Professor Sanjiv Jari

Professor Sanjiv Jari is a renowned expert in the treatment of knee joint and muscle problems, with a special emphasis on sports injuries and arthritis. He has been involved in the development and advancement of minimal incision and keyhole surgical techniques and enhanced recovery techniques all of which potentially allow shorter hospital stays and quicker return to function. This is particularly true for the less invasive complete and partial knee joint replacements that he performs routinely.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

19th October 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

My experience was first class from the initial consultation through to the physio and then to be signed off.Professor Jari explained the procedure so there were no surprises, and I have not felt any pain throughout .He emphasised the need to continue exercising at home and it has made a huge difference; on each visit for physio there was a big improvement.I hope I won't need an operation on the other knee, but should it be necessary I would not hesitate to have Professor Jari carry out the procedure. And for the encouragement Natalie gave me in physio.It is not a quick fix, but if you have faith in the surgeon and ensure you regularly exercise, then you will achieve the same outcome as I have.Thank you Professor Jari.

2nd October 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

I have no hesitation in recommending Professor Jari and the healthcare and physiotherapy team at Spire Manchester Hospital. Professor Jari performed a signature knee replacement on my left knee in February 2018. The operation was very succesful and my recovery has been incredible. As an added bonus, Professor Jari re-aligned my lower left leg during the operation which had been at an angle of 22 degrees. I have gained 2cm and now walk tall and straight! As Professor jari will tell you, it is extremely important that you don't destroy all his good work and that you must follow the physiotherapy recommended by the staff there. I can honestly say that I did this and the results were incredible. The best compliment I can give is that after months and years of pain and walking strangely I am now pain free and have even taken up golf which I am enjoying tremendously. To say that Professor Jari changed my life is an understatement. I felt so emotional meeting him at the 6 weeks review and thanking him for everything that he had done for me. Even then he was modest enough to say that I played my part but without him there would have been no part to play. I have just had my 6 month review with Professor Jari and we are both very impressed with the progress so he has now signed me off. If I ever need my right knee replaced, I will have no hesitation in returning to the care of Professor Jari. He is easy to communicate with, very professional and clearly a dedicated and skilful surgeon.

26th September 2018
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

To Professor Jari and all your team in theatre, with grateful thanks for all your kindness shown to me during my recent knee operation. Kind regards Pamela Hallworth

7th August 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Dear Professor Jari, It is now some 7 months since my full knee and kneecap replacement op. Firstly I would like to say that from the first time I stood on my leg after the operation I was amazed at how quickly I recovered. After a few days I could weight-bear on it. Then the subsequent progress to walking on the leg. Even after a week I found myself forgetting my crutches. I must say that I followed my exercise regime rigidly and I am sure that I gained great benefit from building up the muscle-tone in both my legs. Equally I believe that the care and attention to detail you showed in the surgery meant that my knee was disturbed minimally so there was as little soreness as there could possibly be. The mechanical cushion you had set up for me under my knee in bed which bent my leg whilst just lying there and the excellent physio and advice given to me regarding exercises have all contributed to my quick and sound recovery My progress has continued and I went for my first walk, 1 Mile at 5 weeks after my op. I was staggered at my progress. From there I gradually worked my way up to 3 miles after 2 months, 4 miles - 4 months, 6 miles - 5 months. Since when I have stopped counting. May give you my utmost thanks for the wonderful job which you did for me. Very best regards

18th July 2018
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

I am a 68 year old lady and underwent a total knee replacement as an NHS patient on 7th March 2018 under the care of Professor Jari. I found Professor Jari to be a very particular and exacting surgeon. I followed all of his advice and had no complications throughout the healing process. I did all the prescribed exercises and although they were hard at first, I persevered and they got easier. I recently realised that my knee was not painful for the first time since I was 17. I cannot thank Professor Jari enough and think he is fabulous.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »