Mr Zaf Naqui

Mr Naqui is a Consultant Hand, Wrist and Upper Limb Surgeon. His routine practice includes all elective Hand, Wrist and Upper Limb surgery. He also specialises in complex Hand and Wrist trauma and sports injuries. His NHS practice is at Salford Royal Foundation Trust (Hope Hospital), one of the leading teaching hospitals of the University of Manchester. His roles include Specialty Tutor and Lead for Clinical Governance and Patient Safety in Trauma and Orthopaedics. He is an examiner for the European Board Hand Diploma and a committee member for the ‘BSSH Instructional courses in Hand Surgery‘. He is the founder and convenor for the Masterclasses in Hand Surgery for the BSSH. He is also an Honorary Senior Lecturer at the University of Manchester. Mr Naqui is Chair of the North West Surgical Hand Society and SAS Hand Manchester. Mr Naqui was awarded dual postgraduate certification in Hand Surgery from both the British and the European Boards of Hand Surgery in 2013 becoming the first Consultant Surgeon to hold these awards. He is a faculty member on a number of surgical courses, including the preparation of senior surgical trainees for European and British Hand Diploma as well as the specialist FRCS Orthopaedic exam. He has a keen interest in undergraduate and post-graduate teaching as well as surgical training, lecturing in the UK and abroad. He has completed a Masters degree in Orthopaedic Engineering, published his research in numerous journals and presented it within the UK and internationally. One of his research projects evaluated the latest techniques of wrist injury surgery. Mr Naqui is from Manchester and attended The Manchester Grammar School before studying medicine at University College London. He underwent higher specialist training in Orthopaedics in the North West. After this, he undertook a 12 month Hand and Upper Limb Fellowship at Wrightington Hospital followed by a Fellowship in Plastic Hand Surgery. Mr Naqui has also won fellowships at Harvard University and was awarded the prestigious British STACK Fellowship in 2013 and the American Board International ASSH Fellowship in 2014. Mr Naqui is a member of The British Society for Surgery of the Hand, European Wrist Arthroscopy Society and The International Society for Sport Traumatology of the Hand. His hobbies centre on his two young daughters, squash and trekking. In 2009 Mr Naqui trekked to the summit of Mount Kilimajaro and is now attempting to encourage his girls to share his passion for trekking. Speciality Areas: Hand and Wrist Arthroscopy Medicolegal Hand and Wrist Sports Injuries in the Hand and Wrist Wrist Arthroscopy Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Dupuytrens Disease (incl. Injection Therapy) Trigger Finger Ganglion De Quervains Disease and Tendonitis Arthritis of Thumb Arthritis of Hand and Wrist Small Joint replacement Mucous Cyst and Tumours Fractures of Hand and Wrist Scaphoid Fractures Wrist Replacement Elbow Cubital Tunnel / Ulnar Nerve Entrapment Tennis / Golfers Elbow Olecranon Bursitis Elbow Stiffness

16th October 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

I had a Ganglion on my left wrist which was removed arthroscopically on 5th September 2018 by Mr Naqui. My wrist is now back to normal and I am delighted with the results. I would certainly recommend Mr Naqui and his team . Thank you

5th October 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I have carpul tunnel in both wrists due to working in construction for 20 years, I went along for a conceltation with Mr Naqui and he reasured me he could possibly help me out threw carpul tunnel surgery. I've had my right wrist operated on and it's completely different all pain/ numbness and aches have been reduced 100 % .Just in the middle of arranging to get my left wrist done due to the pain I'm in at the moment with that wrist. I would 100% recommend anyone with similar symtens to get in contact with Mr Naqui team for a conceltation and 100% recommend Mr Naqui as he did a brilliant job on my right wrist.

3rd October 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

A very charming person to deal with.

25th September 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

I first saw Dr Naqui when I was in severe pain in both my thumb, which I couldn’t move, and in my arm. After X-rays and listening carefully to me he said I had two problems, tendonitis in my arm and arthritis in my thumb.He said he could relieve the pain in my arm with an injection which he did immediately and recommended another injection into my thumb under X-ray. I had relief from my arm pain but not from the thumb so he then recommended operating on my thumb to remove the arthritic bone and replace it with a piece of tendon. Sounded drastic to me but his clear explanation of the operation inspired my confidence in him so I went ahead - especially as I was not having to endure an anaesthetic. During the operation he informed me of every step he was taking and reassured me that we had made the right decision. His manner was so caring. It is now three months later and my thumb is fully functional with no pain, the hand physio certainly helped as well. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Dr Naqui and when my other thumb gives up I’ll be back to see him again.

21st September 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Mr. Naqui provided a good clear diagnosis of my condition, and the treatments that were possible. In the end I opted for a surgical procedure that was carried out at the Alexandra BMI in August. One minor complaint was the lack of information on the day relating to where I was on the list and the potential timing. In the end I was operated early evening after being there since 7am. A long wait without food and water. After the operation the recovery care was exemplary, and the Physiotherapy sessions at the BMI with Esther and Lindsey were extremely helpful. It is now seven weeks on, and I am back to normal, pain free, and with full use of my hand.

Short link to review Mr Zaf Naqui: http://iwgc.net/efbhp