Mr Parag Jaiswal

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

25th February 2017
Written by a carer at Guy's Hospital

My mother had a hip replacement in December 2016. She received very good care and Dr Jaiswal was very sympathetic and considerate with his expectations of an 83 year old woman.

24th February 2017
Written by a patient at Guy's Hospital

This is the fifth joint replacement I have had and my second hip replacement. I therefore have a lot of experience of being treated by orthopaedic surgeons. Mr Jaiswal is right up there with the best of them. During our first meeting he came across as confident but not arrogant and caring but not sentimental - a good and reassuring balance. He also took the time to talk me through every aspect of the procedure from admission to pre-op and operation to post-op. He delivered what he promised. Mr Jaiswal also had the benefit of an excellent support team from the admissions nurse to his Registrar and Anaesthetist and theatre staff. At every stage of the procedure I was given all the information I asked for and all the reassurance I needed. And since the procedure I have made a good recovery. Thank you.

17th February 2017
Written by a carer at Guy's Hospital

Dr Jaiswal was friendily, professional and carefully explained the procedure without completely frightening my mum. He was firm, but kind enough to make my mum realise that she needed the surgery. He made us feel that we were in good hands and that it would work out for the best.

9th February 2017
Written by a patient at Guy's Hospital

We are fortunate to have Dr Jaiswal in Guys & St Thomas NHS. Not only is he a skilled surgeon he has a gold standard professional approach. I had been in excruciating, chronic pain since late 2015 following a slip, resulting in a Labral tissue tear. Whilst the road has been a long one once I met Dr Jaiswal I was confident that I had come into contact with the right person to take action and make a positive, real difference to me and therefore improve my quality of life. Whilst I would have preferred not to have needed a full hip replacement, from the outset of the first meeting he was decisive, clear what needed to be done and clear on outcomes, balanced with risks associated with the surgery. I had lived with chronic pain for so long but am now at the 6th week since the surgery, it is fantastic that I am pain free in my hip/leg and that is down to Dr Jaiswal. I would also like to commend the team in the Orthopaedics ward including the other doctors, nursing staff, Physio's, Occupational Therapist and catering team who were all magnificent, nothing was too much, very attentive, personable and respectful professionals. The team is clearly ably led and co-ordinated and are a credit in providing excellent care in the NHS. Long may it continue. High regards Jenny

4th February 2017
Written by a patient at Guy's Hospital

Mr Jaiswal made a big and positive impression with me and my husband, who was to be my carer, from the start. He began the first meeting by listening to how my life had been affected by the pain I had lived with for nearly two years. He then carefully explained how the x-rays showed why I had experienced the pain and why the hip-replacement operation was necessary to remove the pain. Mr Jaiswal then walked me through the operation and the pre and post op procedures. Finally, he told me he could operate within six weeks, which I was not expecting, and so I began to question whether an operation was the only way. Mr Jaiswal was quick to recognise my anxiety and to make it clear that an operation was the only way of removing the pain on a permanent and drug free basis. Mr Jaiswal patiently answered all of our questions and, throughout our meeting, combined the serious side with a lovely sense of humour. The day of the operation was a long one but throughout, I was wonderfully cared for and Mr Jaiswal was caring and sensitive to me and my operation, whilst having a full day of several other commitments. I attended my six week meeting yesterday and was reassured to learn all was well.

Short link to review Mr Parag Jaiswal: http://iwgc.net/egdfi