Mr Jothy Kandasamy

6th February 2020

Saw me privately at very short notice to deal with a worsening historical problem associated with sciatica/spinal stenosis. Diagnosis from recent MRI scan and symptoms. Friendly and calm personality. Taking account of an upcoming overseas holiday I had booked, he operated on me within a month of this visit despite the intervention of Christmas. Was in hospital for just two nights. Wound healed well and am currently in recovery mode with signs suggesting the operation has been a success. Review meeting yesterday when I had the opportunity to ask a number of questions. Conclusion drawn that recovery is proceeding as planned subject to further physiotherapy sessions over the next 2 months. Mr Kandasamy is clearly a very competent surgeon but also a pleasant person with whom to deal. I would recommend him without reservation.

15th November 2019

I saw Mr Kandasamy and he diagnosed spinal stenosis and explained it all very clearly and showed me the MRI scan on screen whilst explaining all the options and risks. I book in for microlaminectomy which Mr Kandasamy performed and fitted a Coflex device. A few hours after surgery I was up and about getting dressed and walking around. I am now 7 weeks post surgery and walked up Carn Aosda one of the Munro’s at Glenshee pain free today. I would highly recommend Mr Kandasamy very professional great communication throughout and a great guy.

Written by a patient at Western General Hospital
8th May 2019

This proper review is long overdue. Mr J Kandasamy has transformed the last eighteen months of my life and enabled me to still be a carer and active mother to my children. In October 2017 he operated on my spine relieving pressure on nerves.supplying the lower part of my body. Without this surgery I would be an incontinent 84 year woman in pain and unable to feel my feet and walk with confidence.. I now walk up to a mile or more every day Mr Kandasamy was my second attempt at requesting help as being elderly and having other conditions there were considerable risks and not wholly advised. The care and consideration given by Mr Kandasamy and his team are beyond words as are the supporting nursing staff in the Western General Hospital. Thankyou.

Written by a carer at Royal Hospital for Sick Children
7th May 2019

Three years ago our daughter (12 at the time) was rushed into the Royal Hospital for Sick Children with a life threatening condition. Mr Kandasamy and his team literally saved her life and took wonderful care of her as well as providing first class treatment. Mr Kandasamy explained everything clearly to us making sure that we understood what each stage entailed, at what was a very difficult time of our lives. The aftercare of our daughter and follow up appointments by Mr Kandasamy have been of the highest standard. This has allowed her to resume her studies, and has returned to playing the violin and keyboards, she has also been able to return to her judo class, something that in the period after her surgery we were not sure if she would ever be able to do. If it was not for Mr Kandasamy and his team, our family would be very different today and for that we will be eternally grateful

Adult and Paediatric Neurosurgeon and Spinal Surgeon