Mr Pinak Ray

Mr Ray is a full time Orthopaedic Consultant based in Barnet and Chase Farm Hospital, a part of the Royal Free NHS Trust. He specialises in foot and ankle surgery. His other specialisations involve sports injuries of the lower limb. He is a trauma surgeon with on call commitments in his NHS trust and deals with all fractures of the upper and lower limb. Mr Ray provides a comprehensive foot, ankle and sports injuries service in the private sector in North London. He has been a consultant for more than 12 years and has a wealth of experience and knowledge. He lives in North London with his wife who is an Orthopaedic surgeon as well . He has two grown up boys who are in University. Older boy studied in HABS and the younger in St ALBANS boys school. He is a keen golfer and plays in Hadley Wood Golf Club. In his spare time he is known for his "culinary skills".

« 1 2 3 4 »

11th March 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Bushey Hospital

I have been under Mr Ray's care now for over 10 years firstly with ankle problems which required injections, ankle repair and ankle reconstruction everything was explained perfectly, the care before and after surgery was fantastic and Mr Ray is never quick to rush into surgery either he will leave it until its absoloutely necessary. I of course trust Mr Ray he is always so happy, caring, kind, considerate and is truly a FANTASTIC orthopedic consultant and despite the ongoing care I couldn't recommend him higher to others because he truly is a fantastic consultant and a lovely person. If you ever need an emergency appointment his secretary Mary is also charming and usually is able to fit you in as an emergency before the clinic starts so if you have first appointment (rare) because his clinic is always full up for weeks in advance sometimes you have to wait but its without a doubt worth it.

27th February 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Bushey Hospital

I have been under Mr Ray's care for almost 10 years now for longstanding ankle/knee problems and I CANNOT fault him at all because the care is fantastic! I have had an ankle repair in 08, ankle reconstruction in 2010, ankle injections, knee injections and still currently under his care for a longstanding knee problem. Mr Ray is truly an AMAZING orthopedic consultant and I am so glad I saw this website so I can leave a 100% honest review of the amazing care I have received for so many years! If you ever need an orthopedic consultant go and see Mr Ray my ankle was in a very bad way and thank goodness now its all healed up all thanks to his incredible work that he does

10th July 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Kings Oak Hospital

I had ankle reconstruction surgery and Mr Ray put me at ease. I had the op 18th March was home the same day. Excellent service. Mr Ray kept me in the loop the whole way through. Can highly recommend him.

26th June 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Kings Oak Hospital

Having had arthritis for many years particularly in my foot and being told that it was wear and tear I asked to be referred to a specialist. How glad I am that I ended up seeing Mr Ray.He suggested an injection in my foot to avoid painful surgery. It was highly successful and I have been totally pain free since where as before I could hardly walk without severe pain. His friendliness and attitude are wonderful and put you completely at ease. Thank you Mr Ray.

31st May 2017
Written by a patient at Barnet Hospital

I recently had a Total Ankle replacement (T.A.R). Mr Pinak Ray was my consultant surgeon. His skill and holistic approach meant he was the consummate professional at all times. The pre operation appointments and conversations with Mr Ray were clear and focused on what would happen and how we could function at home. The detail of the operation and how we would cope especially in the first two weeks after the operation, when I could not weight bare on the ankle replacement was excellent. Mr Ray lead the team during the operation and everyone followed his mannered fashion, from his secretaries, private and NHS to the staff in Chase Farm and the lead physiotherapist Ian Jones. The operation was a total success and the hospital stay was caring and efficient, from the student nurse Bella to the porters. All the staff I was involved with were professional and thoughtful in their approach towards me and in carrying out their duties. Since the operation we have had two appointment with Mr Ray and Ian Jones. In these sessions, (although obviously very busy schedules, both were able to help us see how well the recovery was going using x-rays and physiotherapy information and appointments. Mr Ray discussed how the operation was a success and showed the replacement was settling with the x-rays, he also reassured us that the operation recovery was on target and the recovery period timing. Ian Jones was able to answer our concerns re the exercises in physiotherapy and listened carefully to our questions. I have been delighted with Mr Ray's excellent skills and attitude towards patients. His staff obviously follow Mr Ray's lead on how to care for and communicate with the patients because they all excel in patient care. I am the road to recovery and can walk for a short period of time without crutches or walking frame. Robin Naylor Long. The only tiny suggestion I would make to help patients- is that patients need to be warned that although the recovery period is explained clearly it is not necessarily a straight improvement - there will be many good days but alongside this there are certain days that feel like you go slightly backwards in your recovery or at least not moving forward with the recovery.

« 1 2 3 4 »