Mr Luke Cascarini

I am a Consultant Oral and Maxillofacial Head and Neck Consultant at Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital. Head and neck cancer resection and reconstructive surgeon with a special interest in micro surgical reconstruction and custom temporomandibular joint and jaw reconstruction. My Higher surgical training was in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery in the South Thames Region including Guys Hospital, Kings Hospital, Queen Victoria’s Hospital East Grinstead, Canterbury Hospital Kent and St Georges Hospital London - Lead Author of 'Oxford Handbook of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery' 2nd Edition. - Co-Author of 'Principles of Surgery' 'Everything you need to know but were frightened to ask!' - Oxford Journals TFM Publishing - Co-Author of 'Postgraduate Facial Surgery' Higher Oxford Speciality Training. - Co -Editor of 'Maxillofacial Surgery' Elsevier 3rd Edition. I have National and International Presentations, over 50 Publications and various other chapters in textbooks. I am Trustee of the Head and Neck Cancer Foundation. I am married to a General Practitioner and we have three young children.

Written by a patient at Guy's Hospital

Mr Cascarini is an amazing doctor and has always given me fantastic information and care. Through his care and treatment he has restored quality of life which I didn't have before as a result of my TMJ problems. His knowledge and understanding is upto date and informed by research ensuring his patients get the best care available.

Written by a patient at BMI The Sloane Hospital

I consulted Mr Cascarini regarding an impacted wisdom tooth that was infected. The infection had also spread to the molar just in front and was causing a great deal of pain. The Xray showed that the wisdom tooth was positioned horizontally and lying across the ID nerve. In short, this means that an extraction could only be performed under general anaesthetic and could be further complicated by either temporary or permanent damage to the nerve. Though Mr Cascarini was confident he could perform the operation successfully, the risk of nerve damage was still a possibility. In view of this risk, I discussed options with him for other possible solutions to the problem. He felt that by removing the molar in front and clearing the infection around the socket and the wisdom tooth, there may be a chance of avoiding the need for extracting the wisdom tooth. Mr Cascarini referred me to his own family dentist and I had the molar extracted this morning. I am now keeping fingers crossed that I have dodged a bullet and sincerely hope I never have to see Mr Cascarini again! Should I have to however, I would consider myself to be in very good hands.

Written by a patient at Guy's Hospital

Through every step of the way Mr Cascarini put me at ease with his extraordinarily knowledgable and compassionate treatment. My journey would have been much tougher without him and his fantastic care, not to mention his wonderful secretary who was always at hand when needed and went beyond the call of duty to support me - for which I will always be grateful. I can not give high enough praise or recommendation to this immensely talented, caring, and quite frankly inspirational surgeon and his team.

Written by a patient at The Wellington Hospital

During a vulnerable time where you require surgery, having a patient, knowledgeable and caring surgeon can make the whole experience a lot more bearable. Having had four surgeries with Mr Cascarini, the care I've received from him and Carla has been nothing short of amazing. Throughout each stage of my treatment, I was well informed and any question or worry I had was dealt with promptly and professionally. I felt that my wellbeing and comfort was their number one priority at all times and I can rest assured that Mr Cascarini's advice is always with my best interests at heart.

13th May 2016
Written by a patient at The Wellington Hospital

Over the past few years the ability to open my mouth to eat was reducing to such a state that I could not even get a single slice of bread into it would having to cut up what I was eating. I had seen several specialists both in the middle east and in the UK all of which left me with a feeling that my life would never be as it once was - All until I was referred to Mr Luke Cascarini. From the moment I had my first consultation his straight talking explanations filled me with confidence and trust. He spent time on each option I could take, guided and supported me, and for the first time in years I felt that I could live a normal life. Once we agreed on total jaw replacement he expedited the process to meet my personal situation, day or night he and his team were at the end of a phone to talk me thru my concerns. His secretary Carla became my ‘best friend’ taking away the need to constantly keep the insurance company updated and seek approval after approval- she took care of all this, and even just called to ensure I was feeling OK. Luke Cascarini, is by far the most professional, caring and committed consultant I have ever met. My operation took place on 30th April. For the first time in my life, I was not worried or concerned about have surgery and major surgery at that. Having someone that is by far, the best in his field of expertise is beyond value. After two days in ICU, I was in my hospital bed eating steak- and for the first time in several years, steak that was not chopped up as if I was feeding a baby. My bit has gone from 5mm to 4cm. I can now eat the biggest hamburger- all within 2 weeks of the jaw replacement Within the same week (7th May) I was released from hospital and felt so great that I refereed a full rugby match the next day. My recovery has been such that I am returning to full work just two weeks after surgery. My wife and family have seen not only the physical change but one where my self-belief and confidence has returned. I would be happy to run thru my experience with anyone who is going through the same issue. I can, without any hesitation record that Mr Luke Cascarini has given me back my life. John Thoroughgood. 13th May 2016 Email: jthoroughgood@aol.com Telephone: +447497124724

Nearest Oral and maxillofacial surgeons