mr-mamun-rahman

Written by a NHS patient at Stobhill Hospital
22nd February 2021

Recently treated for glaucoma at stobhill hospital Glasgow by Mr Rahman he is such a brilliant doctor all aspects of treatment explained to me in detail allaying any fears I had and very caring as I was rather nervous

Written by a NHS patient at Stobhill Hospital
10th February 2021

I could not recommend Mr Rahman enough! He is patient, understanding and has a wonderful sense of humour which makes you feel very relaxed. I have been under his care for over for three years now and he has dealt with any concerns I have had with the utmost professionalism. A wonderful surgeon

Written by a patient at BMI Ross Hall Hospital
12th January 2021

I recently had a cataract removal performed by Mr Rahman and I am extremely happy with the outcome, for the first time in over forty years I no longer need to wear glasses. Throughout the process, he provided a clear explanation of the procedure in easy to understand terms. I felt reassured and fully supported during my treatment and I would have no hesitation in recommending him.

Written by a carer at BMI Ross Hall Hospital
18th December 2020

I wouldn't hesitate on recommending Mamun Rahman to anyone looking for a high quality ophthalmologist from someone who obviously cares about their patients. Mr Rahman is very approachable and takes time and care to fully explain different options available to you. This was particularly valuable to my mother who suffers from dementia and has been mis-trustful of doctors in the past due to a lack of empathy and understanding shown regarding her condition. In stark contrast, she is very comfortable going to her appointments with Mamun who she describes as 'that lovely man'. He performed cataract surgery and fitted a stent to my mother's eye which has improved both her vision and quality of life immeasurably.

Written by a patient at BMI Ross Hall Hospital
13th October 2020

I have recently undergone 2 phases of surgery on both eyes: in each case this involved cataract surgery and iStent insertion. This resulted in my vision in each eye being classified as greater than 20/20. For the first time in 55 years, I no longer require glasses, other than for reading. This has had a dramatic effect on my day to day life. His professionalism and guidance through what at the outset seemed daunting procedures, resulted in a calm and reassuring experience throughout. I wish to express my sincere gratitude to Mr Rahman and his entire team.

Mr Mamun Rahman (GMC no. 6048722) is a substantive NHS Consultant at two Glasgow hospitals: the New Stobhill Hospital, and the New Victoria Infirmary. He also has sessions at the Golden Jubilee National Hospital. He is a very experienced cataract surgeon performing over 800 cataract operations annually. Audits show his surgery is currently 6 times safer than the national average for cataract surgery (last updated 2/11/18, based on 3775 consecutive cases). He also has an interest in minimally invasive surgeries (MIGS) and non surgical laser treatments for glaucoma, and has inserted more iStent MIGS devices than anyone else in Scotland. He has an interest in teaching and is an Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer with the University of Glasgow Medical School where is in charge of the teaching programme for South Glasgow. Mr Rahman is also an official Examiner for the FRCS (Ophthalmology) examinations. A Dundonian by birth, he completed his undergraduate training at Edinburgh Medical School. His ophthalmic training was undertaken at the internationally respected Tennent Institute of Ophthalmology in Glasgow during which time he was the recipient of the Pfizer Ophthalmology Medal (2005). He has also broadened his knowledge with training in famous institutions such as the Wills Eye Hospital in Philadelphia, U.S.A.

Nearest Ophthalmologists