complex otology (ear surgery), ear implantation (cochlear implants and other hearing implants) and balance disorders. I hold a Master of Science degree in Evidence Based Medicine and Health Technology Assessment. I was appointed as an ENT Consultant with the East Kent Hospitals NHS Trust in Feb 2014 and I am now running a busy ENT general practice for children and adults, as well as a specialist practice for ear disorders and balance. Since my appointment as a Consultant I continued to develop my expertise by visiting international centres of ENT excellence and maintaining close links with experts in the field, for example Prof Daniele Marchioni, in Verona, Italy and Prof John Dornhoffer in Arkansas, USA. I hold an Honorary Consultant appointment with the Ipswich Hospital where I perform complex reconstructive ear surgery alongside Mr Matthew Yung, an otology surgeon of international standing. I am passionate about teaching the new generation of surgeons and have been invited to join the faculty of ENT Masterclass, a charity delivering ENT training for senior trainees and junior consultants in the UK and internationally. Click here for more information: www.entmasterclass.com. I also teach in the Advanced Cambridge Otology course (practical complex ear surgery course) and the Temporal Bone Dissection courses in Cambridge, Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital in London. ENT UK, the professional body of Ear Nose and Throat Surgeons in the UK, has awarded me the International Otology Travelling Fellowship for 2018 as recognition to the high quality service provided to my patients and my dedication to improvement of my surgical skills. This will enable me to spend two weeks with Prof Erwin Offeciers and his world renowned team of ear surgeons in Antwerp, Belgium,learning a novel technique for reconstructive ear surgery. I am committed to ensuring that my patients get the best treatment available, supported by the latest research in the field. I am an active researcher and for my work I won the Xomed-Treace prize and a pump priming grant with the Otorhinolaryngology Research Society. I have run a trial for transtympanic steroid injections (injections through the ear drum) for Meniere’s disease patients.I currently run a study for the genetics of cholesteatoma (chronic ear disease) and a study of the treatment of otitis external associated with eczema.

5th October 2018
Written by a patient at Kent and Canterbury Hospital

Very informative on all aspects at technical and informal levels. No questions avoided or glossed over. I came away fully satisfied with all the outcomes and all possibilities had been discussed. Plan of future treatment was made clear and agreed. I recommend this Doctor to anyone.

3rd October 2018
Written by a patient at William Harvey Hospital

I have skin allergies that has caused problems with infections in my ears Ms Neumann realised the antibiotic drops that I was being treated with was possible making the problem worse, which was confirmed when she arranged for me to be allergy tested. Ms Neumann then fought hard for me to receive antibiotics that contained alternative ingredients. I visited the William Harvey weekly whilst Ms Neumann worked with a colleague to maintain the external ear canal and my hearing, unfortunately this was not possible. I have now received a Soundbridge, which is new technology available, this involves an operation with an implant being attached to my skull and inner ear. Ms Neumann explained all the options to me and I was given to to decide what would be the best option for me. On the day of the operation Ms Neumann spent time with me before the operation and after to explain what would happen and then reassure me that everything went well. The care I received from Ms Neumann has been more than I would have expected from a consultant surgeon. I also know that had I not received treatment from Ms Neumann I would not have been fortunate enough to now have the Soundbridge. This has made a tremendous difference to me, as even the other hearing aids I tried they did not give me the confidence I now have in some situations.

20th September 2018
Written by a patient at William Harvey Hospital

I have had hearing problems for many years.have had unsuccessfully operations with other consultants.Ms C Neumann is the best there is .She takes the best care of her patients and is always there to talk to you and makes you think you are very important to her .Would recommend her as the best .l only wish l had her to do my earlier operations,they would definitely have been successful.

13th February 2018

Excellent efficient treatment

9th February 2018
Written by a patient at Kent and Canterbury Hospital

Ms. Neumann was my surgeon and follow up consultant for a Mastoid Obliteration and ossiculoplasty. The care and attention i received whilst in hospital and the consultations after the op were first class. The operation was a resounding success and the follow up consultations were performed with great care and attention to detail. Any questions or concerns i had about the operation or the aftercare were listened to and clearly answered by Ms. Neumann, leaving me feeling completely satisfied and confident that the operation would be successful. I have no complaints whatsoever about the quality of care and would highly recommend Ms. Neumann without hesitation.

Nearest Otolaryngologists