professor-sanjiv-jari

Professor Sanjiv Jari

Written by a NHS patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital
18th November 2021

From beginning to end I felt confident that I was being cared for by a professional; he was thorough and well informed which made me feel assured. In the run up to the operation it might have been better to discuss the negative outcomes before I was dressed in the theatre gown (though it gave me a good story to tell). The operation and immediate after care went without incident. In the follow-up consultations he checked I was happy and provided good advice to complete a good recovery. I did have a few weeks of discomfort from the operation and needed some checks - these were generally handled by my GP and local A&E hospital, but Prof Jari was always available for advice and direction.

5th November 2021

I cannot thank and recommend Prof Jari enough! Having suffered chronic knee pain for over 2 years and spending most of this time under another consultant who was unsure and unable to diagnose the exact nature and cause of the complaint, I was relieved and equally amazed to be pain free within 5 months of my first visit to Professor Jari at the wonderful and welcoming Spire Manchester private hospital. In fact, it took only 2 consultations (plus scans) to identify that I had a patella tendon problem, put in place the treatment plan and have the procedure that has improved my life dramatically. As a father of 2 young and active daughters, I’m not the only one pleased that I am once again able to go about life completely pain free. If you have a knee problem then don’t hesitate, from my experience, you will not regret seeking help from Professor Jari.

19th May 2021

I had severe knee pain for over 4 years before I saw Professor Jari. Whilst I had seen others in the past each time I had been told to lose weight before any treatment would be considered. I was recommended Professor Jari by my Mother after her knee replacement surgery had been carried out by him. As soon as the first consultation started I knew that this time was different. Here was a surgeon who treated each patient as a whole person and not just another case. He listened carefully, acknowledging both my pain and its impact on my life, but also the difficulty this created for me losing weight. Since that first consultation, the Prof has guided me through successive treatments, all giving me extra pain-free months before finally suggesting a total knee replacement using the Mako Robot. This procedure was undertaken in February this year and considering the trying circumstances and the loneliness of being in hospital with no visitors (due to covid restrictions) the care and support provided by the Prof and his team were second to none. Everything was explained to me carefully, from the pre-op tests through to the post-op support and regime. I knew what was happening when and why and any fears were allayed by the care given. I am now 3 months post-surgery and everyone can see the difference in me. My leg is now straight for the first time in years, I am free from both pain and medication all thanks to one person willing to listen. Professor Jari is not only an excellent surgeon, but he is also a remarkable person who listens and provides you with confidence when you are stepping onto your agreed treatment path. I would recommend him to anyone who has knee problems, especially those who may be worried about any potential treatment, he will listen and guide you with care and skill.

22nd April 2021

I have experienced a “creaky” right knee for some considerable time. However, barely six months ago, it became increasingly painful and walking was difficult and certainly no longer a pleasure. I had a consultation with Professor Jari who scrutinised the MRI and X-Ray of my knee. He suggested that my best course of action was to consider n-Stride Aps treatment. The procedure could not have been more straightforward and the whole process from arriving at the hospital and leaving took barely an hour. Throughout the procedure, Professor Jari explained the process and, true to his word, it was completely painless. Four weeks on from the treatment, I can walk with ease, ascend and descend stairs normally. I don’t think that I am over-stating the case, but thanks to Professor Jari, I am liberated from discomfort and difficulty in walking.

Professor Sanjiv Jari is a renowned knee expert, with a special emphasis on sports injuries and arthritis.He is able to offer steroid injections into the knee joint, in addition to hyaluronic acid injections and n-Stride, which is an autologous treatment designed to combat arthritis. He has been involved in the development and advancement of minimal incision and keyhole surgical techniques and enhanced recovery techniques all of which potentially allow shorter hospital stays and quicker return to function. He also offers personalised Signature Total Knee Replacement surgery in addition to being the first surgeon in the North West to perform a Mako Robotic Assisted total knee replacement.

Short link to review Professor Sanjiv Jari: http://iwgc.net/eefn8