st-peters-hospital-1
1 2 3 4 5 50,038 reviews Write a review

St Peter's Hospital

Guildford Road, Chertsey, Surrey, England, KT16 0PZ

22nd November 2017

I had fallen and broken my wrist whilst visiting my daughter who brought me to A&E at St Peters Hospital, all the staff have been amazing and extremely kind and in some cases quite funny keeping me cheerful. I was referred to Ashford Hospital to have surgery and a plate put in to my wrist. I have received excellent care throughout and wanted to say thank you. I am now back home in Lincolnshire and able to continue living independently.

22nd November 2017

Totally understand that the department was completely busy but no one kept my daughter informed of my care. She highlighted that I was in pain post a fall at my home and they did not examine my arm - am still in pain. Was then taken from A&E to MAU and my daughter was informed that I would be reviewed and discharged once I had my discharge drugs, reviewed by neurology and seen a physio. That was 14:30 in the two hours that I was left there, no one communicated with my daughter on my condition, no one came to see me and it completely stressed me out as I have a clinical phobia about hospitals. At 18:30 I walked, not steady on my feet and in pain but I did not want to be left there especially as no one bothered with me even though we had reassurances from the head of A&E who transferred me to MAU. A complete and utter shambles and not how patients are supposed to be treated under your charter. I have been into St Peter's many times and honestly this time was appalling a complete and utter shambles. As I said I am still in pain and am struggling relying completely on my daughter.

22nd November 2017

The whole idea of the OSD is excellent, providing a transition from hospital to home that used not to be in place. All the team that I saw were brilliant, checking on my medical, phyical and safety needs and encouraging me to do the right things to help my fracture heal. The only thing that wasn't thought out at the outset (but was rapidly sort out) was the need (in a 2-storey house) for an extra crutch and for a second loo-frame (for the downstairs loo). I didn't think about this at the time, as I'd only thought about the first 2 or 3 days before I'd mastered the stairs. I'll make a separate feedback about discharge from the hospital.

22nd November 2017

Earlier appointments Wud b a help say around around 10am onward mon to Thurs as must work on fri/sat

18th November 2017

Many thanks to my colleagues in Ashford Day Surgery Unit. I was treated with dignity and respect. Everyone was friendly with just the right amount of humour to help with any nerves. I was given clear information all the way through my journey and my pain was well controlled. The whole system was efficient and I was home by mid afternoon with pain killers, a sick note and after care instructions . The whole team made the experience so much easier. 5 stars Day surgery .