st-peters-hospital-1
1 2 3 4 5 56,088 reviews Write a review

St Peter's Hospital

Guildford Road, Chertsey, Surrey, England, KT16 0PZ

19th April 2018

I was treated with dignity, respect, kindness and as an individual by all members of staff who, at the same time, were very helpful and friendly. The consultant(s), doctors took the trouble to keep my wife and son informed and answered their questions in an open fashion. The non-medical specialists were all also very caring and attentive.

19th April 2018

Downside is the signage to the dept, but once in the dept, the appointments run on and are very thorough. Treatment is excellent, considered and progressive. Extremely helpful, friendly and considerate staff.

17th April 2018

A thank you to all the team with my procedure on the 12/4/18. Special thanks to Carl, who greeted me at the Admission Lounge and was so lovely, putting me at ease, to Al and Kristen who collected me from the Admissions Lounge and led me through what was going to happen next, to Dr R Davies - who was just fantastic - professional, emphatic, clear and I had total confidence in Dr R Davies, then to the theatre team who were always on hand to answer any questions, Please can you ensure that these positive comments are passed on to the relevant, service, team and staff - thank you

16th April 2018

As an emergency admission I felt both myself and my husband were kept well informed about my condition and care pathway. There were some challenging patients on the ward when I was there (challenging in terms of both medical and complex mental health/social care challenges) and the staff worked really hard to ensure that all patients received a very good standard of care and not allowing some of the more demanding patients to monopolise the care team’s time. I did however witness some of the overnight Healthcare Assistant agency staff not fully understanding some of the tasks that they were supposed to perform - specific examples being that I had an NG tube in and when I questioned why the Agency HCA why they had only emptied the bag and not aspirated the tube she looked at me completely blankly. I did insist that she find out about what needed to be done and I am glad that I did because when a colleague showed her how to aspirate the tube over 100mls of fluid came out and once that happened my nausea subsided. There was another example where I asked an Agency HCA to check my catheter because I was experiencing tummy pain and a feeling like I needed to pass urine, she said it was fine but again when I followed up it seemed that the tube was kinked and had not been draining properly.

16th April 2018

I cannot speak highly enough regarding the supreme care I received in your MAU unit at St Peters hospital. I was admitted on Friday 13th April after a mild Mini Stroke and spent 3 days in Bay 6 where I received superb care. The staff in this ward are unbelievable and cannot do enough for patients. The numerous tests I had to undergo were carried out by superb staff and I was treated with great respect and kept well informed. Unfortunately the only experience that ruined my visit was the nightmare in A&E reception.I spent approximately 9 hours in a very crowded area similar to being in Heathrow terminal during a pilots strike. The A&E is massively understaffed. The poor nurses and Dr’s are worked to the bone and deserve a medal. The waiting area had 6 police officers and 2 prison wardens with a prisoner taking up chairs and room for hours being of much more use on the streets. The corridors had 8 trolleys waiting with 10 or so ambulance staff waiting around with empty ambulances standing around. I appreciate. The assessment area has been enlarged but is still far to small. The assessment nurses were under pressure but worked hard but there is a shortage of Dr’s on duty. Eventually I was seen by Dr Charlotte Jones the night staff. She is absolutely incredible and St Peter’s is lucky to have her. She is a credit to the unit. Something must be done regarding the cramped conditions. Maybe a limit ( enforced ) reducing the number of relatives attending and waiting with patients . I also appreciate that a lot of people are there wanting Hospital attention for minor scratches and abrasions. The police numbers must be reduced wasting time in your hospital rather than being doing there work outside.As an ex police office I estimated that 16/20 hours duty outside for these officers were wasted. The A&E chaos really lets St Peters down. Dr Jonathon Robins unit is superb in the medical assessment unit and really cannot be bettered. The staff saved the day and are wonderful. I am most grateful for the care I received. P. A. Bird Hospital No.433485P. Admitted 13/04/18. Discharged 15/04/18