St George's Hospital

Blackshaw Road, London, England, SW17 0QT

14th May 2022

No care, feels like none of them want to be here. Don’t care for the patients, don’t communicate with them or other colleagues. They lie about what has been done when relatives call for updates. They need to improve in every aspect of their services.

20th April 2022

Great Hospital , Great Staff i think that says it all

2nd April 2022

I was in Richmond Ward. The staff are nasty, rude and very disrespectful. Nurses are just not what they used to be. They just hang around their computers like zombies with zero interaction or communication with the patients. It is disgusting how much downhill St George's has gone. They just don't care anymore and have a disgusting attitude. Worst experience I have ever had in any hospital. I walked out. Couldn't take it anymore. Before I didn't mind being in hospital, now I feel extremely uncomfortable because people have become so nasty and horrible. I hate them !!!!

26th March 2022

The actual doctor that has seen me in the initial assessment area is nice and caring enough, the receptionists are unhelpful and sounds dismissive. Made my already an overwhelming day even worse.

9th March 2022

I was treated on two separate occasions during Covid -19 restrictions on Vernon Ward for total knee replacements. I was in hospital for a total of almost six weeks. During those times the entire staff were working under intense pressure, not least implementing and maintaining a “Green status” ward environment. From Consultants to cleaners and trolley staff but especially the Nurses acted with huge professionalism, care, courtesy and calmness when dealing with a multi-disciplinary mix of patients who on occasions, were not easy to deal with and not always co-operative. Levels of cleaning standards were high from my advantage point despite criticism from supervising staff on one occasion which seemed to demoralise the staff concerned rather than being supportive. My only criticism and concern was the large number of patients using the two toilets closest to my bed area. At this point Vernon Ward was mixed with fluctuating ratios of male/female beds. Many had conditions requiring very frequent toilet trips. Despite frequent visits by staff to clean, I felt that there was an inadequate number available on the whole ward. In many post-op situations having men and women using the same facilities is not conducive to a quick recovery and infection control. Staff are not able to clean floors/seats etc after every patient. On the whole though the stay was made more pleasant by the wonderful staff.

28th January 2022

As soon as I was referred to Mr Jayaram i felt totally looked after and had the best care I could ever have expected. He always makes me feel welcome and explains all the treatment and procedures with as much time as I need.

25th January 2022

I was admitted to Brodie ward the night before I was due to have a Thalamotomy. The nursing and ward staff were friendly and helpful. The room I shared with one other was clean and tidy. The doctors involved in the next day's operation came to see me and described what would be happening over the next 24 hours. Throughout the procedure it was evident that the whole team had my best interests at heart from the surgical team to the porters who wheeled my bed into recovery after the operation. Two days later I was discharged, very impressed with the NHS staff and what they have to cope with.

13th December 2021

I can not fault the breast care team at the Rose Centre, St George’s Hospital. I have just had a double mastectomy by the best surgeon in breast care; not only is he a genius at what he does; Mr Banerjee was very supportive when it came to make my decision for preventative surgery & was able to alleviate my worries and concerns with his honest recommendations. As well as this, it also very much helps that he was approachable and very friendly - like most of the breast care team. To mention a few: His colleague Frederick (one of the doctors) was also amazing - I thank him just as much for his excellent care thereafter - a credit to the team. I just feel lucky to have been allocated a great consultant and team - Jane & Tracey (Breast care nurses) for all of the effort, care and support. As a 31 year old, when faced with such a huge decision that could change your life forever - every bit of kindness helps and I would thoroughly recommend Mr Banerjee’s expertise to anyone that may need surgery or even a second opinion. I am more than happy with the results and I am glad I felt brave enough to undergo this major operation. For now, I am in recovery after having had surgery in Nov 2021, which I thoroughly underestimated as it has been difficult, but like all life challenges it’s also reassuring when you can call the nurses if in doubt. If I had any recommendations it would just be at the fault of stock as the drains I had in were relatively new so it was difficult to obtain another when they needed changing (both on the ward and clinic). I guess that’s a positive as with research constantly changing, so do the props! (I think it would just prevent delay in discharge going home and nurses time - which we already know is precious!) Thank you so much, I feel proud to have had an amazing consultant, but I am even prouder that he is a huge credit to our NHS!

13th October 2021

A very good hospital but they struggle with communicating

6th October 2021

I had craniotomy under care of Neurology unit at St George’s hospital. I had best services and cares at ICU and wards. Dr Andrew Martin is my neurosurgeon and he’s brilliant. From the 1st call about diagnosis I feel confidence that I’m in good hand.

Safe

{{category}} working at St George's Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review St George's Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4z4