Professor Sanjiv Jari

Professor Sanjiv Jari is a renowned expert in the treatment of knee joint and muscle problems, with a special emphasis on sports injuries and arthritis. He has been involved in the development and advancement of minimal incision and keyhole surgical techniques and enhanced recovery techniques all of which potentially allow shorter hospital stays and quicker return to function. This is particularly true for the less invasive complete and partial knee joint replacements that he performs routinely.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

6th February 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

In August 2018 I had a total knee replacement performed by Professor Sanjiv Jari at the Alexandra hospital. Six months on I have excellent movement in my replaced left knee and I am able to walk a couple of miles with no problem. I would like to thank Professor Jari and his team for a very successful operation. Doreen McGowan

28th December 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

I’ve had persistent knee problems for years due to pronated patellae leading to severe arthritis and very worn patellae. In late 2017 my right knee got much worse due to also damaging my cartilage and it significantly limited what I could do. After much debate I decided to go for a knee replacement with Professor Jari in February 2018, as I’m only 60 this was a big decision to make, but I received all the information I required in order to make an informed decision. I had a full knee and patella replacement and a lateral release of the ligaments to hopefully stop the new patella being pulled out of place, the knee operation all went very well. It took longer than I’d expected though for all the soft tissues to repair and heal. I did all the exercises as advised and in fact probably did too much so making it harder for the tendons and hamstring to repair. Professor Jari was excellent both with the operation and throughout my post op recovery period. He saw me regularly, arranged extra physio and advised me how to continue on the road to recovery. Then after about 6 months everything took an amazing turn for the better. My new knee is now fantastic and as a result of being so much stronger has also taken pressure off my left knee so that is also now much improved. I am back to mountaineering, cycling and swimming and I’m stronger and fitter than I’ve been for years. So whilst it may have taken longer than I expected to get back to full fitness the care I received from Prof Jari and all his team was excellent and it has been very, very well worth undergoing this knee replacement. Kind regards Jean Llewellyn

13th December 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

Regarding my recent surgery for a part knee replacement done by Professor Jari using the Mako-robot, the overall experience has been first class from the diagnostic to the treatment pre-op and more importantly post-op. The arrangement of bookings for x-rays, scans to consultations has been excellent. The staff have gone beyond their duty to make me feel totally at ease with everything from choosing which Hospital to making appointments and choosing my physio. Especially Claire the practice manager who went above and beyond in helping me with regards my Insurance questions and any worries/concerns that I may have had. It has now been 8 weeks since my operation and I wish I would have had it done sooner because there is no longer anymore pain in my left knee, I feel like a completely different person now and look forward to getting back to my regular hobbies that I couldn’t do because of the pain I was in. Here’s to happy golfing/swimming/cycling. I would certainly recommend Professor Jari (Thekneedoc) for whatever treatment that you may require. Many thanks for everything Dave McGuirk 12 Dec 2018

10th December 2018
Written by a carer at Spire Manchester Hospital

One year on from ACL surgery we would like to thank Professor Jari and his team for the ACL surgery he performed on our daughter Hannah. Hannah sustained a knee injury at the end of her first year of a dance degree and as you can imagine she was extremely concerned that it would effect her future career path but with the expert ACL surgery performed by Professor Jari along with the rehabilitation programme Hannah has been able to continue with her dancing and is now in her final year. We would also like to thank Claire the Practice Manager for all her support and reassurance throughout. Hannah and ourselves would not hesitate to recommend Professor Jari and his team "

19th November 2018
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

I met Mr Jari in 2017 at Oaklands in Salford, it wasn’t my first visit to Oaklands as I had a previous knee operation under Mr Sampath a good few years ago. Following initial contact with him I found his advice invaluable at the time and despite putting off surgery the advice he gave was useful but more importantly it was the personal touch that left its mark on me. Having been discharged at the time there was an open invitation to make contact with him in the future if my knee issues continued. I had to persevere with my knee until August of this year when the pain became too much. After my own GP got me back to Oaklands I again met with Mr Jari and once again having organised a scan and xrays within an hour or so a follow up appointment was made within 2 weeks. At the follow up, Mr Jari discussed at length the options open to me, he gave me his advice and views on how he saw my predicament but even more importantly he listened in full to my own views about how I saw my knee problems. It is perhaps this point that made me realises just what a quality person he really is. On 3rd October I had my operation at Oaklands, I was the first in on a wet and windy Wednesday morning fro. The very time I arrived at hospital each and every member of staff was great, friendly, supportive and couldn’t do enough especially when it came to soothing the nerves pre operation. The same happened in theatre, the staff were brilliant keeping you talking, involved and supporting you. Having had the operation the immediate aftercare was superb, coffee and toast, everyone helpful in fact they couldnt do enough for me. At my follow up appointment 4 weeks later, Mr Jari was again brilliant. We sat down, he e planned everything about what he had done, his observations and advice were taken onboard and yet again his sole focus was the patient, me, which I found unreal especially after a horrible experience with the NHS a number of years ago. I am pain free and I know that at some point in the future I will require a knee replacement and as long as he is still around Mr Jari is the person who I know I can trust to do it right. So, from me, many many thanks Mr Jari, you are a gentleman and your staff are a credit. I hope that I don’t see you again but if I do I know that my knee will be savage in your hands. Thank you once again.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »