Parkside Hospital

53 Parkside, Wimbledon, London, England, SW19 5NX

29th May 2017

Certain departments and consultants are quite excellent Others can be arrogant, rude and talk down to you without undertaking the proper blood and other checks needed if they were to look on the medical records held on the hospital computer.

4th February 2017

Due to a series of problems I have visited the hospital on a number of occasions to see three different consultants. I have also experienced the x-ray department, had an MRI scan and been injected by a radiologist as well as spend time in hospital as a day patient. All I can say is that I have been met with kindness, efficiency and helpfulness. I cannot fault the patient care or the cleanliness. However you might like to rethink the awful 'slippers' you have to wear when going to theatre.

22nd June 2016

I had booked an appointment with a physio. That wasn't easy either as the receptionists at Physio department couldn't care less! The appointment was already more than a month in advance as the physio was really busy...Then out of no where i receive a voicemail that my appointment has been cancelled because there has been a confusion :S Seriously! I call back within 15 minutes only to find out that slot is gone and I have to wait for another week to get an appointment. Appalling service really!

10th June 2016

In January this year I suffered a back injury and was referred to Mr Bernard and team at Wimbledon Parkside hospital. An initial consultation and MRI was swiftly arranged at convenient times for myself. After review of the MRI, where I felt Mr Bernard the surgeon was approachable and delivered the necessary information with care and consideration, a plan was formulated to cater for my needs. Alas my condition worsened and I communicated this to Mr Bernard, who responded promptly and decided surgery was necessary. It was at this point where I felt the individual care and attention was fantastic. Mr Bernard's team pulled out all the stops to attend to my needs with immediacy. Within two days my surgery was completed successfully and my post op plan was clear and organised. After hearing many horror stories about back surgery, I must say that my experience thus far has been wholly positive. All pain and the partial paralysis I was suffering from has been alleviated and I am back to all forms of sport within 12 weeks of surgery, with almost fully recovered strength and flexibility. A complete and thorough physio and exercise program is an essential part of the rehabilitation process of course. Mr Bernard was very helpful with my return to work pathway. Certain specific checks and reports where needed and he didn't hesitate to familiarise himself with them and complete them in full. Many thanks to Mr Bernard, Claire and the team. I felt supported and cared for throughout what could have been a harrowing process.

16th October 2015

I have been at several private hospitals and this is not up to the level of other private hospitals I have attended. The reception staff are unfriendly and unwelcoming - this has been the case on two occasions I have had to use this hospital. The nursing staff in the day care unit where I had to have a minor op were also not helpful. The doctors I have seen there are of course absolutley brilliant - just I shame I wasn't able to seen them at another hospital - in future I will make sure I can as most of the doctors work at several private hospitals. Unfortunately Parkside does not compare favourably with the New Victoria or BMI Coombe Wing or St Anthony's.