Western General Hospital

Crewe Road South, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH4 2XU

« 1 2 3 4 »

23rd May 2017

I just wanted to says thank you to the staff who were on duty in the Day Bed Suite at the Western General yesterday. Particular thanks to Lauren who checked me in, Susan who looked after me, the doctors in the endoscopy room and Lewis who made me great coffee and toast when I was allowed to eat again! It was a busy day and I had to wait for a long time but that was nobody's fault and I was quite comfortable - just hungry!

14th March 2016

I received excellent care following an operation to remove a 5cm meningioma. Mr Gallo was my neurosurgeon and both myself and husband were extremely impressed with the time he took to explain the type of The neurologists I have seen, Dr Morages and Dr Samarsekera have also been excellent. Being diagnosed with a BT was a shock, as was having to give up my licence due to risk of seizures but I was given lots of information and the opportunity to contact them with any questions. My neurosurgeon , Mr Gallo was terrific. He put me at ease and explained comprehensively to my husband and I what the surgery would involve. I had complete trust in him and that reduced my anxiety in the lead up to the operation. This was my first experience of having something serious wrong - and hopefully the last! I cannot thank all the team at the Western General enough for the care and treatment I received and the easy accessibility to professionals when I needed it. Incidentally 21 years previously my son was under the care of Mr Steers for craniostenosis at the sick kids. He has since retired but was a lovely man and was great with my son who was only one at the time of his operation. NHS comes in for a lot of criticism. Yes the hospital is old and I had to queue for the showers but these were minor matters that did not detract from the first class care I received from a very professional team. Well done to the neurology department.

30th January 2016

A brilliant hospital

10th November 2015

The only bit I could criticise was the lack of welcome on the morning of surgery. In fact there was no-one there to greet myself or several others waiting. This part until I was taken by a nurse, made me feel more anxious than was warranted. I also dont think the directions are very clear either. Western General is such a warren and jumble of buildings. For these reasons I could not give 5 stars to the hospital itself or the treatment as dignified and with respect. However once the nurse signed me in, I felt more confident and at all further stages I was very well treated.

22nd September 2015

Dining room/catering facilities very poor Meals could be imprpved

« 1 2 3 4 »