Ms Codruta Neumann

After completing my basic surgical training on the South Coast, I have dedicated some time to research in ENT. For a year I worked in the world renowned Sanger Institute in Cambridge, studying the genetics of age related hearing loss. I was then selected for Higher Specialist Training in Ear Nose and Throat Surgery in the East of England Rotation. This included training at prestigious university teaching hospitals such as Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge. Through competitive entry I have been awarded the Cambridge Otology Fellowship. This is where I completed my sub-speciality training in complex otology (ear surgery), ear implantation (cochlear implants and other hearing implants) and balance disorders. I hold a Master of Science degree in Evidence Based Medicine and Health Technology Assessment. I was appointed as an ENT Consultant with the East Kent Hospitals NHS Trust in Feb 2014 and I am now running a busy ENT general practice for children and adults, as well as a specialist practice for ear disorders and balance. Since my appointment as a Consultant I continued to develop my expertise by visiting international centres of ENT excellence and maintaining close links with experts in the field, for example Prof Daniele Marchioni, in Verona, Italy and Prof John Dornhoffer in Arkansas, USA. I hold an Honorary Consultant appointment with the Ipswich Hospital where I perform complex reconstructive ear surgery alongside Mr Matthew Yung, an otology surgeon of international standing. I am passionate about teaching the new generation of surgeons and have been invited to join the faculty of ENT Masterclass, a charity delivering ENT training for senior trainees and junior consultants in the UK and internationally. Click here for more information: www.entmasterclass.com. I also teach in the Advance Cambridge Otology course (practical complex ear surgery course) and the Temporal Bone Dissection courses in Cambridge, Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital in London. ENT UK, the professional body of Ear Nose and Throat Surgeons in the UK, has awarded me the International Otology Travelling Fellowship for 2018 as recognition to the high quality service provided to my patients and my dedication to improvement of my surgical skills. This will enable me to spend two weeks with Prof Erwin Offeciers and his world renowned team of ear surgeons in Antwerp, Belgium,learning a novel technique for reconstructive ear surgery. I am committed to ensuring that my patients get the best treatment available, supported by the latest research in the field. I am an active researcher and for my work I won the Xomed-Treace prize and a pump priming grant with the Otorhinolaryngology Research Society. I have run a trial for transtympanic steroid injections (injections through the ear drum) for Meniere’s disease patients.I currently run a study for the genetics of cholesteatoma (chronic ear disease) and a study of the treatment of otitis external associated with eczema.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

19th January 2018
Written by a carer at William Harvey Hospital

Thorough examination and gave full information about my son’s condition. Gave us a plan of treatment and follow up appointments. Friendly and engaging with my son.

14th January 2018
Written by a carer at William Harvey Hospital

Ms Neumann has been looking after my 12 year old daughter for nearly a year after finding a cholesteatoma including performing a mastoidectomy and tympanoplasty on her. The surgery was explained as were the risks and goal. Ms Neumann explained everything beautifully and has built up a good relationship with my daughter. I feel my daughter is great and safe hands.

3rd January 2018
Written by a patient at William Harvey Hospital

I resently had an appointment with Ms Neumann at the William Harvey hospital. I found her very efficient and ready to listen to everything I had to say. Puts you at ease straight away. All together a good experience.

24th December 2017
Written by a carer at William Harvey Hospital

Dr Neumann really took the time to understand our situation. She didn't just fob us off but took time to listen and suggest different options. She talks to our son and makes him feel comfortable in her care.

21st December 2017
Written by a patient at Kent and Canterbury Hospital

On arrival at the clinic, was asked to have hearing test again which indicated no surprise for me the outcome. I have suffered with my ears for about 4 to 5 years over this period of time my hearing has deteriorated a lot, have seen Ms Newman now twice, I have found her a very pleasant person , and seems to be extremely proficient specialist. At my visit it was ascertained my hearing was worse in my right ear, as I cannot wear hearing aids due to frequent infections in both ears, a hearing adaption called a BaHa has been suggested by Ms Neumann, I questioned her about this, and she was very helpful explaining every detail and the pitfalls. I am on waiting list and was suggested a Baha trial I would recommend Ms Neumann as a very professional person. I found my visit to the clinic very pleasant with no pressure and very understanding staff I cannot see where any improvements could be done.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »