mr-gaurav-batra-phd-frcs-orth-fsem-sports-med-1

Mr Gaurav Batra PhD, FRCS (Orth), FSEM (Sports Med)

7th June 2021

I have suffered with a serious knee problem for over 30 years, I have had 2 knee reconstructions and numerous minor operations that had little or no effect. I saw Mr Batra in 2019 and after the consultation he told me that I needed a total knee replacement which I had in September that year. I was pain free from the operation even though there were additional complications due to the previous operations which required me to be in a brace for 6 weeks. The operation was a total success and i am pain free and I have more movement back in my knee. I would recommend Mr Batra to any patient that requires knee surgery as he talks you through what he needs to do and make you feel at ease. Finally I would like to put on record how grateful I was to have been treated by Mr Batra and thank him for his skills in sorting out my Knee.

1st June 2021

After suffering with pain in both knees for some time and following 2 knee Arthroscopies I was finally referred to Mr Batra for further investigation. The outcome was that I needed knee replacements and had my first one on April 9th and am pain free in that knee and cannot wait for the next one to be done. Mr Batra is always prepared to listen to and answer any queries both pre op and post op He gave me full explanations of my progress, and talked me through the x-rays of before and after my surgery. I am grateful for Mr Batra's outstanding skills on my first replacement. Thank you.

19th May 2021

Total left hip replacement on 8th April 2021. Discharged 48 hours later . Excellent experience through out. Now at 19th May able to walk 2+ miles without crutches or pain. Very very happy with the experience. Excellent bedside manner and is prepared to listen to and answer any queries both pre op and post op. A credit to his profession. I wish him all the best for the future.

25th April 2021

I had a total hip replacement on 16 Feb and the experience was far less worrying than I was expecting. Everything went really well and was walking without crutches within 4 weeks. I have been able to walk up to 5 miles but have rest days in between. The whole procedure has been excellent and any concerns I had afterwards were answered fully by Mr Batra at my first follow-up appointment.

8th April 2021

I had a total hip replacement February 9th by Mr Batra and was amazed at the movement I had strtaightaway. I am off painkillers but have paracetamol if I have been doing too much(usually I just sit down for a while) To be painfree after more than 5 years is brilliant and to no longer be in constant pain I feel a lot better in myself I am using just one crutch when outdoors, but none around the house or garden, but I am sure it wont be long before I stop using it

I have been a Hip & Knee Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Salford Royal Hospital since 2010. I perform Hip and Knee Replacement, Revision Hip and Knee Replacement, Arthroscopic (keyhole) Hip and Knee Surgery, including ACL reconstruction. I see people with any type of sports injury to arrange diagnostic tests and organise treatment and rehabilitation. I am one of few Orthopaedic Consultants in the region who has also completed their Sports Medicine Membership exams (MFSEM) with the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. This gives me an unique insight into sporting injuries, training methods sports psychology as well as nutrition. I am a keen runner and still run in the Vets Category for Sale Harriers with a marathon PB of just over 3 hours. I have played a number of different sports at a good level including badminton and squash for my University. I am happy to see patients who have sporting ambitions at any level and are struggling to get back to their sport. You will get honest advice about what can and cannot be done. I understand how important it is for you to be able to continue to do the sport that you love so much and I will do my best to help you achieve this. I qualified in 1995 from University of Wales College of Medicine with Commendation. I did my basic Surgical Training (MRCS) in Manchester in 1998. I spent three years at the Manchester Medical School conducting research into how cells behave when human bone heals after it has broken, for which I was awarded my PhD. I started higher surgical training in 2003 and passed my FRCS (Orth) exam in 2007. During my training, I did the Bolton Knee Fellowship, Leicester Hip Fellowship and visited the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota to complete a Visiting Clinician’s Fellowship. I completed my MFSEM with The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in 2018. Thank you for taking the time to look at my profile.

Nearest Sports and exercise medicine specialists

Short link to review Mr Gaurav Batra PhD, FRCS (Orth), FSEM (Sports Med): http://iwgc.net/eew2g