Mr Zaf Naqui

Mr Naqui is a Consultant Hand, Wrist and Upper Limb Surgeon. His routine practice includes all elective Hand, Wrist and Upper Limb surgery. He also specialises in complex Hand and Wrist trauma and sports injuries. His NHS practice is at Salford Royal Foundation Trust (Hope Hospital), one of the leading teaching hospitals of the University of Manchester. His roles include Specialty Tutor and Lead for Clinical Governance and Patient Safety in Trauma and Orthopaedics. He is an examiner for the European Board Hand Diploma and a committee member for the ‘BSSH Instructional courses in Hand Surgery‘. He is the founder and convenor for the Masterclasses in Hand Surgery for the BSSH. He is also an Honorary Senior Lecturer at the University of Manchester. Mr Naqui is Chair of the North West Surgical Hand Society and SAS Hand Manchester. Mr Naqui was awarded dual postgraduate certification in Hand Surgery from both the British and the European Boards of Hand Surgery in 2013 becoming the first Consultant Surgeon to hold these awards. He is a faculty member on a number of surgical courses, including the preparation of senior surgical trainees for European and British Hand Diploma as well as the specialist FRCS Orthopaedic exam. He has a keen interest in undergraduate and post-graduate teaching as well as surgical training, lecturing in the UK and abroad. He has completed a Masters degree in Orthopaedic Engineering, published his research in numerous journals and presented it within the UK and internationally. One of his research projects evaluated the latest techniques of wrist injury surgery. Mr Naqui is from Manchester and attended The Manchester Grammar School before studying medicine at University College London. He underwent higher specialist training in Orthopaedics in the North West. After this, he undertook a 12 month Hand and Upper Limb Fellowship at Wrightington Hospital followed by a Fellowship in Plastic Hand Surgery. Mr Naqui has also won fellowships at Harvard University and was awarded the prestigious British STACK Fellowship in 2013 and the American Board International ASSH Fellowship in 2014. Mr Naqui is a member of The British Society for Surgery of the Hand, European Wrist Arthroscopy Society and The International Society for Sport Traumatology of the Hand. His hobbies centre on his two young daughters, squash and trekking. In 2009 Mr Naqui trekked to the summit of Mount Kilimajaro and is now attempting to encourage his girls to share his passion for trekking. Speciality Areas: Hand and Wrist Arthroscopy Medicolegal Hand and Wrist Sports Injuries in the Hand and Wrist Wrist Arthroscopy Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Dupuytrens Disease (incl. Injection Therapy) Trigger Finger Ganglion De Quervains Disease and Tendonitis Arthritis of Thumb Arthritis of Hand and Wrist Small Joint replacement Mucous Cyst and Tumours Fractures of Hand and Wrist Scaphoid Fractures Wrist Replacement Elbow Cubital Tunnel / Ulnar Nerve Entrapment Tennis / Golfers Elbow Olecranon Bursitis Elbow Stiffness

8th July 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Although the condition was not cured Mr Naqui did every thing possible to help, explaining in detail the treatments employed and their pros and cons. Further, more invasive procedures were offered, which were declined. If required at later date the procedures were deemed necessary I would not hesitate to return to Mr Naqui.

25th June 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Mr Naqui has operated on my hands twice, he makes himself very easy to understand at consultation, pre operation and post operation, he is very assuring in all aspects of the process.

8th June 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

After a referral from my local GP, I was given an appointment with Mr Naqui within three weeks. On my first visit for my consultation with Mr Naqui he was extremely interested in my issues with my thumb, which I had been suffering with. He recommended that I had a scan on my thumb and was able to proceed with the scan immediately on that day. When I returned for the results of the scan, which again was very quick, it showed that I had broken a small bone in my thumb. Mr Naqui then recommended a conservative form of treatment with a steroid injection. However if this procedure did not reduce the pain that I was feeling, he put a treatment plan in place for myself moving forward. I received the most professional, speedy care and treatment under Mr Naqui.

6th June 2019
Written by a patient at Trafford Health Centre

I have just undergone Carpel Tunnel Release and 12 months aftercare from Mr. Naqui and his team. All in all it was a trouble free experience. Mr Naqui carried out the surgery on a Saturday morning. He did his best to re assure me about the process and to explain what was happening. I didn't feel particularly nervous during the surgery as I couldn't feel anything other than pressure around my wrist. I had follow up appointments with Mr Naqui and several physio appointments. Today I have been discharged from the hospital. I am totally pain free and have full use and feeling back in my hand and fingers. Thank you to Mr. Naqui and the team. Excellent job!

3rd June 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Seen Mr Naqui regarding my hands. He was professional and sent me for some tests. I didn’t have to wait long for either the test or a follow up appointment with Mr Naqui. Very pleased with the treatment received.

Short link to review Mr Zaf Naqui: http://iwgc.net/efbhp