Mr Mustansir Alibhai

31st December 2021

Mr Alibhai has a wonderful professional manner which is both reassuring and competent and inspires great confidence that one will be medically treated and cared for in the best possible way.

29th December 2021

I met Mr Alibhai at Guys hospital during my placement, Doctor Alibhai is an amazing person he attends to patient with so much compassion I can tell that he deeply cares about his patients. I will recommend Mr Alibhai anytime.

25th May 2021

Mr Mustansir Alibhai Is a pleasant man. He is very kind, compassionate and empathic. He goes to great lengths to explain your diagnosis to you and to explore treatment options with you. He does not attempt to rush you and is extremely respectful of your questions and feelings. He’s with you every step of your journey! I believe Mr Alibhai is a highly skilled and confident surgeon. He is humble in his manner, and has a rare ability to assure you and make you feel safe. I feel I can trust Mr Alibhai very much and would like to thank him for his expertise and care. Thank you, IK

19th May 2021

Mr Alibhai has been great. I noticed a lump in my tongue in March 2021 and from the minute i met him i knew i could trust the doctor. His approach to the care was second to none. Everything happened so fast for me but i was glad Mr Alibhai was my doctor. His knowledge and understanding is exceptional and he was able to quickly help me. I went in surgery in April 21 and after 10 day stay in hospital, i have returned to home on 1st May 2021. Mr Alibhai is caring and looks after his patient, if anyone chooses to be in his care they wil be in safe hands. i highly recommend Mr Alibhai to anyone having issues with their oral cavity.

21st March 2021

My dentist noticed an unusual lump on my tongue just before New Year 2021. She arranged referral to Guys Hospital and I saw Dr Alibhai (“Mus”) the first week in January 2021. He was friendly and welcoming and quick to put me at ease despite the difficult circumstances ( COVID lockdown as well ) and my own developing concerns. After an initial visual examination, he calmly explained that a tongue cancer was very likely and went on to explain the next steps of further diagnosis and treatment. A real positive for me was that even at this early stage he took time to explain everything, particularly that if things had been caught early treatment options were likely to be good. Following further tests that were swiftly arranged during January I met Mus again where he confirmed the tongue cancer diagnosis, but also sympathetically explained that whilst tests of the neck were negative, some issues had shown up with scans to my lungs. Again Mus took time to explain all the implications of this, even dialling in my wife ( who could not attend due to COVID ) to explain the position to her. Further diagnostics quickly ruled out the lung issues and after a third meeting, Mus speedily organised a date in early February for surgery. In the week before my operation I was encouraged to call Mus for any queries or explanations that I might have, On the day of the operation Mus was there to talk to me right from my arrival at surgical registration. Post operation he was the first doctor I talked to that same day on the recovery Ward. He also phoned my wife to explain that the operation had gone well. During 2 weeks recovery in hospital I was regularly visited by Mus who took a caring and active interest in my recovery. Since leaving hospital 4 weeks ago Mus has continued to see me with follow up appointments. My recovery has gone well with the the surgery well executed. Overall I would say that Dr Alibhai is an exceptional surgeon and physician who not only provides great treatment, but who also has an open friendly and caring manner. I was treated by him as an NHS patient but if needed I would pay any price in future to be treated by him again. As an aside I would also thank his team of doctors and nurses at Guys who under his guidance and leadership showed the same commitment to delivering exceptional healthcare.

• Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery