mr-luke-cascarini

« 1 2 3 4 »

Written by a patient at Royal Preston Hospital
25th June 2019

I just wanted to thank Luke again following the jaw operation so kindly performed for me eleven weeks ago . I can't begin to explain what a difference this has already made to my life in such a short space of time, having put up with severe pain for more than a decade and latterly suffered total lack of jaw movement. To be able to eat food properly again and be pain free feels truly amazing and is a target l felt l would never aspire to. Friends and family cannot believe how little scaring is evident and how good l look and feel about myself. Indeed it is becoming less evident day by day that l have ever had such an operation. Grateful thanks and kind regards AS

Written by a carer at London Bridge Hospital
29th May 2019

This is the first time i have gone out of my way and taken the time to write a review on such a site but i have to share my experince as a family and the outcome due to this remarkable surgeon (and man) Mr Luke Cascarini and his team. My Father is 85 and has a history of heart disease which first came to light in 2001. He was diagnosed with cancer of the mandible in February 2019 and although we searched thoroughly through the options that we believed were available through the NHS we unfortunately came to a dead end as the help that we so desperately needed had stopped being offered. We had reached an absolute point of desperation due to a lack of contact so i started my search for an alternative route and honestly speaking just wanted someone who would listen and respond. Not only did we find that person who was willing to listen we found in Mr Cascarini a man that was precise and confident in the information he was given us taking all of the circumstances into consideration. Mr Cascarini and his secretary Carla had arranged a complete team that made sure every possibility of success regarding the surgery was covered. i am pleased to say that my 85 year old father no longer has cancer of the mandible following the surgery as it was successfully removed by this brilliant man, i genuinely hope that this review brings some hope and relevant information to another family that may of faced similar circumstances or someone who is simply looking for an outstanding surgeon who does exactly what he says he will do. Cannot recommend highly enough, Mr D.

Written by a carer at The Wellington Hospital
27th August 2017

As a US expat living in London, I was unsure where to turn when one of my twin teenagers needed her wisdom teeth removed. Luke Cascarini came highly recommended by an expat friend and our London dentist. We felt at ease from the first consultation and that continued through surgery and aftercare. Mr. Cascarini explained the surgical process clearly and we appreciated his friendly bedside manner. Six months later, we returned with our son for the same procedure and all went great again. In addition, Mr. Cascarini's personal secretary, Carla Woodcock is a pleasure to work with. She replies quickly and knows everything. We are hoping not to need Mr. Cascarini in the future, but wouldn't hesitate to go back to him and I highly recommend his services!

Written by a carer at The Wellington Hospital
3rd January 2017

In June 2013 Dr Luke Cascarini was called in by a fellow Surgeon as a specialist oral and maxillofacial head and neck consultant. This was to organize a biopsy and advise treatment for my wife who had been diagnosed with a large tumor under her tongue. From our initial meeting with him we were impressed by his reassuring manor and consideration for my wife’s severe pain and discomfort. Over the next few years Dr Cascarini attended on several occasions my wife during my wife’s treatments for her cancer and ill health. He was again called upon in April 2016 when sadly a new tumor was located under her chin. His considered advice in treating this recurrent condition was a relatively new concept called electrochemotherapy. This he explained to us from recent studies would give my wife positive palliative benefits. He satisfied all of our fears by tackling head on and explaining every aspect of the procedure. We are grateful to him and his hand picked team who assisted him in the theatre and aftercare. We trusted him absolutely and that trust was more than justified with a successful result for the first procedure. Then a second followed four months later to continue the process of shrinking the tumor. With a third procedure planned later this month. He sees my wife regularly to check that everything is going to plan and organized important appointments with fellow surgeons. Dr Luke Cascarini is a wonderful caring man who is absolutely committed in helping my wife to be as well as is possible, and free of anxiety. I would absolutely recommend him as both a dedicated exceptional surgeon and as a loyal and trusted friend. JW

Written by a patient at The Wellington Hospital
2nd January 2017

I've had difficulty with my jaw for the past couple of years & have had surgery 3 times. I am only 32 and quite worried about my jaw, the symptoms & prognosis. However, Mr Cascarini is very sympathetic to this and is working hard to only carry out necessary surgery. All appointments have been timely, informative & he has discussed the best next steps while listening to my views. When he did carry out my surgery he was great & I feel reassured that he is aiming to get me the best outcome possible.

« 1 2 3 4 »

I am a specialist surgeon of the Mouth, Jaw and Face (Oral and Maxillofacial surgeon). I'm one of the most highly experienced surgeons in temporomandibular joints (TMJ) replacement surgery in the UK, carrying out the majority of these operations performed in the South of England. I am happy to treat any condition that affects the mouth, neck, jaw and face - from impacted wisdom teeth to facial trauma, from salivary gland stones to head and neck cancer, from dental implants to complex reconstruction. I work in a range of hospitals and treat both children and adults. I have a special interest in TMJ disorders including jaw joint pain, clicky joint, locking jaw, restricted opening of the jaw as well as enlarged jaw and bone conditions. I provide diagnostic/treatment for oral cancer, including reconstructive surgery and I pioneered free flap jaw reconstruction for cancer patients. In addition I cover head and neck trauma; facial fractures; jaw fractures; salivary gland disease, submandibular gland conditions, thyroid and parotid gland conditions and skin cancer of the head and neck.

Nearest Oral and maxillofacial surgeons