st-peters-hospital-1

Guildford Road, Chertsey, Surrey, England, KT16 0PZ

1 2 3 4 5 68,972 reviews

Review of General Surgery,
10th September 2022

I was referred to ESAC following a missed miscarriage for surgical management. I was (and am) raw with grief - tears running down my face, it's not hidden. Only 1 person (one of the care team in theatre, Viran?) showed any compassion and held my arm. Everyone else treated me with business-like efficiency. All it would have taken is a kind smile, "I'm so sorry", a gentle touch to help me feel human. My surgery was delayed (I understand) but no one talked to me. And the doctor didn't even bother to see me to say how it went after surgery. I had to read the medic discharge notes to find out. Afterwards I had to recover on a mixed ward, I know space is limited but I was bleeding and the curtains weren't even pulled close - there was no privacy.

Show some compassion for women going through miscarriage, we're heartbroken over the loss of our baby. Consider whether they can recover in a "women only" space. See people after surgery.

Review of Neurology - St Peter's ,
18th May 2022

I was treated by Dr Vijay Nar. This feedback is in respect to the care I received from him specifically. I am extremely grateful to Dr Nar for taking my health problems seriously. He was meticulous, thorough and detail oriented which is what I needed. He didn't rush me at all. I was able to explain everything and ask as many questions as I wanted. Unfortunately many of the doctors I have interacted with in the past 12 months have been dismissive of my health problems despite them having destroyed my life. Dr Nar was the first doctor who genuinely cared for my health. He looked at the problems holistically and set out a clear plan. There has been a marked improvement in my condition since I saw him. The medication he prescribed coupled with the knowledge that I am in good hands has helped to ease my anxiety. It will take some months to get better but I am cautiously optimistic that it will happen eventually. Thank you Dr Nar.

N/A

Review of Urgent Treatment Centre - Children,
27th April 2022

He was made to wait to be triaged when he had already waited and been triaged at a previous hospital.

We had already been triaged at a previous hospital but then was made to wait to be triaged again.

Parent Dignity
Suitable Location
Review of Paediatric A&E - St Peter's,
13th January 2022

We were asked to attend A&E as my daughter's haemoglobin was 50. This is low enough for a transfusion, however with the processes via A&E we avoided this and she is being treated as an outpatient. We were reviewed by 3 senior paediatric professionals, who were clearly very busy. My daughter had repeat bloods. And ECG, and ultrasound and an outpatient appointment given to us within 3 weeks. Lovely staff, clean tidy unit and my daughter was kept informed and calm throughout. Well done to all NHS staff who continue great work.

We were in the hospital for 9 hours, and our wait was mainly for the appropriate person to give us the clear to go home. However this was probably unavoidable.

Parent Dignity
Suitable Location
Review of Maxillofacial - St Peter's,
7th December 2021

My 13 year old son had two teeth extracted today and we could not fault the service. The whole team were superb from start to finish, they made us both feel at ease and were entirely professional and I knew my son was in very safe hands

Absolutely nothing!

Review of CT Scannning - St Peter's,
6th November 2021

The service was efficient and professional Each action was explained and any effects described

My appointment was on Saturday morning and there seemed to be no staff or volunteers available to assist with finding the department and knowing whether I needed to register etc. This is a very small criticism as i did eventually find some signage.

Review of Musculoskeletal - St Peter's,
1st November 2021

Injured my knee running on 23 Oct and was contacted by the MSK team 3 days later to offer me a follow up at Mr Trikha’s ‘hot knee clinic’. Very impressed with the proactive approach that meant I didn’t have to go to my GP and wait weeks to see a consultant. Saw Mr Trikha this morning. Clinic running to time. A short but perfectly satisfactory appt. was told surgery was unnecessary and I would be referred for physio. Very impressed with the whole experience from start to finish. Mr Trikha mentioned he had 88 people to see in clinic this morning! I still felt he had time for me. Thank you

Nothing. I was very impressed. As an aside, we parked in the main car park and a very helpful volunteer at the main entrance told us to park near A&E. maybe the appointment letter should give this information?

Safe Way

{{category}} working at St Peter's Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review St Peter's Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb43v