Mr Mamun Rahman

Mr Mamun Rahman (GMC no. 6048722) is a substantive NHS Consultant at two Glasgow hospitals: the New Stobhill Hospital, and the New Victoria Infirmary. He also has sessions at the Golden Jubilee National Hospital. He is a very experienced cataract surgeon performing over 800 cataract operations annually. Audits show his surgery is currently 6 times safer than the national average for cataract surgery (last updated 2/11/18, based on 3775 consecutive cases). He also has an interest in minimally invasive surgeries (MIGS) and non surgical laser treatments for glaucoma, and has inserted more iStent MIGS devices than anyone else in Scotland. He has an interest in teaching and is an Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer with the University of Glasgow Medical School where is in charge of the teaching programme for South Glasgow. Mr Rahman is also an official Examiner for the FRCS (Ophthalmology) examinations. A Dundonian by birth, he completed his undergraduate training at Edinburgh Medical School. His ophthalmic training was undertaken at the internationally respected Tennent Institute of Ophthalmology in Glasgow during which time he was the recipient of the Pfizer Ophthalmology Medal (2005). He has also broadened his knowledge with training in famous institutions such as the Wills Eye Hospital in Philadelphia, U.S.A.

11th August 2019
Written by a patient at Golden Jubilee National Hospital

I have just come across this site.Dr Rahman did my cataract surgery in May 2016 and Sept 2016 in the Golden Jubilee Hospital.Put simply he was BRILLIANT and I have alot to thank him for.I wore glasses from the age of 4 and now I just need them for reading.It was like a light being switched on for me.Yes I was uptight but with Dr Rahman and his team beside me it was great.I know this is late in thanking Dr Rahman but better late than never and thanks also to his team.His work was exceptional and I was very fortunate he did both my eyes.So thank you Dr Rahman. He was at my preassment and also came into the waiting room for my right eye surgery and we both remembered each other. He commented that I had really benefited from this surgery.Anyone who is going for this surgery all I can say is go for it the benefits are amazing.

11th July 2019
Written by a patient at BMI Ross Hall Hospital

Received excellent care from Mr Rahman for recent cataract surgery. During the consultation process he made himself available to discuss my anxieties about different lens types, both at consultation and subsequently on the telephone. He was very pleasant and a good communicator. The surgery went very well and he was reassuring and thorough during the procedure. Post operatively my recovery has been excellent with no bruising and good vision immediately. I would highly recommend Mr Rahmann

10th July 2019
Written by a patient at BMI Ross Hall Hospital

I first met Mr Rahman 5 weeks ago after removing myself from the NHS waiting list for a cataract removal. He greatly impressed me from the onset with his very personable manner. My operation was successfully carried out just one week later. Mr Rahman was most reassuring throughout the whole process. I now have my quality of life back and am most grateful to him. He is a delightful gentleman and I would highly recommend him to everyone. My only regret is that I didn't contact him sooner!

19th June 2019
Written by a patient at BMI Ross Hall Hospital

From the moment I first met Dr Mamun Rahman, at my initial assessment appointment, I was really impressed by his kind and gentle manner and assurance that my operation would be very successful at reducing the pressure in my right eye using iStent injections, along with the Cataract operation to be done at the same time. I would like to sincerely thank him for the excellent way he performed the operation on 30th April, 2019. He was extremely thoughtful and reassuring throughout the procedure and delighted with the successful result. All the Staff at the Eye Care Scotland, Ross Hall Hospital, were very kind and helpful and I hope to return there later this year for a similar operation to be repeated on my left eye. I will definitely be recommending Dr M Rahman.

4th June 2019
Written by a patient at BMI Ross Hall Hospital

I was referred to Mr Rahman after a diagnosis of Narrow Angle Glaucoma. I was understandably very concerned and apprehensive.However on my first consultation with Mr Rahman he was so kind,caring and professional in his approach that I was very reassured.His surgical success rate speaks for itself.Both procedures were carried out with complete success by Mr Rahman and his Team. I feel very fortunate to have been in the care of such a kind and gifted Surgeon. I would have no hesitation in recommending Mr Rahman and BMI Ross Hall to anyone seeking Eye Care.

Nearest Ophthalmologists