15th January 2021

Suffering chronic back pain for over 50 yrs for which I was told by various GO s nothing could be done followed by several ears of Intermittent leg pain which increased to such an extend I ended up in a wheelchair. On my 75th birthday my bladder stopped working and Dr Kandasamy performed an emergency lumbar spine surgery.which was 100% successful. The best birthday gift ever gave me the ability to walk ,completely removed the leg pain and helped enormously with the back pain .prior to surgery Dr Kandasamy warned me if the dangers involved but at no time was I concerned that this surgery would not be successful.The nursing and medical staff were absolutely wonderful and at no time was I in pain. Thank you so much for giving me my life back .

Written by a patient at Western General Hospital
11th January 2021

On Monday 11th January 2021 Mr Kandasamy performed an operation on me. It was "Normal Balance Hydrocephalus". The operation was a success and I am very please with the result. I am now able to walk with just one stick, my memory has returned, and I am able to drive my car. My wife has been very pleased with the results of my recovery and we can only thank Mr Kandasamy for his skill.

Written by a patient at Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh
29th December 2020

Thank you for providing me with the best Christmas present I could have hoped for, you have given me back my life. Four years ago I considered myself an active 70+ year old but suddenly began to suffer back and leg pain. Over the years I attempted a number of different correctional medical approaches to address the pain, including acupuncture and chiropractors, but with little or no success. It was not until 11th December, that Mr. Kandasamy and his team performed, what I can only describe as a 'life changing' procedure at Edinburgh Royal Infirmary. The whole process under Mr. Kandasamy's care has been excellent, the explanation(s), the procedure, the after-care, the personal follow-up, exceptional. I will be eternally grateful to Mr. Kandasamy and the team at Edinburgh Royal Infirmary, the procedure has returned me to what I was like more than four years ago! I can now look forward to 2021 with a new energy and wish everyone who cared for me while I was in hospital the very best for the New Year, thank you.

Written by a carer at Royal Hospital for Sick Children
30th November 2020

I traveled from Aberdeen to Edinburgh with my 7yr old daughter who was diagnosed with Chiari malformation. My daughter had the operation at the sick children hospital in Edinburgh. The operation was successful, my daughter received very good treatment and care from all the amazing team at the hospital.

Written by a patient at Western General Hospital
11th November 2020

I am 69 years old and I was diagnosed with a meningiooma brain tumour. I was referred to Mr. Kandasamy, consultant neuro surgeon at Western General Hospital., Edinburgh.. I was operated on 3rd October 2020 by Mr. Kandasamy and his team. They successfully removed the tumour and I am now recuperating at home. The care and attention I received from Mr Kandasamy in particular was second to none, he tok the time to explain everything to me before and after the operation. Not forgetting his amazing tram, the nursing staff, cleaners and all the people involved with me. Thank you everyone.

Adult and Paediatric Neurosurgeon and Spinal Surgeon