Mr Christopher Anderson

Mr Christopher Anderson is a consultant Urological surgeon with a general Urological practise as well as a specialist interest in renal and prostate cancer. In his general Urological practise he manages a wide spectrum of conditions : urinary infections, voiding and bladder problems, enlarged prostates (BPH), haematuria (blood in urine), circumcision, fertility workup, vasectomy / reversal vasectomy and erectile dysfunction. He has particular expertise in minimally invasive robotic and laparoscopic surgical approaches. Mr Anderson completed his undergraduate work at Stellenbosch and his postgraduate training in Cape Town, South Africa, before taking up a substantive consultant post at St George's Healthcare in 1999. He undertook fellowships to Cleveland, the University of Miami and Detroit in the United States before travelling to the University of Leipzig in Germany to further his training in both renal and prostate cancer surgery. Mr Anderson was one of the first to adopt laparoscopic techniques in urology surgery in the UK. In 2004 he introduced laparoscopic renal cryotherapy, also the first operation of its kind in the UK. He continued to develop this technique and has the largest series with long term follow-up in the country. He was an integral member of the team that pioneered robotic surgery in the UK, introducing the robotic surgery programme to St George's Healthcare in July 2008, and has successfully developed the service as lead robotic surgeon.

3rd February 2019
Written by a carer at Parkside Hospital

I am not a resident of UK, but have consulted him occasionally for a Benign Prostate Enlargement condition for over 13 years. He has diligently guided me and kept my record.

1st February 2019
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

I spent 14 years visiting different doctors for chronic pain and reoccurring kidney infections only to be told “learn to live with it”. It was only by chance I was admitted to St. George’s in 2005 and thankfully put under Dr Anderson’s care. He was able to diagnose my problem immediately (duplex kidney/blocked/scarred) and very soon after he performed partial nephrectomy. Dr Anderson takes his time to ensure his patients understand everything and is extremely caring. On the day of my surgery the porters were taking their time so Dr Anderson came and wheeled me up himself, he truly goes above and beyond to put his patients at ease. He is very compassionate and doesn’t make you feel like your just another patient ticked off the waiting list, like a lot of other Doctors do. I would 100% recommend Dr Anderson! He saved my life, when countless others gave up hope!

31st January 2019
Written by a patient at The Princess Grace Hospital

Mr Anderson treated me for a tumour on my kidney. He helped me enormously and was very caring and attentive. I highly recommend him should you require his surgical services

29th January 2019
Written by a patient at Parkside Hospital

Good doctor, as far as I could tell. Only saw him a couple of times.

27th January 2019
Written by a patient at Parkside Hospital

I suppose, like most patients, I want my doctor to be competent! As far as I can tell - and so far my treatment seems to confirm this - Chris Anderson is. He can be a little dour at times, but this has not affected my confidence that I'm in safe hands. I'd recommend him to friends.

Short link to review Mr Christopher Anderson: http://iwgc.net/ecnzh