Mr Pinak Ray

Mr Ray is a full time Orthopaedic Consultant based in Barnet and Chase Farm Hospital, a part of the Royal Free NHS Trust. He specialises in foot and ankle surgery. His other specialisations involve sports injuries of the lower limb. He is a trauma surgeon with on call commitments in his NHS trust and deals with all fractures of the upper and lower limb. Mr Ray provides a comprehensive foot, ankle and sports injuries service in the private sector in North London. He has been a consultant for more than 12 years and has a wealth of experience and knowledge. He lives in North London with his wife who is an Orthopaedic surgeon as well . He has two grown up boys who are in University. Older boy studied in HABS and the younger in St ALBANS boys school. He is a keen golfer and plays in Hadley Wood Golf Club. In his spare time he is known for his "culinary skills".

10th July 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Kings Oak Hospital

I had ankle reconstruction surgery and Mr Ray put me at ease. I had the op 18th March was home the same day. Excellent service. Mr Ray kept me in the loop the whole way through. Can highly recommend him.

26th June 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Kings Oak Hospital

Having had arthritis for many years particularly in my foot and being told that it was wear and tear I asked to be referred to a specialist. How glad I am that I ended up seeing Mr Ray.He suggested an injection in my foot to avoid painful surgery. It was highly successful and I have been totally pain free since where as before I could hardly walk without severe pain. His friendliness and attitude are wonderful and put you completely at ease. Thank you Mr Ray.

31st May 2017
Written by a patient at Barnet Hospital

I recently had a Total Ankle replacement (T.A.R). Mr Pinak Ray was my consultant surgeon. His skill and holistic approach meant he was the consummate professional at all times. The pre operation appointments and conversations with Mr Ray were clear and focused on what would happen and how we could function at home. The detail of the operation and how we would cope especially in the first two weeks after the operation, when I could not weight bare on the ankle replacement was excellent. Mr Ray lead the team during the operation and everyone followed his mannered fashion, from his secretaries, private and NHS to the staff in Chase Farm and the lead physiotherapist Ian Jones. The operation was a total success and the hospital stay was caring and efficient, from the student nurse Bella to the porters. All the staff I was involved with were professional and thoughtful in their approach towards me and in carrying out their duties. Since the operation we have had two appointment with Mr Ray and Ian Jones. In these sessions, (although obviously very busy schedules, both were able to help us see how well the recovery was going using x-rays and physiotherapy information and appointments. Mr Ray discussed how the operation was a success and showed the replacement was settling with the x-rays, he also reassured us that the operation recovery was on target and the recovery period timing. Ian Jones was able to answer our concerns re the exercises in physiotherapy and listened carefully to our questions. I have been delighted with Mr Ray's excellent skills and attitude towards patients. His staff obviously follow Mr Ray's lead on how to care for and communicate with the patients because they all excel in patient care. I am the road to recovery and can walk for a short period of time without crutches or walking frame. Robin Naylor Long. The only tiny suggestion I would make to help patients- is that patients need to be warned that although the recovery period is explained clearly it is not necessarily a straight improvement - there will be many good days but alongside this there are certain days that feel like you go slightly backwards in your recovery or at least not moving forward with the recovery.

18th May 2017
Written by a patient at Barnet Hospital

The care and support i have been given by Mr Ray and his team has been excellent. We cannot express how grateful we are to him and all his support. Would recommend Mr Ray to anyone, very professional and a lovely man. Thank you!!

18th May 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Cavell Hospital

An absolutely great guy really positive and engaging unlike previous consultants I've experienced i would highly recommend him, he operated on my achilles tendon, saw me quickly and it was really stress free, even encouraged me to go back to the very sport thats caused me so much injury! really nice guy swell and always responded quickly to emails which is helpful!

Short link to review Mr Pinak Ray: http://iwgc.net/echjq