Mr Chandrasekaran Kaliaperumal

Written by a patient at Western General Hospital
15th September 2019

An extremely professional, courteous and knowledgeable specialist. Gave a very clear explanation of the problem and a comprehensive run through of the procedure required to resolve it. I found his positive attitude really made a difference to my own mental well-being and how I approached the surgery. After a successful operation I received a phone call a week later from Mr Kaliaperumal to check on my recovery and progress. A nice touch. After a year in pain I am truly grateful to Mr Kaliaperumal for getting me back to something near normal. A great surgeon!

Written by a patient at Western General Hospital
28th December 2018

Eleven months ago I was diagnosed with a pilocytic astrocytoma and underwent a left parietal craniotomy and resection. I feel very lucky to have Mr Kaliaperumal and his team operate on me. My type of tumour tends to affect juveniles, but fortunately for me Mr Kaliaperumal also works at the Sick Kids so had experience that was relevant for my case. When they were actually operating on me he was able to recognise the exact type he was dealing with and so take the appropriate course of action. We were very glad to hear that he had managed to remove practically all of the tumour. Mr Kaliaperumal was especially compassionate in reassuring my wife through this difficult time. He was always positive and optimistic. Recovering in hospital I would always look forward to his visits and receive encouragement. His optimism continues to encourage me to see further improvements with my recovery. The only constructive feedback I would give is to advise people undergoing such surgery to make a note of your passwords. I couldn't unlock my phone for three weeks until I could recovery my speech enough to explain how I remember my unlock code! Mr Kaliaperumal is an excellent surgeon, both throughout the surgery and my continuing rehabilitation.

Nearest Neurosurgeons