Western General Hospital

Crewe Road South, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH4 2XU

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

2nd January 2018

This hospital is second to none. I felt I was kept well informed with ALL my treatment. From chemotherapy-operations and radiotherapy the staff were superb. The dedicated team of surgeons and anethtatists made me feel very relaxed. Having sat in the bread unit many times you realise just what a busy place this is - yet the oncology team make you feel like this is only happening to you. That really is a gift when they’re so very busy . Thank you so much for all your care.

22nd November 2017

Five weeks as an in patient mostly on ward three.All staff from doctors nurses porters and cleaning staff were fantastic cancer care was careing and I was made to feel safe and human which may sound odd but it was a good experience under the worst of circumstances.Everyone was over worked but did not let this stop them from giving me wonderful care thank you to all staff.

23rd May 2017

I just wanted to says thank you to the staff who were on duty in the Day Bed Suite at the Western General yesterday. Particular thanks to Lauren who checked me in, Susan who looked after me, the doctors in the endoscopy room and Lewis who made me great coffee and toast when I was allowed to eat again! It was a busy day and I had to wait for a long time but that was nobody's fault and I was quite comfortable - just hungry!

14th March 2016

I received excellent care following an operation to remove a 5cm meningioma. Mr Gallo was my neurosurgeon and both myself and husband were extremely impressed with the time he took to explain the type of The neurologists I have seen, Dr Morages and Dr Samarsekera have also been excellent. Being diagnosed with a BT was a shock, as was having to give up my licence due to risk of seizures but I was given lots of information and the opportunity to contact them with any questions. My neurosurgeon , Mr Gallo was terrific. He put me at ease and explained comprehensively to my husband and I what the surgery would involve. I had complete trust in him and that reduced my anxiety in the lead up to the operation. This was my first experience of having something serious wrong - and hopefully the last! I cannot thank all the team at the Western General enough for the care and treatment I received and the easy accessibility to professionals when I needed it. Incidentally 21 years previously my son was under the care of Mr Steers for craniostenosis at the sick kids. He has since retired but was a lovely man and was great with my son who was only one at the time of his operation. NHS comes in for a lot of criticism. Yes the hospital is old and I had to queue for the showers but these were minor matters that did not detract from the first class care I received from a very professional team. Well done to the neurology department.

30th January 2016