st-peters-hospital-1

St Peter's Hospital

Guildford Road, Chertsey, Surrey, England, KT16 0PZ

1 2 3 4 5 69,209 reviews

26th April 2021

We were unfortunate enough to have to visit the urgent treatment centre on a friday evening not ideal, however we were then lucky enough to be dealt with by Dr Sameer Khan the senior registrar who was excellent and very efficient and made the whole experience a lot more bearable. Cannot thank Dr Khan and all the staff enough.

Safe
Review of AECU - St Peter's,
17th April 2021

My GP wanted me to go to A&E yesterday to have my leg checked for a potential DVT. My breast care nurse then arranged for me to attend AECU instead, notifying them I would attend. AECU was much better than A&E for a complaint like this, especially as I have been shielding due to an underlying serious health condition. I felt reassured that I was less likely to come into contact with Covid19 in AECU, a smaller unit, which felt calm, clean, relaxed, staff were all lovely yet very busy. Blood tests and an ultrasound of my leg were done - thankfully all clear. I was home within 2 and a half hours, brilliant service! Nurses / health care assistants and the doctor were all professional, kind and took time to listen to me.

Perhaps better signage to the unit? I thought it was at the entrance to the Duchess of Kent wing, but it was at the other side of the hospital. Other than that, I was completely satisfied with my experience.

Review of AECU - St Peter's,
12th April 2021

Time (always an issue) taken was TOTALLY UNDERSTANDABLE - 100%. This dept. is just 1 cog in the huge NHS machine yet managed to call together all the 5 or 6 or more tests I needed. How do they do it? Cheerful kind and informative. Magic beings.

Sweet Fanny Adams - I mean short of having an extra £100,000,000,000, yes I mean that, there is nothing they could have done better. Saints.

2nd April 2021

The nursing staff were very help and patient at all times. The ward sempt well organised and clean. Staff were always willing to help even at their buisiest times.

Safe
20th March 2021

Nov 2019 I arrived in A&E sent from Woking Community Hospital as they had no doctors. I was generally confused and not feeling well. My daughter took me. Sat around for a while. Then dr admitted me. My daughter was not told why but later in a telephone call was told I had sepcis. Inpatient for a week+ very well cared for. Several follow-up scans. Dec 2020 GP sent me after noticing a problem with a heart monitor. Prompt diagnosis in A&E and follow -up 24 hour test. Now due for heart monitor. Considering the backlog of patients generally I am very grateful for my speedy treatment. Thank you Dr Peter Wilkinson

Review of Neurology - St Peter's ,
26th February 2021

Hi, I have been suffering from Carpnal tunnel issue more than a year now and there is tingling , numbness and burning in my hands almost everyday. I also have chronic lower back pain more than 5 years now. Unfortunatley, I have been let down and still dont know what will happen next. Simple blood test report I got after 3 months and I chansed them 3 times for simple report. Almost every night i wake up due to my hands and have many sleepless nights. Not happy. Abd

Give Patient complete clear plan how will you handle disease.

Review of Physiotherapy - St Peter's,
10th February 2021

I was referred to this department from Gynae. outpatients, and have received all the information I needed to know at each stage of my treatment so far.

Safe Way
Written by a private patient
10th February 2021

Had a CT colonography at St Peter’s. The staff were incredible kind and professional. They carried out, what is an undignified procedure for the patient, very respectfully and were proficient at all aspects of the preparation. It all happened on time. The staff I saw , Emma and Arturo, constantly checked on my well-being and brought me coffee and a biscuit at the end.

7th February 2021

I attended A&E as a walk-in patient with chest pains, so was very concerned and nervous. I was seen quickly, even though ambulances were arriving every few minutes. Everyone I met was kind, friendly, reassuring and at every stage of my assessment they explained what was going to happen. I was particularly impressed that the clinicians told me how long my rest results would take to be returned, which took a lot of the stress out of waiting. Covid-19 precautions were very much in evidence and the waiting area was heavily segregated with little booths for each patient. This was not what I had come to think of as a typical A&E experience; and I would reassure anyone who is nervous of attending the emergency department in these difficult times not to be concerned.

6th February 2021

Attended emergency minor injuries at around 5.30pm after calling 111 who booked me in. I was in a lot of pain after a fall and had injuries to my shoulder, knee and ankle. Admittedly I didn’t have to wait long for triage, and saw a doctor within a couple of hours. The doctor seemed tired and barely examined me sending me for x rays on my ankle and shoulder, he stated that when I came back from X ray I would probably see a different doctor. I duly went for my X-ray and there seem to be some dispute over whether my ankle X-ray had been asked for, I pleaded with the X-ray dept please would they do the X-ray as I was in a lot of pain and it was very swollen ( I did notice that when I had previously been with the doctor earlier he had some trouble in entering the data for the X-ray requirement) An X-ray was done on my shoulder and ankle and I returned to the minor injuries block. I waited another hour or so to be seen, but was not seen by a doctor, instead the lady who was doing the triage called me in and told me that nothing was broken, but there was a suspicion that I had damaged my shoulder, I was put in a sling and told someone from orthopaedics would call me in the morning. I received a email next day with some physio exercises and was told there was a small break in one of the bones in my ankle which should heal without further treatment. The injury to my knee was never discussed or looked into.

{{category}} working at St Peter's Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review St Peter's Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb43v