Mr Zaf Naqui

Mr Naqui is a Consultant Hand, Wrist and Upper Limb Surgeon. His routine practice includes all elective Hand, Wrist and Upper Limb surgery. He also specialises in complex Hand and Wrist trauma and sports injuries. His NHS practice is at Salford Royal Foundation Trust (Hope Hospital), one of the leading teaching hospitals of the University of Manchester. His roles include Specialty Tutor and Lead for Clinical Governance and Patient Safety in Trauma and Orthopaedics. He is an examiner for the European Board Hand Diploma and a committee member for the ‘BSSH Instructional courses in Hand Surgery‘. He is the founder and convenor for the Masterclasses in Hand Surgery for the BSSH. He is also an Honorary Senior Lecturer at the University of Manchester. Mr Naqui is Chair of the North West Surgical Hand Society and SAS Hand Manchester. Mr Naqui was awarded dual postgraduate certification in Hand Surgery from both the British and the European Boards of Hand Surgery in 2013 becoming the first Consultant Surgeon to hold these awards. He is a faculty member on a number of surgical courses, including the preparation of senior surgical trainees for European and British Hand Diploma as well as the specialist FRCS Orthopaedic exam. He has a keen interest in undergraduate and post-graduate teaching as well as surgical training, lecturing in the UK and abroad. He has completed a Masters degree in Orthopaedic Engineering, published his research in numerous journals and presented it within the UK and internationally. One of his research projects evaluated the latest techniques of wrist injury surgery. Mr Naqui is from Manchester and attended The Manchester Grammar School before studying medicine at University College London. He underwent higher specialist training in Orthopaedics in the North West. After this, he undertook a 12 month Hand and Upper Limb Fellowship at Wrightington Hospital followed by a Fellowship in Plastic Hand Surgery. Mr Naqui has also won fellowships at Harvard University and was awarded the prestigious British STACK Fellowship in 2013 and the American Board International ASSH Fellowship in 2014. Mr Naqui is a member of The British Society for Surgery of the Hand, European Wrist Arthroscopy Society and The International Society for Sport Traumatology of the Hand. His hobbies centre on his two young daughters, squash and trekking. In 2009 Mr Naqui trekked to the summit of Mount Kilimajaro and is now attempting to encourage his girls to share his passion for trekking. Speciality Areas: Hand and Wrist Arthroscopy Medicolegal Hand and Wrist Sports Injuries in the Hand and Wrist Wrist Arthroscopy Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Dupuytrens Disease (incl. Injection Therapy) Trigger Finger Ganglion De Quervains Disease and Tendonitis Arthritis of Thumb Arthritis of Hand and Wrist Small Joint replacement Mucous Cyst and Tumours Fractures of Hand and Wrist Scaphoid Fractures Wrist Replacement Elbow Cubital Tunnel / Ulnar Nerve Entrapment Tennis / Golfers Elbow Olecranon Bursitis Elbow Stiffness

11th December 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

The treatment went exceptionally well and I am very pleased with the outcome. Mr Naqui is a very polite gentleman and his care for me was extremely good. The pain I had, which was quite severe, has completely gone and I am more than pleased with the treatment I received.

9th December 2018
Written by a patient at Salford Royal Hospital

I have been struggling with hand pain and numbness and tingling for several months and i was not sure what could be the cause of this. I asked my GP to refer me and i was seen by Dr Naqvi in clinic. His appraoch to dealing with the presenting complaint at hand and his explanation of the cause of the problem was very well done. He explained the reason for my symtpoms and offered me surgery to help with my condition, namely carpal tunnel syndrome. The date for the surgery came through the post very fast and i had the surgery done within 10 mins of attending my appointment. It was a quick procedure and i was looked after by him and his staff very well. I have fully recovered from the symtpoms and my would has fully healed. There were no complications. He is an excellent doctor with a great passion to help others and goes out lf his way to make the care of patiemts his first priority. He has since followed me up in clinic to make sure i have been doing well. I would highly recommend him for those that may have hand, wrist or elbow conditions and want the best outcome or even just for advice.

27th November 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

I injured my little finger in a taxi door, I completely broke the nail in half straight across the middle and you could see to the nail bed below. I contacted Spire Manchester Hospital who arranged for me to be seen by Mr Naqui that day. I had an x-ray of the little finger and then met Mr Naqui. The service was superb, he gave me a local anaesthetic, remove the nail, stitched the nail bed, dressed the finger and gave me antibiotics. This was all completed in outpatients in under an hour.................. wow. It was a great service and I am a very grateful patient. The outpatient nurses then dressed the finger each week until it all healed well. I now have a new nail and my finger looks great, all back to normal. I can’t thank Mr Naqui and the OPD team at Spire Manchester enough for their prompt service and great care. I would highly recommend this consultant and his team.

23rd November 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

From my first visit to Dr Naqui for my carpal tunnel operation, he was very friendly and explained everything to me very clearly and told me what to expect after it, including the soreness and pain etc. Within weeks I was in for my op and it all went very smoothly. The scar is minimal, very neat work I have to say and on review this week, he explained to me clearly how to improve soreness and tightness I was experiencing, which is normal, and now I know what exercises to do to reduce this completely. The operation was a great success with instant relief from the pins and needles and numbness I had before. Even though I type for my job, I was worried it would come back etc, but I am symptom free. Now for the other hand! Thank you to Dr Naqui

22nd November 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Excellent service by Mr Naqui, Candice and BMI healthcare staff. Following an XRay, Mr Naqui performed wrist arthroscopy and removal ganglion 7 days later. Physiotherapy arranged and recovery progressed really well.

Short link to review Mr Zaf Naqui: http://iwgc.net/efbhp