Mr Patrick Statham

• Neurosurgery

15th October 2017
Written by a patient at Western General Hospital

I had a meningioma in my spine removed by Mr Statham. My physio told me, before I saw him, that she had previously worked with him and I was in the safest possible hands and she was right. He was honest about the risks, but I trusted him immediately and felt very much at ease with him. The operation was a complete success and has transformed my life. I regularly think about how much I owe him, even though it was several years ago.

11th March 2017
Written by a patient at Western General Hospital

On 28 February 2017, I underwent transsphenoidal surgery for the removal of a pituitary macroadenoma at the Western General Hospital, Edinburgh. Pre-operatively, Mr Statham displayed great confidence in dealing with the issue which helped considerably to put me at ease. Post-operatively, he continued to demonstrate an interest in my well-being and discussed the operation in a friendly, enthusiastic manner. I’m eternally grateful for the improved quality of life which has resulted from his skills. Thank you.

12th October 2014
Written by a patient at Western General Hospital

I had transsphenoidal surgery performed by Mr Statham on 23rd of September 2014. He explained everything beforehand to my wife and I pre-surgery, and although I quickly forgot information afterwards, my wife was able to remind me of details. We both found Mr Statham very approachable, willing to chat through our concerns and helped put us at ease. He also had a sense of humour which can be lacking in Consultants and willing to spend time speaking to us. He is highly skilled and has transformed my life - giving me a second chance to enjoy life and we will be forever grateful.

Short link to review Mr Patrick Statham: http://iwgc.net/efdy