Mr Christopher Anderson

Mr Christopher Anderson is a consultant Urological surgeon with a general Urological practise as well as a specialist interest in renal and prostate cancer. In his general Urological practise he manages a wide spectrum of conditions : urinary infections, voiding and bladder problems, enlarged prostates (BPH), haematuria (blood in urine), circumcision, fertility workup, vasectomy / reversal vasectomy and erectile dysfunction. He has particular expertise in minimally invasive robotic and laparoscopic surgical approaches. Mr Anderson completed his undergraduate work at Stellenbosch and his postgraduate training in Cape Town, South Africa, before taking up a substantive consultant post at St George's Healthcare in 1999. He undertook fellowships to Cleveland, the University of Miami and Detroit in the United States before travelling to the University of Leipzig in Germany to further his training in both renal and prostate cancer surgery. Mr Anderson was one of the first to adopt laparoscopic techniques in urology surgery in the UK. In 2004 he introduced laparoscopic renal cryotherapy, also the first operation of its kind in the UK. He continued to develop this technique and has the largest series with long term follow-up in the country. He was an integral member of the team that pioneered robotic surgery in the UK, introducing the robotic surgery programme to St George's Healthcare in July 2008, and has successfully developed the service as lead robotic surgeon.

Written by a patient at Parkside Hospital

What can one say about a doctor who has probably saved one's life? "Thankyou" doesn't quite seem to fit the bill.. From the first consultation to the most recent checkup, Mr Anderson has been encouraging while being honest about possible negative outcomes but he still managed to fill me with confidence going into theatre. That confidence kept me in a positive frame of mind during the following chemotherapy program and enabled me to complete it without undue hardship. I am indebted.

Written by a patient at The Princess Grace Hospital

We have been extremely pleased to be handled by Mr Anderson ‎and his wife who has been particularly helpful at the time of need. Mr Anderson has explained to us the process right from the beginning and made sure that no questions are being left unanswered ensuring we are comfortable ‎with our decision. We felt that we received great care during our stay at the princess greys hospital, Mr Anderson keeps a close eye on his patients whilst they are in hospital and makes daily visits to his patients in the mornings. We highly recommend Mr. Anderson for his profession and service.

Written by a patient at Parkside Hospital

Mr Anderson has given very professional and considered advice. He has listened, and acted quickly to resolve concerns that I had around my PSA readings. I am happy to recommend him.

9th August 2018
Written by a patient at The Princess Grace Hospital

I could not be happier with my decision for Chris Anderson to undertake my Kidney removal. Before the operation he very clearly explained what would happen to my wife and I. He came across as very knowledgeable. The operation itself was carried out without any complications. Whilst in hospital I saw him every morning. This was unexpected and greatly appreciated. I have recovered as expected from the operation with no complications. For me, the communication between consultant and patient has been as good as it could be.

6th August 2018
Written by a patient at Parkside Hospital

My wife and I have had two meetings with Chris Anderson in connection with the finding of a malignant tumour on my left kidney which came about during a routine back scan, Mr Anderson explained extremely clearly the implications for a partial nephrectomy which is being planned for later in the year and I approach this operation with the utmost confidence in his ability in regard to this challenging surgery. He has very good interpersonal skills and a confident and relaxed manner which put us both at ease.

Short link to review Mr Christopher Anderson: http://iwgc.net/ecnzh