mr-gaurav-batra-phd-frcs-orth-fsem-sports-med-1

Mr Gaurav Batra PhD, FRCS (Orth), FSEM (Sports Med)

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

4th June 2020

I have the pleasure of writing this review for Surgeon Dr Batra. I have been suffering with a bad hip/back pain and after diagnosis Mr Batra advised all options. I am a diabetic and have a blood disorder so I tried to initially manage my condition with no success. Eventually after 3 consultations, an MRI to rule out an anomaly, I proceeded. I had concerns also as l a middle aged man (40 - 55) regarding not being able to recover for work. I can confirm even with COVID-19 starting lockdown after 4th day of my my op, I am fully walking unaided after 6 weeks up to 2 miles and 75% mobility after 4 weeks of hard self determination. Mr Batra is very charismatic person and I felt sceptical but cannot thank him enough for my transformation. Best wishes, Mr Paul

6th February 2020

I had a knee arthroscopy and the experience was great! It was all done profesionally, I was able to walk the day of operation without any crutches. Mr Batra also came to my hospital room after operation to ensure everything is alright and answer any questions. Then I had 2 followup meeting to check how the healing is going. My knee is in the best condition that it has been in years.

3rd February 2020

I would like to thank Mr Batra who has just operated and give me my second total hip replacement. I had my first operation in June and my second in January. Both operations went well and recovery good. After my first operation in June 2019 I had no hesitation to have my second operation in January 2020. Mr Batra was fantastic explaining every step of the way and I had full confidence in him. He is a fantastic consultant surgeon and would recommend him to anyone who has to that have similar surgery. Thank you Mr Batra and I wish you every success.

13th January 2020

I had a total knee replacement he informed me of all possibilities and outcomes he was very likeable and friendly. He had a great bedside manner and helped with nerves and worries on the day of the operation I am now pain free walking normally and have been discharged It was most painful thing I’ve ever experienced but my god it was worth it

5th January 2020

From the first appointment I felt very confident in Mr Batra.. He made me feel at ease and was very honest and upfront about the whole situation/procedure. I was after a better quality of life after my knee replacement ie sleeping and walking the dogs again. This is exactly what I got. My life is so much better now after my op and physio etc. I’m sleeping at night, walking the dogs etc with no painkillers. His honesty and professionalism with myself and my husband was refreshing and what we needed. I would recommend Mr Batra to anyone and will ask for him in the future for my next knee operation.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

Mr Gaurav Batra PhD, FRCS (Orth), FSEM (Sports Med) was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

I have been a Hip & Knee Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Salford Royal Hospital since 2010. I perform Hip and Knee Replacement, Revision Hip and Knee Replacement, Arthroscopic (keyhole) Hip and Knee Surgery, including ACL reconstruction. I see people with any type of sports injury to arrange diagnostic tests and organise treatment and rehabilitation. I am one of few Orthopaedic Consultants in the region who has also completed their Sports Medicine Membership exams (MFSEM) with the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. This gives me an unique insight into sporting injuries, training methods sports psychology as well as nutrition. I am a keen runner and still run in the Vets Category for Sale Harriers with a marathon PB of just over 3 hours. I have played a number of different sports at a good level including badminton and squash for my University. I am happy to see patients who have sporting ambitions at any level and are struggling to get back to their sport. You will get honest advice about what can and cannot be done. I understand how important it is for you to be able to continue to do the sport that you love so much and I will do my best to help you achieve this. I qualified in 1995 from University of Wales College of Medicine with Commendation. I did my basic Surgical Training (MRCS) in Manchester in 1998. I spent three years at the Manchester Medical School conducting research into how cells behave when human bone heals after it has broken, for which I was awarded my PhD. I started higher surgical training in 2003 and passed my FRCS (Orth) exam in 2007. During my training, I did the Bolton Knee Fellowship, Leicester Hip Fellowship and visited the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota to complete a Visiting Clinician’s Fellowship. I completed my MFSEM with The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in 2018. Thank you for taking the time to look at my profile.

Nearest Sports and exercise medicine specialists

Short link to review Mr Gaurav Batra PhD, FRCS (Orth), FSEM (Sports Med): http://iwgc.net/eew2g