Mr Christopher Anderson

Mr Christopher Anderson is a consultant Urological surgeon with a general Urological practise as well as a specialist interest in renal and prostate cancer. In his general Urological practise he manages a wide spectrum of conditions : urinary infections, voiding and bladder problems, enlarged prostates (BPH), haematuria (blood in urine), circumcision, fertility workup, vasectomy / reversal vasectomy and erectile dysfunction. He has particular expertise in minimally invasive robotic and laparoscopic surgical approaches. Mr Anderson completed his undergraduate work at Stellenbosch and his postgraduate training in Cape Town, South Africa, before taking up a substantive consultant post at St George's Healthcare in 1999. He undertook fellowships to Cleveland, the University of Miami and Detroit in the United States before travelling to the University of Leipzig in Germany to further his training in both renal and prostate cancer surgery. Mr Anderson was one of the first to adopt laparoscopic techniques in urology surgery in the UK. In 2004 he introduced laparoscopic renal cryotherapy, also the first operation of its kind in the UK. He continued to develop this technique and has the largest series with long term follow-up in the country. He was an integral member of the team that pioneered robotic surgery in the UK, introducing the robotic surgery programme to St George's Healthcare in July 2008, and has successfully developed the service as lead robotic surgeon.

16th June 2018
Written by a patient at Parkside Hospital

Dr Anderson explained in simple terms what was wrong with me . By then putting this into context of my overall health for my age he totally reassured me.

15th June 2018
Written by a patient at Parkside Hospital

Very approachable person and reassuring person. Polite, not rushing and able to explain to patients who haven't got medical background all the details by using simple terms. Also great sense of humour.

13th June 2018
Written by a patient at Parkside Hospital

Chris is very up front and I like that. He has a friendly yet professional demeanour. I felt comfortable in sharing my thoughts and concerns which he addressed as well as he could have without having had any reports from investigations. He utilized his connections with his urology colleagues, to arrange a ureteroscopy. I have no hesitation in recommending him. Please note, I am NOT old, I am 64 years young! I think it would be more appropriate to ask "What is your age?" as opposed to asking "How old are you?" in this or any other review on this website. Thank you

13th June 2018
Written by a patient at Parkside Hospital

Mt Anderson has being looking after me for the past 8 years after a successful removal of a cancerous kidney. At all times both myself and my wife have found his professionalism coupled with thoughtfulness exceptional. At times when my wife has become anxious about my prognosis Mr Anderson took great care to phone her, even on her mobile, to reassure her which was so much appreciated I personally very much like his directness and honesty about any medical condition that may affect me.

7th June 2018
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

Although the clinic was very busy, Mr Anderson did not rush through the appointment and answered all my questions in great detail. I left feeling very reassured.

Short link to review Mr Christopher Anderson: http://iwgc.net/ecnzh