Mr Luke Cascarini

I am a Consultant Oral and Maxillofacial Head and Neck Consultant at Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital. Head and neck cancer resection and reconstructive surgeon with a special interest in micro surgical reconstruction and custom temporomandibular joint and jaw reconstruction. My Higher surgical training was in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery in the South Thames Region including Guys Hospital, Kings Hospital, Queen Victoria’s Hospital East Grinstead, Canterbury Hospital Kent and St Georges Hospital London - Lead Author of 'Oxford Handbook of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery' 2nd Edition. - Co-Author of 'Principles of Surgery' 'Everything you need to know but were frightened to ask!' - Oxford Journals TFM Publishing - Co-Author of 'Postgraduate Facial Surgery' Higher Oxford Speciality Training. - Co -Editor of 'Maxillofacial Surgery' Elsevier 3rd Edition. I have National and International Presentations, over 50 Publications and various other chapters in textbooks. I am Trustee of the Head and Neck Cancer Foundation. I am married to a General Practitioner and we have three young children.

« 1 2 3 4 »

21st December 2016
Written by a patient at The Wellington Hospital

I was recommended to Luke Cascarini 3years ago since I was diagnosed with Sublingual mouth cancer.I completely trusted his judgement and although I was very anxious he did his best to put my mind at rest.He and his team carried out the required operation and he sees me for follow ups.I have no hesitation in recommending him his skill professionalism honestly and kindness. Loretta Richman

Written by a patient at Guy's Hospital

Mr Cascarini is an amazing doctor and has always given me fantastic information and care. Through his care and treatment he has restored quality of life which I didn't have before as a result of my TMJ problems. His knowledge and understanding is upto date and informed by research ensuring his patients get the best care available.

Written by a patient at BMI The Sloane Hospital

I consulted Mr Cascarini regarding an impacted wisdom tooth that was infected. The infection had also spread to the molar just in front and was causing a great deal of pain. The Xray showed that the wisdom tooth was positioned horizontally and lying across the ID nerve. In short, this means that an extraction could only be performed under general anaesthetic and could be further complicated by either temporary or permanent damage to the nerve. Though Mr Cascarini was confident he could perform the operation successfully, the risk of nerve damage was still a possibility. In view of this risk, I discussed options with him for other possible solutions to the problem. He felt that by removing the molar in front and clearing the infection around the socket and the wisdom tooth, there may be a chance of avoiding the need for extracting the wisdom tooth. Mr Cascarini referred me to his own family dentist and I had the molar extracted this morning. I am now keeping fingers crossed that I have dodged a bullet and sincerely hope I never have to see Mr Cascarini again! Should I have to however, I would consider myself to be in very good hands.

Written by a patient at Guy's Hospital

Through every step of the way Mr Cascarini put me at ease with his extraordinarily knowledgable and compassionate treatment. My journey would have been much tougher without him and his fantastic care, not to mention his wonderful secretary who was always at hand when needed and went beyond the call of duty to support me - for which I will always be grateful. I can not give high enough praise or recommendation to this immensely talented, caring, and quite frankly inspirational surgeon and his team.

Written by a patient at The Wellington Hospital

During a vulnerable time where you require surgery, having a patient, knowledgeable and caring surgeon can make the whole experience a lot more bearable. Having had four surgeries with Mr Cascarini, the care I've received from him and Carla has been nothing short of amazing. Throughout each stage of my treatment, I was well informed and any question or worry I had was dealt with promptly and professionally. I felt that my wellbeing and comfort was their number one priority at all times and I can rest assured that Mr Cascarini's advice is always with my best interests at heart.

« 1 2 3 4 »