Written by a patient at Western General Hospital
11th May 2020

Mr Kandasamy has good people skills, he is approachable, he listens and looks at his patients holistically. He explains things. He gives good advice for after care. I had a back operation 17/01/19 by Mr Kandasamy and his team. Through their skill I have my mobility back again. I was in a wheelchair if I went out of the house. Now I can walk miles. This has made such a difference to my quality of life Mr Kandasamy's approach toward patients and his care is excellent.

6th February 2020

Saw me privately at very short notice to deal with a worsening historical problem associated with sciatica/spinal stenosis. Diagnosis from recent MRI scan and symptoms. Friendly and calm personality. Taking account of an upcoming overseas holiday I had booked, he operated on me within a month of this visit despite the intervention of Christmas. Was in hospital for just two nights. Wound healed well and am currently in recovery mode with signs suggesting the operation has been a success. Review meeting yesterday when I had the opportunity to ask a number of questions. Conclusion drawn that recovery is proceeding as planned subject to further physiotherapy sessions over the next 2 months. Mr Kandasamy is clearly a very competent surgeon but also a pleasant person with whom to deal. I would recommend him without reservation.

15th November 2019

I saw Mr Kandasamy and he diagnosed spinal stenosis and explained it all very clearly and showed me the MRI scan on screen whilst explaining all the options and risks. I book in for microlaminectomy which Mr Kandasamy performed and fitted a Coflex device. A few hours after surgery I was up and about getting dressed and walking around. I am now 7 weeks post surgery and walked up Carn Aosda one of the Munro’s at Glenshee pain free today. I would highly recommend Mr Kandasamy very professional great communication throughout and a great guy.

Adult and Paediatric Neurosurgeon and Spinal Surgeon