mr-luke-cascarini

Written by a private patient at The Harley Street Specialist Hospital
3rd August 2022

I had pain in my jaw for quite a few years. I had a couple of appointments with Mr Cascarini and he laid out a treatment plan clearly, explaining exactly what he thought was best, and answering any questions i had fully. He performed my surgery recently, giving full after care, including phoning me to check i was ok. He was very easy to contact when i needed his advice, and was extremely caring and professional. I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of an Oral Maxillofacial surgeon.

Written by a private patient at The Harley Street Specialist Hospital
15th January 2022

It was actually a relief to see some other comments about arthroscopies with this doctor here. I feel you are sold these surgeries so easily with so much charm, but if you don't have a good result from it, the charm runs out very quickly. The surgeon doesn't want to deal with you and wants to obliterate you from his mind. I was told that no one has hearing problems after having an arthroscopy with him and to go to see an ENT. It turns out a lot of other people were told the same thing. These procedures using stem cell have very uncertain affects so please don't assume they won't make you feel worse. For some people they could hasten your journey to jaw replacement rather than slow it down if you deteriorate badly after an arthroscopy. Proper records should be kept of this and people should be told before they sign up. I think this doctor is all charm when you are signing up but if you call to say you are feeling so much worse he said things like 'i just did an hours long cancer surgery' which seem designed to make you feel guilty for saying how awful you feel. It was so upsetting because when you go for appointments befor the surgery he acts like you are a really important patient. If anything goes wrong and you get worse you are on your own.

I am a specialist surgeon of the Mouth, Jaw and Face (Oral and Maxillofacial surgeon). I'm one of the most highly experienced surgeons in temporomandibular joints (TMJ) replacement surgery in the UK, carrying out the majority of these operations performed in the South of England.

I am happy to treat any condition that affects the mouth, neck, jaw and face - from impacted wisdom teeth to facial trauma, from salivary gland stones to head and neck cancer, from dental implants to complex reconstruction. I work in a range of hospitals and treat both children and adults.

I have a special interest in TMJ disorders including jaw joint pain, clicky joint, locking jaw, restricted opening of the jaw as well as enlarged jaw and bone conditions. I provide diagnostic/treatment for oral cancer, including reconstructive surgery and I pioneered free flap jaw reconstruction for cancer patients. In addition I cover head and neck trauma; facial fractures; jaw fractures; salivary gland disease, submandibular gland conditions, thyroid and parotid gland conditions and skin cancer of the head and neck.

Nearest Oral and maxillofacial surgeons