kent-and-canterbury-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 9,139 reviews Write a review

Kent and Canterbury Hospital

Ethelbert Road, Canterbury, Kent, England, CT1 3NG

17th June 2017

Marlowe Ward - Renal The actual nurses taking care of me were lovely. What can be improved - doctor to patient liaisons need to improve, they need to be more frequent and the doctor need to listen and understand what I am saying to them regarding how I'm feeling and what's hurting etc, And believe me too. A survey type thing is taken when you're first admitted asking about falls and if you need any help during your stay. It take about half an hour. Mine took a hour as the nurse was new which I don't mind but pleeeeaaaasssee get all the staff to read it. Every single staff member that came up to me kept asking me to jump out of bed or do something that i had specified in my notes I can't do. It gets really tiring having to e plain it to every single person who comes over to me and painfully e haunting for me to try and do what they're asking as they have no Luke about me. The medication write up needs to be better as they keep writing it up incorrectly as in what medicine it is, what dosage and time of day it needs to be taken. Pain medication needs to be prescribed during the stay and to carry on outside of the hospital especially post op. I wasn't prescribed any post op and I kept being told they were getting a doctor to write it up for me but it didn't happen. I ended up having to struggle through the night and most of the next day in pain. Then no pain meds were prescribed for when I left the hospital and/or no suggestion of what I should take. Nobody seemed to have a clue! And all I got was shrugged shoulders. The ward ran out of pillows whilst I was there, it took hours to get 1 pillow and the second pillow had to be stolen from another ward. I had 2 flat as a pancake pillows which resulted in a restless uncomfortable night (in pain without pain meds) and now my body pain is worse. Don't lie to me because it's what you think I want to hear. Don't tell me I'll be discharged by a certain time, or dialysed by a certain time if it's not true. I would rather full honesty up front that finding out hours later it isn't going to happen. The meals supplied need to have a low carb option for diabetics as I'm on an insulin pump and count carbs for it. All the meals suggested are packed with carbohydrates. A persons mental health needs to be considered as well as their physical health. Emotionally blackmailing me is disgusting. I suffer with anxiety and depression so yes I do what to get well again but if what is being proposed will damage my mental health then you need to think about that too. My stay in January ended up with me becoming deaf in my right ear due to the doctors and pharmacy not getting me ear drops fast enough (I was asking for 5 days!) and we had to go to the pharmacy ourselves to chase it too. Finally I was referred to ENT in Ashford (I live near Chatham) and then cantaerbury has wiped their hands clean of me. I'm STILL deaf. Someone please sort it out!

4th June 2017

Dr Nathan, Heather, Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy teams were amazing! I couldn't of asked for anything more, they were such a support throughout my treatment. They cared for each and every patient as individuals and without them I couldn't of got through it so thank you :) Mrs C Nickols

2nd June 2017

Whilst the care given is ok, there certainly isn't any tlc. Things happen without any prior knowledge to myself. The food served is terrible and most of the time what I ordered never arrived. I was given time to mend and drugs to support so great job here. I love the NHS so don't get me wrong I think they've just lost the human touch that time probably doesn't afford them.

30th May 2017

My dad had skin cancer he had already been in for an op in june 2016 then had radiotherapy in September but the pain was still mu dad told them of the pain no one listen to him then the lump came up in has ear dr nathan said do a biopsy to see what it was. This when he should of that the MRI AND CT Scan this was October he had to wait til Febuary til they done the scan which by this time was to last.

16th January 2017

Following on from my review of the great care recieved by my father under the care of Dr Anthony Beaumont on the 11/01/2017 I would like to express my sincere gratitude to all of the staff at the Kent and Canterbury Hospital who at very short notice rallied to facilitate my fathers surgery to remove a recurrent bowel tumour. Many of the staff stayed after their shift end in order that my father recieve treatment. My father was treated with the utmost respect and dignity by everyone he came in contact with. Our family would like to thank everyone who helped my father , not only the clinical staff but the clerical staff the catering team , the hospital porters and the domestic staff who always have time to offer a kind word when going about their duties.