Mr Christopher Anderson

Mr Christopher Anderson is a consultant Urological surgeon with a general Urological practise as well as a specialist interest in renal and prostate cancer. In his general Urological practise he manages a wide spectrum of conditions : urinary infections, voiding and bladder problems, enlarged prostates (BPH), haematuria (blood in urine), circumcision, fertility workup, vasectomy / reversal vasectomy and erectile dysfunction. He has particular expertise in minimally invasive robotic and laparoscopic surgical approaches. Mr Anderson completed his undergraduate work at Stellenbosch and his postgraduate training in Cape Town, South Africa, before taking up a substantive consultant post at St George's Healthcare in 1999. He undertook fellowships to Cleveland, the University of Miami and Detroit in the United States before travelling to the University of Leipzig in Germany to further his training in both renal and prostate cancer surgery. Mr Anderson was one of the first to adopt laparoscopic techniques in urology surgery in the UK. In 2004 he introduced laparoscopic renal cryotherapy, also the first operation of its kind in the UK. He continued to develop this technique and has the largest series with long term follow-up in the country. He was an integral member of the team that pioneered robotic surgery in the UK, introducing the robotic surgery programme to St George's Healthcare in July 2008, and has successfully developed the service as lead robotic surgeon.

14th May 2019
Written by a patient at Parkside Hospital

Good to hear two or three options to be discussed openly and at ease, so that I can make a wise decision.

11th May 2019
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

As expected Mr Anderson was very knowledgeable and also immediately understood about my condition ( having a kidney removed). Just as important was he was friendly and approachable, able to share a quip or joke without thinking I was wasting his time. He answered all my questions and those of my wife and daughter directly and without 'varnish'. I was slightly worried when I went in to see him but came away reassured and more aware of what lay ahead for me.

10th May 2019
Written by a patient at Parkside Hospital

I received a very good service every time I have seen Mr Anderson

6th May 2019
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

Was seen by Mr Anderson recently for my 6 monthly routine check up. I have only praise for this kind, caring, great doctor!

3rd May 2019
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

Mr Anderson performed a conventional nephrectomy to remove a tumor from my right kidney and later dealt with another on my left kidney through cryotherapy. Both types of operation were my choice and were very successful. He has been extremely helpful with follow-ups over several years. His care has included monitoring the progress of previous bladder surgery, now under the care of another very competent consultant, as well as keeping aware of the progress of the excellent treatment I have been receiving for (unrelated) CML in Haematology at St George's. For all of this, I am very grateful, and would unhesitatingly recommend this brilliant surgeon and practitioner to anyone.

Nearest Urologists