« 1 2 3 4 »

24th May 2019
Written by a carer at The Glasgow Nuffield Hospital

Mr McGowan performed 2 cataract operations on my 85 year old Mum. My Mum and I were naturally apprehensive about the procedures. From the first appointment Mr McGowan’s caring, engaging and professional manner put us both at ease. Mr McGowan showed great patience in taking his time to explain the procedure and answer any questions we had. Following her first operation my Mum could not believe how well the operation had gone and was actually looking forward to the second operation! My Mum now has 20/20 vision. I would highly recommend Mr McGowan. He is a first class consultant and surgeon who has an excellent ‘bed side manner’ showing great care and attention to his patients.

23rd May 2019
Written by a carer at The Glasgow Nuffield Hospital

Mr McGowan performed 2 cataract operations on my 85 year old mother. His care was first class. He showed great patience in his dealings with my mother taking his time to explain the procedure to my Mum and myself. My mother had been really nervous but Mr McGowan’s engaging, caring & professional manner put her at ease and she was actually looking forward to her second operation!! Both operations were a complete success and she now has 20/20 vision! I would highly recommend Mr McGowan.

26th April 2019
Written by a patient at Gartnavel General Hospital

Very good manor eased my stress levels very informative in post op consults

6th April 2019
Written by a patient at Gartnavel General Hospital

I had been told for years that there was no cure for floaters in the eyes. My optician referred me to Gartnaval Hospital and Dr McGowan who advised me he could get rid of the floaters which he did. I had no problems with my ops and the doctor was very friendly, patient and confident which helped me to relax. I felt absolutely no pain at all. I have had both eyes done now and have been back for all of my checkups. All the floaters have gone and I cant thank Dr McGowan enough. I would recommend him to anyone.

29th March 2019
Written by a patient at Gartnavel General Hospital

I was referred to Dr McGowan as I had a haemorrhage behind my left eye meaning that I could not see out of it. At my appointment he was very professional, confident, caring and calm which put me at ease. The surprise was that he managed to squeeze me in for surgery the next day! NHS at its very best - consultation to completed surgery within 24 hours. During surgery he had a relaxed and positive attitude with me and his team - along with some great music! A very friendly and caring doctor - with great aftercare from him and the team at Gartnavel.

« 1 2 3 4 »