Mr Christopher Anderson

Mr Christopher Anderson is a consultant Urological surgeon with a general Urological practise as well as a specialist interest in renal and prostate cancer. In his general Urological practise he manages a wide spectrum of conditions : urinary infections, voiding and bladder problems, enlarged prostates (BPH), haematuria (blood in urine), circumcision, fertility workup, vasectomy / reversal vasectomy and erectile dysfunction. He has particular expertise in minimally invasive robotic and laparoscopic surgical approaches. Mr Anderson completed his undergraduate work at Stellenbosch and his postgraduate training in Cape Town, South Africa, before taking up a substantive consultant post at St George's Healthcare in 1999. He undertook fellowships to Cleveland, the University of Miami and Detroit in the United States before travelling to the University of Leipzig in Germany to further his training in both renal and prostate cancer surgery. Mr Anderson was one of the first to adopt laparoscopic techniques in urology surgery in the UK. In 2004 he introduced laparoscopic renal cryotherapy, also the first operation of its kind in the UK. He continued to develop this technique and has the largest series with long term follow-up in the country. He was an integral member of the team that pioneered robotic surgery in the UK, introducing the robotic surgery programme to St George's Healthcare in July 2008, and has successfully developed the service as lead robotic surgeon.

13th November 2018
Written by a patient at The Princess Grace Hospital

I found Mr Anderson incredible professional and approachable in regards to discussing my medical situation. In addition, he is very articulate in detailing any after care procedures, routines, etc. that may be required.

12th November 2018
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

Before any treatment he explained in great detail everything that would be happening to me, breaking it down into easy to understand steps. Throughout, he checked that I understood what the various procedures would entail. The follow up care was excellent. I don’t think anything could be done to improve on this.

9th November 2018
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

Since February 2018 I have been treated with robotic surgery for cancers in both my left kidney and right ureter - Mr Anderson has been in charge of these procedures and with delivering explanations about the complexity of my condition to me. I have resisted the option of dialysis but this has been dealt with sympathetically and practically by Mr Anderson and his team, leading to me being on the road to recovery, with some provisos due to the seriousness of my illness. I am, however, recovering well, under excellent supervision. Mr Anderson and all the staff at St Georges, with whom I've come into contact, of whom there are many, have really shown marvellous courtesy and tolerance of a sometimes miserable and confused patient. I have a lot to be grateful for and cannot fault the service that I've been given - thank you.

8th November 2018
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

MY PROSTATIC CONDITION ------------------------------- I saw Mr Anderson yesterday afternoon regarding the above. The care that I received at the Clinic was excellent and I very much appreciated the time that Mr Anderson gave me to go through the results of my recent PSA and MRI scan which fortunately proved to be satisfactory. Thank you. Michael Feldman. Patient Number H920578

5th November 2018
Written by a patient at Parkside Hospital

He explained everything in detail, and step by step all procedures. Post treatment/operation was very smooth which in my experience shows excellent and careful work. Always easy to communicate with. His office made all logistics and procedures very easy. I trust him 100%.

Short link to review Mr Christopher Anderson: http://iwgc.net/ecnzh