13th September 2021

I was having constant seizure whitch started to stop my heart mr kandasamy performed a major craniotomy to great success he was really plesent man he explained everything really well made sure i was happy and new what i was going in for this man has changed my life for the better a cant thank him anuff and wood highly recommended him to any one

Written by a NHS patient at Western General Hospital
19th August 2021

I had a microdiscectomy carried out by Mr Kandasamy. The advice and care shown pre and post operation was first class. I cannot thank him and his team enough for my treatment throughout.

28th July 2021

Cutting an (even longer!) story short I was very lucky to be referred to Mr Kandasamy following recurrence of extreme pain caused by cervical radiculopathy, which meant I was struggling to function on a day to day basis, being on a cocktail of opiate drugs, with all their attendant side effects. I had previously had a posterior cervical foraminotomy and discetomy which had failed in giving me permanent relief from my symptoms. After detailed and careful assessment of my history and symptoms, and arranging comprehensive imaging.Mr Kandasamy clearly explained his findings to me. He explained the pros and cons of possible treatments, with the probability of a successful outcome for each, balanced with their potential risk factors. In particular he explained why in his opinion a repeat of the original operation, which had already been suggested elsewhere, was unlikely to be successful. He suggested an operation by an Anterior approach was likely to be the most appropriate treatment, but he also explained, that the risks of this were greater and substantial because of the location of the affected disc and nerve junction (C7/T1). At all times during our discussions I was left in no doubt whatsoever that Mr Kandasamy’s absolute number one priority was my safety and well-being. He patiently and clearly answered all my questions. I felt very comfortable with the quality of the advice being given, and as a result of this decided to go ahead with the operation I am glad that I did, I am now 6+ weeks post operation, and virtually pain free, and no longer on any of the opiate medications that had been such a big part of my existence for the previous 3 to 4 years. In summary I am very grateful indeed to have been treated, and operated on by an extremely caring, empathetic and skilled consultant surgeon who is clearly on top of his game, and I would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending his services to those who need them. Thank you. ,

27th July 2021

I had c5-c6 anterior cervical decompression and fusion at Edinburgh Royal infirmary. From the first time I met with Mr kandasamy I was treated with respect and care.

Written by a NHS patient at Western General Hospital
11th March 2021

After finding out about a serious cervical shwanoma ,Mr Kandasamy was very good in communicating with me . He made it really easy for me to understand the situation and talked my through everything I wanted to know especially in this worrying time . Surgery went well and aftercare was second to none . I can’t thank Mr Kandasamy and his team enough ! They saved my life !

Adult and Paediatric Neurosurgeon and Spinal Surgeon