Professor Sanjiv Jari

Professor Sanjiv Jari is a renowned expert in the treatment of knee joint and muscle problems, with a special emphasis on sports injuries and arthritis. He has been involved in the development and advancement of minimal incision and keyhole surgical techniques and enhanced recovery techniques all of which potentially allow shorter hospital stays and quicker return to function. This is particularly true for the less invasive complete and partial knee joint replacements that he performs routinely.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

« 1 2 3 4 »

7th August 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Dear Professor Jari, It is now some 7 months since my full knee and kneecap replacement op. Firstly I would like to say that from the first time I stood on my leg after the operation I was amazed at how quickly I recovered. After a few days I could weight-bear on it. Then the subsequent progress to walking on the leg. Even after a week I found myself forgetting my crutches. I must say that I followed my exercise regime rigidly and I am sure that I gained great benefit from building up the muscle-tone in both my legs. Equally I believe that the care and attention to detail you showed in the surgery meant that my knee was disturbed minimally so there was as little soreness as there could possibly be. The mechanical cushion you had set up for me under my knee in bed which bent my leg whilst just lying there and the excellent physio and advice given to me regarding exercises have all contributed to my quick and sound recovery My progress has continued and I went for my first walk, 1 Mile at 5 weeks after my op. I was staggered at my progress. From there I gradually worked my way up to 3 miles after 2 months, 4 miles - 4 months, 6 miles - 5 months. Since when I have stopped counting. May give you my utmost thanks for the wonderful job which you did for me. Very best regards

18th July 2018
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

I am a 68 year old lady and underwent a total knee replacement as an NHS patient on 7th March 2018 under the care of Professor Jari. I found Professor Jari to be a very particular and exacting surgeon. I followed all of his advice and had no complications throughout the healing process. I did all the prescribed exercises and although they were hard at first, I persevered and they got easier. I recently realised that my knee was not painful for the first time since I was 17. I cannot thank Professor Jari enough and think he is fabulous.

6th June 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

I had a knee replacement carried out by Professor Jari in November last year. Previously I had been in crippling pain even though I had had an arthroscopy which proved to be unsuccessful. It was decided that he best solution would be a knee replacement. The result has been life changing. During my initial appointment , Professor Jari fully explained the process and sequence of events. The treatment and care provided at the Spire was excellent. Professor Jari was reassuring throughout and filled me with confidence that I could progress by following his advice on exercise and rehabilitation . I am now fully active and have resumed work and am looking forward to the future. Thanks to Professor Jari and all the staff at the Spire.

5th June 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Professor Jari fitted me with a new knee in early April this year. The Hospital I opted for was the Alexandre at Cheadle and I have nothing but praise for the standard of care shown by all the team there. They were so caring and understanding, so much so that I wrote to the Hospital’s Director singing their praises generally and highlighting 4 members of staff who were “stars amongst stars” Equally, I have nothing but praise for Professor Jari. I have total respect and appreciation for the professional way he has handled everything from the original consultation all the way through to the post-operative consultations. At 4 weeks I was able to cope with 1 crutch rather than 2 and at the same time to start walking around my home without any crutch at all. At the 6 week stage I was able to pick up static cycling and using the cross-trainer in the gym at pre-operation intensity. I am now at the 8 week stage and am starting to get out in the open air without any crutches and gradually extending the distance walked. My knee is settling down well and the post-operative pain and swelling I expected was I believe kept to a minimum because of how professionally the operation was carried out. Professor Jari was objective in his opinions and gave me all the information I needed to reach a decision that I felt was right for me. To summarise, based on my experience I have zero hesitation in recommending Professor Jari to anyone who is considering a new knee. He is excellent.

17th May 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

I attended the Spire Manchester on Friday the 9th March for a total knee replacement procedure by Prof’ Jari. I arrived at 7am and left on Monday afternoon the 12th March. From start to finish I can’t speak highly enough of all the staff involved from, reception, to admission on the ward / room. The catering staff, cleaners, nurses, physio’s etc were all very kind, pleasant and accommodating. The physio’s and nursing staff were excellent, very professional and efficient. Prof Jari performed a sterling job on my knee as well. I am just nine weeks into recovery and all is going really well. After just two weeks my physio said the knee mobility was far better than she would expect. I was off the stronger pain relief within two weeks, without the relief the pain was minimal, I’d say there was more discomfort than pain. The range of movement continued to improve and I was able to drive again after just 3 weeks. After eight weeks I was able to start using a static bike and do some swimming. I could walk unaided at eight weeks although with a bit of a limp as the minimal swelling still causes discomfort and restricts the full movement. The scaring is very neat and hardly visible. I am now at 9 weeks and delighted with my progress.

« 1 2 3 4 »