Mr Zaf Naqui

Mr Naqui is a Consultant Hand, Wrist and Upper Limb Surgeon. His routine practice includes all elective Hand, Wrist and Upper Limb surgery. He also specialises in complex Hand and Wrist trauma and sports injuries. His NHS practice is at Salford Royal Foundation Trust (Hope Hospital), one of the leading teaching hospitals of the University of Manchester. His roles include Specialty Tutor and Lead for Clinical Governance and Patient Safety in Trauma and Orthopaedics. He is an examiner for the European Board Hand Diploma and a committee member for the ‘BSSH Instructional courses in Hand Surgery‘. He is the founder and convenor for the Masterclasses in Hand Surgery for the BSSH. He is also an Honorary Senior Lecturer at the University of Manchester. Mr Naqui is Chair of the North West Surgical Hand Society and SAS Hand Manchester. Mr Naqui was awarded dual postgraduate certification in Hand Surgery from both the British and the European Boards of Hand Surgery in 2013 becoming the first Consultant Surgeon to hold these awards. He is a faculty member on a number of surgical courses, including the preparation of senior surgical trainees for European and British Hand Diploma as well as the specialist FRCS Orthopaedic exam. He has a keen interest in undergraduate and post-graduate teaching as well as surgical training, lecturing in the UK and abroad. He has completed a Masters degree in Orthopaedic Engineering, published his research in numerous journals and presented it within the UK and internationally. One of his research projects evaluated the latest techniques of wrist injury surgery. Mr Naqui is from Manchester and attended The Manchester Grammar School before studying medicine at University College London. He underwent higher specialist training in Orthopaedics in the North West. After this, he undertook a 12 month Hand and Upper Limb Fellowship at Wrightington Hospital followed by a Fellowship in Plastic Hand Surgery. Mr Naqui has also won fellowships at Harvard University and was awarded the prestigious British STACK Fellowship in 2013 and the American Board International ASSH Fellowship in 2014. Mr Naqui is a member of The British Society for Surgery of the Hand, European Wrist Arthroscopy Society and The International Society for Sport Traumatology of the Hand. His hobbies centre on his two young daughters, squash and trekking. In 2009 Mr Naqui trekked to the summit of Mount Kilimajaro and is now attempting to encourage his girls to share his passion for trekking. Speciality Areas: Hand and Wrist Arthroscopy Medicolegal Hand and Wrist Sports Injuries in the Hand and Wrist Wrist Arthroscopy Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Dupuytrens Disease (incl. Injection Therapy) Trigger Finger Ganglion De Quervains Disease and Tendonitis Arthritis of Thumb Arthritis of Hand and Wrist Small Joint replacement Mucous Cyst and Tumours Fractures of Hand and Wrist Scaphoid Fractures Wrist Replacement Elbow Cubital Tunnel / Ulnar Nerve Entrapment Tennis / Golfers Elbow Olecranon Bursitis Elbow Stiffness

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

26th July 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

I have just had a Dupuytrens operation, that was to straighten my ring finger on my left hand. I was very nervous about the operation as I was coping with a bent finger very well and could do most things in my adapted ways. The decision was made and the op went well and what a difference, I did not realise how bad my hand was until it is back to normal again now. The scar is healing well, no pain just a little soreness but nothing much. I have to sleep with my fingers in a splint but that is no concern after the first night it feels normal. I am so glad I was brave and had the operation. Back to normal, what a good Job Mr Naqui has done. Thank you very much, I will not be as hesitant if in the future I need another finger operated on. Thanks again

1st July 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Mr Naqui is an extremely friendly and helpful consultant. Acted quickly and made sure I received all the support I needed when I broke my wrist. He quickly identified the break and advised potential repercussions. He ensured I had a suitable cast for an upcoming flight and letters needed for the airline. Undoubted skill and excellent bedside manner from start to finish with a fantastic outcome of a fully healed fracture with complete rotation.

27th June 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

Dr Naqui and team were absolutely wonderful. From the initial consultation (after breaking my wrist in 4 places), the surgery and after care. Before the surgery I was made to feel at ease, during the surgery Dr Naqui explained what was happening and i even felt brave enough to have a little look at what was happening during surgery! I was blown away by the care from the team before during and after surgery. After the surgery the team made so much effort to make me feel comfortable and Dr Naqui even came to check i was ok and the pain relief was working. I was released the same day ☺ and my hand was working within hours. Amazing! I only had 5 days off sick from work which could have been 8 weeks if i had waited for the breaks to heal themselves.

13th June 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I have had three procedures with Zaf, he is a really nice, warm and caring consultant. All the staff with whom I came in contact said what a really lovely man he was to work with and how they'll all liked and trusted him. The procedures on my hand were successful and I am very pleased with the outcome. I would have no hesitation in recommending this consultant.

8th June 2017
Written by a patient at Salford Royal Hospital

I was suffering from trigger finger that had been stuck in a locked position for 7 weeks, it was painful, and stopping me from working. I visited Mr Naqui in his clinic at Trafford General. He knew exactly how i was feeling,and how desperate i was to get my finger back to normal. Mr Naqui admitted me for surgery within two weeks. When admitted the staff were amazing they talked me through everything. They let me know how long i would be waiting, i was taken down earlier which was great. Mr Naqui and his staff talked to me, and made me feel at ease and when i asked questions they were answered so i understood. After surgery Mr Naqui told me i had to exercise my hand straight away, which i did and i have had several weeks of physio, that has helped. My finger is now moving as it should be, I am very pleased with the results, i can work again now. I can't praise Mr Naqui enough.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »