Guy's Hospital

St Thomas Street, London, England, SE1 9RT

8th May 2018

I recently had a full hip replacement done at Guys Hospital. It was my first overnight stay in a hospital and I was more anxious about this than the operation. All the staff at Guys (including the porters and meal staff) were friendly and helpful. They put my worries to rest and my two night stay passed quickly. My surgeon, Mr Parag Jaiswal, was wonderful. Easy to talk to very re-assuring and he did a wonderful job on my hip. I have suffered no pain from day one and was walking unaided 10 days after my operation. I have only used the orthopedic, x-ray, and pre-op assessment departments at Guys but I have always received professional, prompt and caring service.

4th May 2018

Very happy with the whole experience.

17th April 2018

all very professional, hospital food still needs to be improved

8th April 2018

With the exception of one agency nurse, I was cared for superbly by the nursing staff, led by Staff Nurse Rose. The only blips were not being told clearly whilst I was in recovery about what was going to happen that day and the failure to diagnose my inability to pass urine, until the agency nurse with the overview of my situation was replaced by Rose and her team.

3rd April 2018

The care and skill with which I was treated during my hip operation at Guy's was exemplary on all counts, from the cleaner of floors in the morning, nurse Agi and the team on the ward, my persistent Polish anaesthetist, to Jonathan when I woke up and of course, the masterful work of surgeon, Mr Parag Jaiswal. Thank you to all.