Mr Parag Jaiswal

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

5th October 2017
Written by a patient at Guy's Hospital

From my first consultation in February 2017 to surgery in August Mr Jaiswal has always been very understanding and made sure I understood the pros and cons. On operation day and my stay in Guys I have had first class care led by Mr Jaiswal and his team. If ever I needed further orthopaedic treatment I would not hesitate to request him, a kind and caring surgeon .

28th September 2017
Written by a patient at Guy's Hospital

Both before and after my hip operation Mr Jaiswal was both friendly and professional. He explained in great detail what my operation entailed, both positive and negative. I would like him to replace my other hip when the time comes!

26th September 2017
Written by a patient at Guy's Hospital

I required total hip replacement after longstanding distortion to pelvis from an accident. The op enabled early mobility and discharge less than 48 hours afterwards. Mr Jaiswal understood my ambition to return to sport and corrected unequal leg length, also arranged for long physio programme which enabled an early return. A feature of his care was his obvious delight in both the outcome of the surgery and my success in resuming my sport.

26th September 2017
Written by a patient at Guy's Hospital

I am in my mid fifties and was suffering form osteoathiritis in the left hip with a significant leg length discrepancy. At the initial consultation with Mr Jaiswal late last year he explained my condition very clearly and the treatment options. I was nervous about a hip replacement but Mr Jaiswal patiently demsytified the whole process, advised me on the potential risks and answered all my questions with great patience. Because I could still mobilise at the time of the consultation he gave me the option of a follow-up appointment a few months down the line. However, my condition deteriorated significantly, I had the most pronounced limp, was in extreme discomfort and could barely walk. Mr Jaiswal was able to see me again at short notice. Once I decided to have the hip replacement I must say the whole experience from pre-op tests, education, provision of therapeutic equipment, the surgery itself and post-op care has been second to none. I would highly recommend Mr Jaiswal as a surgeon par excellence. After the operation, he came to see me personally to confirm that the operation went well. My recovery has been swift. At the 6 week follow-up appointment I was shown x-rays of the hip and, even as a lay person, can testify to the quality of his work. This is borne out by the fact that less than 3 months after the operation, I am able to fully mobilise and am not experiencing any pain or discomfort in the new joint. Amazingly my limp has completely disappeared and the there is now virtually no difference in leg length. As a keen sportsman, I will soon be getting back into training thanks to the magnificent treatment and care I have received from the Guys Orthopaedic Service.

15th September 2017
Written by a patient at Guy's Hospital

I have been massively impressed with Mr Jaiswal throughout my treatment (I first saw him in Feb 17). Attentive and understanding at all times; he explained things extremely clearly, outlined my options and I always felt that the patient came first. I was particularly impressed with the amount of time he gave all his patients during ward rounds (he seemed to visit more often than other consultants). My surgery was, apparently, not straight forward but I have made a good recovery and I am delighted with the treatment I have received. I can not recommend Mr Jaiswal highly enough.

Short link to review Mr Parag Jaiswal: http://iwgc.net/egdfi