mr-sanjay-trikha

Written by a patient at St Peter's Hospital
23rd February 2020

I saw Mr Trikha after I hurt my knee playing football. I had a very important physical test coming up and I was very concerned that I would not be fit or that I was injured to the point of not being able to do the test at all. Mr Trikha was very kind to me, he listened to my story and he did a really thorough exam of my knee. He understood the importance of this injury to me and he really helped me to feel less anxious. I had full xray and mri and everything I needed to be reassured. He gave me complete confidence in his ability to help me and I would, and have, recommended him to several of my friends

Written by a patient at New Victoria Hospital
23rd February 2020

I would highly recommend Mr Trikha for any knee problems. Having had pain in my right knee, that limited my running which I have always enjoyed, I was hopeful something could be done. I was recommended to see Mr Trikha who immediately made me feel at ease and who clearly knew exactly how to treat my condition. After a couple of appointments and an excellent physio referral, I am able to resume exercising and my everyday life without any pain or worry. I found Mr Trikha’s experienced expert approach very comforting and I knew I was in safe hands. I would recommend seeing Mr Trikha for any knee problems without any hesitation. Thank you for sorting my knee out Mr Trikha!

Written by a carer at St Peter's Hospital
23rd February 2020

My 14 year old son injured his knee badly playing rugby before Christmas. We went to see Mr Trikha after a recommendation from one of the mums at school. He explained everything to me and my husband and he was very gentle and kind to my son who was really anxious. He organised scans and suggested physiotherapy and a knee brace which is fantastic. My son is running again withthe brace and he is much happier. His knee is more stable and Mr Trikha is pleased and thinks he doesn’t need surgery. His expertise and skills instilled confidence from the outset and we immediately felt confident that our son was going to be getting the best care available. I have no hesitation in recommending Mr Trikha thanks for taking care of my son and his anxious parents!

Written by a carer at St Peter's Hospital
21st February 2020

Mr Trikha is clearly an accomplished surgeon and the surgery appears to have been successful. However, if you are feeling nervous about your injury and operation and/or need a caring surgeon, I would not recommend you see Mr Trikha. Even going privately, the longest my relative and I saw the surgeon for was about 5 minutes. I felt that we were ambushed into taking an operation slot without any time to reflect, and no time to ask any questions regarding the nature of the operation and recovery etc. In fact, Mr Trikha often cut us off mid questions and did not allow us to finish, shunting us out of the room whilst trying to force expensive additional equipment upon us. I was appalled at the lack of information, people skills and customer service - particularly as we went privately, and Mr Trikha is one of the more expensive consultants you can see. Mr Trikha is also not the kind of consultant who will give you any empathy. If these things don’t matter to you, then rest assured, Mr Trikha will do a good job of the operation. But if you are inquisitive and/or need some compassion, my advice is to keep on looking! I was left feeling stressed and in tears, and I wasn’t even the patient...

Written by a patient at Nuffield Health Woking Hospital
21st February 2020

I was diagnosed with osteo arthritis in both knees when I was 47. I held off for a couple of years and was referred to Mr Trikha last year. He was very concerned that I understood that a total knee replacement was a major operation and not to be taken lightly and spent a few appointments trying alternative solutions, including physio and steroid injections. When it was finally decided that the only real solution would be to replace my right knee joint he again made sure that I was clear as to what was involved. The actual operation happened at the Woking Nuffield hospital and went very smoothly. I have no idea what it looks like inside but the scar is as neat as could be expected and, 10 weeks later, he has signed me off with full extension and very good flexion. And no pain in that knee which is the most important thing. I am again cycling and using the gym and my dog is happy to be getting proper walks again. I still need to have the other knee done and will without hesitation get Mr Trikha to perform that operation as well when the time comes. Thank you,

Mr Paul Trikha was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

Dedicated Specialist Knee Surgeon Consultant Knee Surgeon at Surrey Orthopaedic Clinic. Associate Divisional Director at Ashford and St. Peter's NHS Foundation Trust. Reconstructive surgery for sports injuries, meniscus (cartilage) and knee ligament (ACL) injury Latest surgical treatment techniques for both early and advanced knee arthritis. Expertise in the latest minimally-invasive arthroscopy or ‘key-hole’ surgery techniques Comprehensive specialist knee service for patella (kneecap) problems and knee preserving/replacement surgery including partial and total knee replacement.

Nearest Paediatric surgeons