Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh

51 Little France Crescent, Old Dalkeith Road, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH16 4SA

« 1 2 3 4 »

23rd May 2019

On the morning of Friday, 10th May, whilst visiting Edinburgh for a few days, I was admitted to your A&E department via an ambulance after having fallen on a cobbled street in the new town. The treatment, care and consideration shown to me by your excellent staff was second to none. It took a while for them to get my pain under control but at every step of the way I was kept informed of everything that was being done and of all the drugs that were being administered (NB: wasn't keen on the Ketamine but it did enable the staff to put my dislocated elbow back into place!) I was transferred to ward 109 where I spent the next 24 hours. Once again, I have nothing but the utmost praise for EVERY member of staff on the ward. They made me feel as if I was the only patient in their care. So, my sincere thanks and gratitude to you all. I am in your debt. Kath Harrison.

23rd May 2019

On the whole I received great care. I found most of the nurses to be of the highest standard and they were able to attend to different matters ably and speedily, others would just keep saying they would attend to it later perhaps hours later after many prompts. Also after major surgery a help to get out of bed is not too much to ask rather than making you do it all yourself to which in my mind served no purpose other than to upset me and cause unnecessary pain. Nurse Jessica was an exceptionally able and capable nurse.

9th May 2019

I had a major operation on 2nd April, performed by Mr Lamb and his team. I was then transferred to CCU where I remained for 8 days and I was treated like royalty. All the staff were wonderful and so hard worked but they still all had smiles on their faces and nothing was too much for them. I was then transferred to Ward 107 where again everyone was very helpful and cheery. I cannot rate all the staff highly enough and would like to thank them all.

18th April 2019

My husband Robert was admitted to the ERI on Saturday 16th March 2019 having been knocked down by a people carrier, he had also been fighting cancer for over two years. It was found that he was suffering from bleeds on his brain and chest injuries, he lost the ability to communicate, and watching him suffer was so difficult. The care and attention given to him from arriving at the hospital was wonderful. My husband was transferred to the High Dependency Unit where he was under the care of the most lovely, caring and dedicated team who looked after him. My family and I are forever grateful to them all but especially to the very lovely Laura who not only looked after Robert so very well but she also lovingly supported myself and my family throughout the time he was in the ward. On the 18th Laura went with Robert and the family to Ward 107, where he was taken care of so lovingly by Fiona and then by Geeta and her amazing team. Everyone of the staff worked so hard to keep Robert as comfortable and painfree as possible until he very sadly passed at 4.20am on the 19th April. My family and I honestly cannot thank and praise every member of staff highly enough, not only in their fantastic care of Robert, but also for the wonderful care and support given to myself and my family. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart, you are all a real credit to your profession, the ERI is very lucky to have such a fantastic team.

8th November 2018

I have just been discharged from RI. The care and understanding was outstanding. There were difficult patients who were dealt with empathy and understanding. There were very busy days and I never heard one grumble. There was only one thing that I would change and that is a person to answer phones. They go all the time and staff are just to busy to deal with this.

« 1 2 3 4 »

{{category}} working at Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh: http://iwgc.net/eb4uz